News 20 to 30 volumes left to go.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
The most important take away is still that everyone involved with One Piece keeps telling us that One Piece is in the final stages.

The Strawhats about to topple a Yonko should be the big clue there anyway.

The question is how long the endgame takes to tell, not that we are going into the endgame after Wano.

That's like 2 big arcs or 3 mid range arcs.
One smaller arc (Elbaf) and one massive arc (final war featuring Laugh Tale)

I think Oda is trying to end his story exactly at volume 120. Editor Sugita said, "He told me that the first part of the story, the part prior to the time-skip, was around halfway through. That was about 60 volumes"
http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2015...nterview-with-one-piece-editor-suguru-sugita/
In fact, Oda exactly finished the timeskip at volume 60. The name of volume 61 was "Romance Dawn: For the New World"

We are currently at chapter 1011, which should be published in volume 100. That means Oda has 20 more volumes to finish his story. If we assume, 5 of those volumes will be dedicated to rest of the wano, then he will have only 15 more volumes. He will need those 15 volumes for the final arc. I think this is what Oda is aiming for: One more massive arc after Wano. In fact, Oda said in his 1000 chapter message, "Luffy's adventure is near the final arc"

Now THIS i can heavily agree with and see. The actual time frame didn't make sense to me, but the actual content of the story does. Especially because we only get 3 volumes a year now basically, not 4-5 as this suggests.

20-30 is also a huge range, that's like 100-110 chapters, and it also wouldn't surprise me if he still is underestimating or really has no idea on how big this remaining storyline will be.

But yeah, if Wano ends by 104/105, I can see there being 20-25 volumes left, but even that has the potential yo be an underestimating.

There is still so much left to do with so many characters. Ganbare Oda.
Post automatically merged:

I think Oda is trying to end his story exactly at volume 120. Editor Sugita said, "He told me that the first part of the story, the part prior to the time-skip, was around halfway through. That was about 60 volumes"
http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2015...nterview-with-one-piece-editor-suguru-sugita/
In fact, Oda exactly finished the timeskip at volume 60. The name of volume 61 was "Romance Dawn: For the New World"

We are currently at chapter 1011, which should be published in volume 100. That means Oda has 20 more volumes to finish his story. If we assume, 5 of those volumes will be dedicated to rest of the wano, then he will have only 15 more volumes. He will need those 15 volumes for the final arc. I think this is what Oda is aiming for: One more massive arc after Wano. In fact, Oda said in his 1000 chapter message, "Luffy's adventure is near the final arc"
As much as I'd "like" this, it's pretty unrealistic. Remember that we haven't seen Elbaf yet or know where the 4th RP is. We need to reach Laugh Tale and then pursue the final arc. Its not like Luffy will beat Kaido and go immediately to fighting Blackbeard, a story requires escalation to do so. This is why it's also fundamentally important that the characters know exactly what Roger found out in order to fight the WG.

Wano is the conclusion of a 400 chapter plotline and there are far more important characters beyond Wano. These characters need time to escalate their plots.
Post automatically merged:

So 200-300 chapters left at best.
5.5 - 6 years to be precise considering Oda take break more often than any other mangaka.

1 month : 3 chapters at best.
1 year : 36 chapters at best.

200 chapters left : 36 chapters per year (at best) = 5.5 years
Again, at best is tough to say because the man does underestimate the length of his arcs. He has pointed this out with DR and WCI, which were meant to be far smaller

As much as I'd "like" this, it's pretty unrealistic. Remember that we haven't seen Elbaf yet or know where the 4th RP is. We need to reach Laugh Tale and then pursue the final arc. Its not like Luffy will beat Kaido and go immediately to fighting Blackbeard, a story requires escalation to do so. This is why it's also fundamentally important that the characters know exactly what Roger found out in order to fight the WG.

Wano is the conclusion of a 400 chapter plotline and there are far more important characters beyond Wano. These characters need time to escalate their plots.
I said thats what he is aiming for, I didnt say thats what he will be able to do, but who knows? He must have some type of plan for what will be the final chapter or volume number. We all know Oda loves to play with numbers, right? You must have seen all those theories and threads over the years. Thats why I highly doubt the final chapter or volume number will be something completely random and Oda has no plan for it. Imagine the satisfaction and fulfillment it will bring to the man if he finishes the post timeskip also exactly at 60 volumes. You are assuming Oda will go to the minute details for every character and every plot points. Oda can proceed with the main story line and leave many things up to readers imagination.

