Rules ....

1. Ryuo, not Ryou. U-O. There are a half dozen ways to romanize it but Ryou is for the dyslexic or lazy.

2. Are there levels to Haki? Yes. Katakuri and Hyo literally say that. There are also different uses to each "color." If it helps I guess we can talk about observation for example as time and space, related aspects but not the same. Future sight is not relevant to the observation used to sense like we see with Koby at Marineford and Usopp use in Dressrosa. It is a better version of what we see Sandersonia use. Back to armament, there's harder Haki but now we can be sure of two other types that still work as armor, but don't work the same way. The hardness of your basic Haki isn't related to the other armors. Cracker and Katakuri had armament so hard it troubled Luffy and the latter hurt his hands when they clashed.

2. Zoro has Ryuo, because it's Haki. However, he doesn't have advanced Haki, which either has a barrier effect to impact without contact, or on the next level does make contact but has an internal effect. This chapter opens with a confirmation of that. Simple question: can Zoro unlock the exploding collars?

3. Does it matter that he doesn't have advanced Haki? No. No where does it state that barrier Haki is needed to affect Kaido. Sentomaru, Hyo, and Kawamatsu use it for sumo style hand to hand, which is pretty useless for Zoro. Internal destruction is useful but there's no point in bothering if you have a sword as, again, opposed to using your fists. Kaido being tough to hurt with fists isn't the same as being tough to hurt with a sword, any more than Luffy completely resisting Hody's melee while being vulnerable to his teeth. He specifically mentioned his Haki not being hard enough in that sense. If Kaido's body or Haki aren't hard enough to stop Zoro's cuts then it doesn't matter whether or not it's advanced.

4. Roger and Whitebeard could clash without touching where Oden never showed that ability even though he could certainly hurt Kaido badly. So this goes with the other point but just goes by what we have already seen vs what we will see. Also along those lines, remember what Zoro said to Pica. Pica stated that he was invincible when infused and Zoro pointed out that it depended on hardness vs hardness. As long as basic Haki armament is hard enough that will provide what we have already seen as a successful result.

Last edited:
This is internal haki not barrier haki.
So Zoro can still have Barrier Haki
He can but that's completely pointless. The idea of a sword is cutting with the edge, what purpose does a buffer serve?

Regular armament doesn't dull the edge at all, makes the sword more durable, and negates DF powers. Why would Zoro use a barrier, especially since he already can cut long range (objects much longer than his blade) and use flying slashes?

Luffy only used Barrier in Red Roc, not the internal. Zoro's words confirm that.

No, retainers used Adv CoA Barrier, Zoro and Killer not.

Like I said, no black lightning, no black swords, no aura aroud their weapons like Luffy with Red Roc, not any quote saying that they used and Zoro confirmed that he is not an Adv CoA user with his words since Hyogoro taught Luffy about Barrier. He didn't know about Internal until Luffy did it with the cuffs.
How does Zoro word confirm that?

Holy shit, stop with this crap lmao, chapter already debunked this load of bullshit.
Kaido is not hax, he is a brute guy with hard skin but his skin hardness has a limit, once you have more "attack points" than his "defence points", you can hurt him.
Then let talk aboout his defence point, it seems like only top tiers where able to hurt him in the past, every damage with he take sofar come from ryu, do you think both Killer and Zoro hakiless attacks are above Kong Organ??? Because Kaido defense points is such great that even adv CoA punch of Kong Gun didn´t bother him much or give him much damage. Stop this headcanon pls.

His intro doesnt mean a shit lmao. That depends on who wields those swords/spear. Ofc a normal human can't pierce Kaido's skin with a cutting weapon while some powerhouse can, since there is a huge difference in AP.
You say powerhouse, yet Kaido was sure to don´t getting hurt by simple blades, haki is important yet neither Killer or Zoro even USE haki on their attacks, it doesn´t make sense that they beeing able to cut Kaido while don´t even use haki while Luffy and the Scabbards with ryu barely scratch and hurt him.

