Questions & Mysteries 2nd Zoro flashback

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
โ€Ž
Zoro was first name dropped in chapter 2. First introduced in chapter 3. We still know jack shit about him.

Were his parents random nobodies from Shimotsuki Village? Did he come from somewhere else like the anime showed? Is he actually a Shimotsuki? Why did he want to become the WSS (he wanted it before Kuina died)? We only have 7 pages of backstory plus Koshiro telling Zoro about Ryou. It'd be criminal if that's all the information we get about him despite us knowing so little about him. We know more about fucking Kyros than Zoro :catcry:

Zoro was first name dropped in chapter 2. First introduced in chapter 3. We still know jack shit about him.

Were his parents random nobodies from Shimotsuki Village? Did he come from somewhere else like the anime showed? Is he actually a Shimotsuki? Why did he want to become the WSS (he wanted it before Kuina died)? We only have 7 pages of backstory plus Koshiro telling Zoro about Ryou. It'd be criminal if that's all the information we get about him despite us knowing so little about him. We know more about fucking Kyros than Zoro :catcry:
I hope he isnt related to ryuma, would love it if zoro was just a random badass born from nobody parents. Enough with this lineage bs.

I wouldn't mind either way. I just wanna know :pepecry:

I do wonder if Zoro hearing stories about Ryuma made him wanna be WSS. He knew who Ryuma was without being told in TB.
Exactly man...we just wanna know

Same shit with the eye...people say its just new design choice by Oda, but why doesn't he just clear it up in SBS then? I'm 100% he still gets asked that a lot

As for the topic:

Chances of getting more Zoro origin seem very slim right now unfortunetely and even if we get one it definitely doesn't seem like it's gonna be a big plot point in Wano. Still would be nice to get to know more even if it's in the background.

But it seems at most we can get a Mihawk fb or something

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
โ€Ž
There are very, very, very few characters in One Piece that haven't got introbox. Zoro is one of them. Ryuma, curiously, is another.

I don't think we'll get a huge Zoro backstory with tragedy and despair. But I think we could see, at the end of Wano, Zoro go to Ryuma's shrine like he said he would, sit in front of it and we get a simple flashback of Kid Zoro, Kuina and the three other kids from the dojo being told a story by the old Shimotsuki swordsmith about Ryuma, the World's Greatest Swordsman. Kid Zoro says that sounds awesome and that he's going do that. Nothing big or fancy, we'll see Zoro's parents, that'll be it.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
โ€Ž
There are very, very, very few characters in One Piece that haven't got introbox. Zoro is one of them. Ryuma, curiously, is another.

I don't think we'll get a huge Zoro backstory with tragedy and despair. But I think we could see, at the end of Wano, Zoro go to Ryuma's shrine like he said he would, sit in front of it and we get a simple flashback of Kid Zoro, Kuina and the three other kids from the dojo being told a story by the old Shimotsuki swordsmith about Ryuma, the World's Greatest Swordsman. Kid Zoro says that sounds awesome and that he's going do that. Nothing big or fancy, we'll see Zoro's parents, that'll be it.
Doesn't not having an offical intro box suggest something a lot bigger than that ?

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Zoro related to Kaido ? :jay-yeah::jay-yeah:
He's Yamato's aniki don't you know this already?

Jokes aside.

It's too late for Zoro flashback. If he's related to Wano the best time for that was during Ebisu Town thing.

I don't want any more fucking flashbacks.

Not Yamato not Ace, not anyone fuck the flashback and start the fights already!

He's Yamato's aniki don't you know this already?

Jokes aside.

It's too late for Zoro flashback. If he's related to Wano the best time for that was during Ebisu Town thing.

I don't want any more fucking flashbacks.

