News 20 to 30 volumes left to go.

Well 6-7 years is a good bet, also for the 30th adniversary reach.

1 year of Wano left probably
We may get to Elbaf + set up for the Final War which could add up to another 1 or 2
2 years of Final War
1 year to get to Raftel + BB events
1 year of Final WG arc + finale

My rough expectation. Didn't mention Vegapunk, Lodestar etc. But merely the main supposed events.

H

Haoshoku

All I'm saying is the same way we can assume Elbaf is short or Laugh Tale is separate from the final war or Vegapunk not having a separate arc, the opposite can also be true and Oda is just grossly underestimating his storyline lengths per arc.
That’s a very weak assumption predicated on mere speculatuon tho. Because it’s already been heavily implied that they’re intertwined or at the very least linked successively like Punk Hazard to Dressrosa for example.

The nature of WB’s statements in Marineford simply paints it as such:
Bottom left
Finding Raftel and the One Piece basically means kickstarting a great war vs the World Govt, i.e kickstarting the final war. That’s the takeaway.

I don’t see any reason for Elbaf being that long tbh. It looks like its going to be an intermission arc where Ussop gets some development and I think Oda will shift the tone drastically at the end via revealing the Red Hairs falling to Blackbeard and ultimately setting the scene for the Straw Hats facing the Blackbeard Pirates post Elbaf. That conflict spills over to Raftel, Blackbeard falls, Luffy is crowned Pirate King, Final War begins....you get the point.

There’s plenty of time to meet Vegapunk and have him do his DF expose’ Post Elbaf, in fact BB’s mystery could be unraveled via Vegapunk simultaneously as BB is in action vs Luffy.

The 4th road poneglyph could very well be hidden on Elbaf as well.

That’s a very weak assumption predicated on mere speculatuon tho. Because it’s already been heavily implied that they’re intertwined or at the very least linked successively like Punk Hazard to Dressrosa for example.

The nature of WB’s statements in Marineford simply paints it as such:
Bottom left
Finding Raftel and the One Piece basically means kickstarting a great war vs the World Govt, i.e kickstarting the final war. That’s the takeaway.

I don’t see any reason for Elbaf being that long tbh. It looks like its going to be an intermission arc where Ussop gets some development and I think Oda will shift the tone drastically at the end via revealing the Red Hairs falling to Blackbeard and ultimately setting the scene for the Straw Hats facing the Blackbeard Pirates post Elbaf. That conflict spills over to Raftel, Blackbeard falls, Luffy is crowned Pirate King, Final War begins....you get the point.

There’s plenty of time to meet Vegapunk and have him do his DF expose’ Post Elbaf, in fact BB’s mystery could be unraveled via Vegapunk simultaneously as BB is in action vs Luffy.

The 4th road poneglyph could very well be hidden on Elbaf as well.
When I say "separate" I mean exactly what you say in your 3rd paragraph (without the whole Red Hair pirates falling to Blackbeard, I personally disagree)

Whitebeards speech deems it necessary for Laugh Tale to basically come before any final conflict. We need to find out what Roger found out before Luffy can "do" what Roger couldn't.

I think Oda is trying to end his story exactly at volume 120. Editor Sugita said, "He told me that the first part of the story, the part prior to the time-skip, was around halfway through. That was about 60 volumes"
http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2015...nterview-with-one-piece-editor-suguru-sugita/
In fact, Oda exactly finished the timeskip at volume 60. The name of volume 61 was "Romance Dawn: For the New World"

We are currently at chapter 1011, which should be published in volume 100. That means Oda has 20 more volumes to finish his story. If we assume, 5 of those volumes will be dedicated to rest of the wano, then he will have only 15 more volumes. He will need those 15 volumes for the final arc. I think this is what Oda is aiming for: One more massive arc after Wano. In fact, Oda said in his 1000 chapter message, "Luffy's adventure is near the final arc"

the problem with the notion one more massive arc after Wano is cramming every plot together even when it don't make sense , making for an extremely chaotic setting kinda like Wano rn

I really hope this isn't true or One Piece will end like Naruto's Great Ninja War or Bleach's 1000 year blood arc idk :/

Hope it's more than 20 volumes left maybe some time for elbaf some time for a fun island stop , seperate the BB/Shanks and WG/Dragon conflicts etc

Edit : unless he means Saga obviously then it's more understandable cause Saga has different arcs with different purposes like the 4Emperor Saga had Zou which's a fun stop

Last edited:
I believe 120 is a good number of volumes.

-Wano ending in 105
-postWano/Elbaf 106-109
-Road to Laftel 110
-Laftel/Void Century FB 111/112
-Final War 113-120/30

As we have seen in Dressrosa and Wano the major Arcs in Pos-TS normally are bigger so the final Saga having around 17 volumes divided in some 3/4 arcs wouldnt suprise me, but could be that Oda can make the final War not that big as there will be no need to spend time making build up for future arcs and go for a fast Arc with 7 volumes.

I am of 2 halves at this point, and they'll probably be wrong but who knows lol. Oda is pretty purposeful about numbering so I can see it being 1 of 2 choices:

- 120 volumes
- 1325 chapters

The former splitting the entire series in half (60 volumes for each part ), the latter splitting Luffy's Journey in half only. Basically the former takes into account the entire series, including the final war, within the next 20 volumes. The latter, brings us to Laugh Tale by volume 120 or making Luffy PK. 121-13x (whatever volume 1325 ends on; like 133-134 probably) will be the final war/epilogue post PK

Chapter 1325 is Thusand San-Ni-Go :D I entirely prefer the latter lol. Thats still 300 chapters of solid content

One Piece reveal at 1300th chapter. (The journey and treasure)

One Piece manga concluded at 1400~1450th chapter. (Final war, going back to Paradise, who is where and what they are doing, etc).

Sorry, I cant accept OP to end at 1300 chapters when I see Holdem, Samurai vs Kiku, Gazzelle Man, The night thief, Kanjuro dying 2~3 times, Orochi dying 8 times, Luffy losing 3 times, Big Mom amnesia, missing Big Mom Pirates, Kaido's desire to start a war, and many more.

NOT A SLOW PACE RANT, just being realistic about Oda's writing style. At this point, I believe that Oda won't end OP until sales hit all time low.