@Geo I know what you try to say but for me it more sound like that both Zoro and Killer just make a comment about the second step of adv Penetration CoA with is above barrier. With doesn´t mean that both could have the first step of adv haki.

Sry but I can´t imagine Zoro without at least the first adv CoA form.
He easily learn Kinemon fire style(probably even better) and Zoro is also above the Scabbards, he is here as the other part of Oden as swordmen fighter, in wano where ryu is a big thing. Sry but I can´t imagine Zoro without Ryu, if Killer have it too I wouldn´t mind it either since Killer as character know many things and probably train enough in wano too.

I think we should then wait until we get the confirm that both using ryu, but for me they use it in this chapter yet I can also understand your point, I think let wait for the next chapters, im sure we learning more in the next chapters.

And Killer indeed cut Kaido, you can see around his head little blood similar as what Zoro did:

Around Kaido head: Bloood which he take from Killer
Around Kaido belly: Blood which he take from Zoro

You can only wound Kaido via ryu, another else wouldn´t work, blades neither.
Luffy hurt and bring Kaido in blood with a g3 attack, yet Kong gun didn´t even hurt him much as before, Kaido was prepared this time.

What blood are we talking about here?

Killer and zolo didn't do shit to Kaido

What blood are we talking about here?

Killer and zolo didn't do shit to Kaido
Wait so they didn't cut him, what was then these many black points when they hit Kaido? I though Kaido said with "as expected" that he make a comment for their strenght,but with using your point it sound like more he said that in case that both couldn't cut him? The japenese provider said the same thing. I though they cut him? I wait for viz version,probably their version could the point behind these attacks.

If that is really the case then sry @Geo you could be really right here...

He can but that's completely pointless. The idea of a sword is cutting with the edge, what purpose does a buffer serve?

Regular armament doesn't dull the edge at all, makes the sword more durable, and negates DF powers. Why would Zoro use a barrier, especially since he already can cut long range (objects much longer than his blade) and use flying slashes?
Or swordsman use it in a different way
Look Hyo he have it eventhough he's a swordsman

know what you try to say but for me it more sound like that both Zoro and Killer just make a comment about the second step of adv Penetration CoA with is above barrier. With doesn´t mean that both could have the first step of adv haki.

Sry but I can´t imagine Zoro without at least the first adv CoA form.
He easily learn Kinemon fire style(probably even better) and Zoro is also above the Scabbards, he is here as the other part of Oden as swordmen fighter, in wano where ryu is a big thing. Sry but I can´t imagine Zoro without Ryu, if Killer have it too I wouldn´t mind it either since Killer as character know many things and probably train enough in wano too.

I think we should then wait until we get the confirm that both using ryu, but for me they use it in this chapter yet I can also understand your point, I think let wait for the next chapters, im sure we learning more in the next chapters.
Don't misunderstand. My point isn't that Zoro doesn't have adCOA. I have stated multiple times that he does have adCOA.
My point is that he didn't use it in that panel mainly because his sword isn't leaking.

In Killer's case, he first affirms Kidd's misbelief of Luffy using an unknown haki which implies that he(Killer) himself doesn't possess adCOA. This coupled with the argument that Killer couldn't make a cut on Kaido's neck supports the claim that he doesn't have Ryou/barrier etc.

Also it is important to note that we don't know if Luffy used barrier haki or penetrating haki
Post automatically merged:

Wait so they didn't cut him, what was then these many black points when they hit Kaido? I though Kaido said with "as expected" that he make a comment for their strenght,but with using your point it sound like more he said that in case that both couldn't cut him? The japenese provider said the same thing. I though they cut him? I wait for viz version,probably their version could the point behind these attacks.

If that is really the case then sry @Geo you could be really right here...
Yes viz will clear it up.

The only person who did damage to Kaido is Luffy with his red Rock last chapter. The attacks shown in this chapter didn't do damage to Kaido