Not Yamato not Ace, not anyone fuck the flashback and start the fights already!
Since wano is based on kabuki wano will probably have 5 act, we are already in act 3, and we see every act it started soft and then end in high note, it is inevitable that oda will give us flashback just like at WC and big meme flashback but this is based on logical assumption but i really wish after act 3, act 4 and 5 is just full fights no new characters or flashback bullshit maybe some new powerup or possibly gear 5 :smithnie:

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Since wano is based on kabuki wano will probably have 5 act, we are already in act 3, and we see every act it started soft and then end in high note, it is inevitable that oda will give us flashback just like at WC and big meme flashback but this is based on logical assumption but i really wish after act 3, act 4 and 5 is just full fights no new characters or flashback bullshit maybe some new powerup or possibly gear 5 :smithnie:
Don't worry we have yet to meat boring Yamato fanboying flashback, Ace flashback, and few fodders dreaming of a beautiful country:goatasure::goatasure::goatasure:

:akaman: that would be good.

I think Onimaru will play a big part maybe we will get the flashback at the start of wano act 4
His master resisted Orochi and died like a true warrior. There must be a reason why Oda never formally introduced him and is teasing us.

Onimaru protected the gaves for twenty years and stocked up on weapons for the alliance. I can't see him not getting some payback.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
โ€Ž
Doesn't not having an offical intro box suggest something a lot bigger than that ?
I used to think that, but I don't anymore. I think it's mostly just a sign of early serialisation. Zoro, Kuina and Koshiro don't have introduction boxes- the other big ones missing them are Beckman, Roo, Yassop and Usopp's mother. These are all characters who Oda would have hoping to expand their pasts later in the series- if One Piece wasn't cancelled.

Keep in mind Oda probably only had a vague idea of what the story would be then- he's said he's always had the ending planned, he's said the Yonko were always planned, but other than that the series has evolved a hell of a lot. I think with Zoro and the Shinotsuki's it was just the case that's he was thinking "two or three years down the line we'll be in a samurai island and I'll reveal Zoro is actually from there as well."

His master resisted Orochi and died like a true warrior. There must be a reason why Oda never formally introduced him and is teasing us.

Onimaru protected the gaves for twenty years and stocked up on weapons for the alliance. I can't see him not getting some payback.
Don't forget that the shimotsuki have that eternal grave thing where the corpse is never rotted maybe we will see mumified ushimaru that looked like zoro but i think it's just not possible cause if ushimaru looked like zoro, kinemon probably recognized it in punk hazard or maybe they will make a joke about it like ushimaru without that headbun look a lot like zoro

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
โ€Ž
At this point in wano arc will we actually get one?
If so when/ how will it start up? Like when he sees hiyori again, king fight, orochi etc.

Also just what do you want to see/expect in the flashback?
Without reading the replies yet, Iโ€™m gonna guess people are a little riled up over this one...donโ€™t ever change, Albino :cheers:

OT: I doubt Hiyori will have anything to do with triggering Zoroโ€™s flashback, but I imagine it will happen either before or shortly after his main fight this arc. Donโ€™t believe Orochi will be his final opponent, so whether it be King/Kaido/someone else currently unexpected, the Kurozumi motherfucker ainโ€™t gonna be the one.

What would I like to see? Everything, honestly. For almost 25 years, hereโ€™s all weโ€™ve known about Zoro:
1. He was born (evidenced by his sheer existence)
2. He lived/trained in Shimotsuki Village (foreshadowing that has not yet fully paid off)
3. His friend died in an incredibly dumb way, he picked up her will to become the WSS
4. He was unsuccessfully recruited by Baroque Works, and he teamed up with Johnny and Yosaku at some point to hunt a few bounties
5. He was captured by Helmeppo, whereupon the rubber guy convinced him to become a pirate.

So in terms of what else needs to be fleshed out with Zoro, we still gotta see damn near everything about his parentage, how he got to Shimotsuki, and anything else that would be pertinent about him being in (returning to?) Wano. If this arc is to Zoro as WCI was to Sanji, we should see everything about his childhood.