Is there really a need of a lengthy Elbaf arc? It can be a small stop gap of 10-12 chapters where they meet Shanks to know more about the secrets of the world, will of D and Blackbeard. You are assuming Laugh Tale and final arc are separate, the story can be intertwined to the point those can be made a single arc. The editors and Oda have been telling us again and again that One Piece will not continue an indefinite period of time, that couldnt be the case if we had 3-4 arcs left including the final arc.

I said thats what he is aiming for, I didnt say thats what he will be able to do, but who knows? He must have some type of plan for what will be the final chapter or volume number. We all know Oda loves to play with numbers, right? You must have seen all those theories and threads over the years. Thats why I highly doubt the final chapter or volume number will be something completely random and Oda has no plan for it. Imagine the satisfaction and fulfillment it will bring to the man if he finishes the post timeskip also exactly at 60 volumes. You are assuming Oda will go to the minute details of every character and every plot points. Oda can proceed with the main story line and leave many things up to readers imagination.

Is there really a need of a lengthy Elbaf arc? It can be a small stop gap of 10-12 chapters where they meet Shanks to know more about the secrets of the world, will of D and Blackbeard. You are assuming Laugh Tale and final arc are separate, the story can be intertwined to the point those can be made a single arc. The editors and Oda have been telling us again and again that One Piece will not continue an indefinite period of time, that couldnt be the case if we had 3-4 arcs left including the final arc.
How dare you !

elbaf is big mom third arc I will always stand by that. Y’all better get prepared...mom piece is a thang.

I said thats what he is aiming for, I didnt say thats what he will be able to do, but who knows? He must have some type of plan for what will be the final chapter or volume number. We all know Oda loves to play with numbers, right? You must have seen all those theories and threads over the years. Thats why I highly doubt the final chapter or volume number will be something completely random and Oda has no plan for it. Imagine the satisfaction and fulfillment it will bring to the man if he finishes the post timeskip also exactly at 60 volumes. You are assuming Oda will go to minute details for every character and every plot points. Oda can proceed with the main story line and leave many things up to readers imagination.

All I'm saying is the same way we can assume Elbaf is short or Laugh Tale is separate from the final war or Vegapunk not having a separate arc, the opposite can also be true and Oda is just grossly underestimating his storyline lengths per arc.

Some reasons i believe Elbaf won't be short (doesn't have to be a 100 chapter arc, not what I'm saying) is that primarily it's been a hyped up location for Usopp and Little Garden. Dorry, Broggy, Oimo, Kaashi, and the giant at Sabaody all have mentioned Elbaf and seeing the crew again there. Its also been a silhouetted island which has teased its huge, towering tree above it and beyond the horizon. It's also teased characters there (Loki) and an unfinished Big Mom plotline.

Again, not to say it has to be long, but I doubt it'll be short. We are also missing a 4th RP and it's possible elbaf is the location of it, which may require adventuring.

How dare you !

elbaf is big mom third arc I will always stand by that. Y’all better get prepared...mom piece is a thang.
Shut up, nobody wants to see Big Mom anymore. This is one of the reasons Elbaf will not be long.

All I'm saying is the same way we can assume Elbaf is short or Laugh Tale is separate from the final war or Vegapunk not having a separate arc, the opposite can also be true and Oda is just grossly underestimating his storyline lengths per arc.

Some reasons i believe Elbaf won't be short (doesn't have to be a 100 chapter arc, not what I'm saying) is that primarily it's been a hyped up location for Usopp and Little Garden. Dorry, Broggy, Oimo, Kaashi, and the giant at Sabaody all have mentioned Elbaf and seeing the crew again there. Its also been a silhouetted island which has teased its huge, towering tree above it and beyond the horizon. It's also teased characters there (Loki) and an unfinished Big Mom plotline.

Again, not to say it has to be long, but I doubt it'll be short. We are also missing a 4th RP and it's possible elbaf is the location of it, which may require adventuring.
This sounds like more of a wishful thinking to me. How are these things absolutely necessary for Luffy becoming PK apart from the 4th RP?