Questions & Mysteries 3 questions only for women about One Piece.

Are you a woman ?

• Total voters

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Hi!

I think men's opinion about One Piece is overrepresented here, so I have three very broad questions for the women of this forum and I ask kindly that ONLY WOMEN answer it for once. You can answer them in anyway you want but the more developped the answer, the better:

1 - What do you love in One Piece ?

2 - What are your favorite characters among and outside the strawhats and why ?

3 - How would you make One Piece better ?

Answer the poll so I can see which answers I can take into account. Gentlemen, please, let women have the room here.

Have a fun day !

:lusnipe:
What is a woman?

Those are political matters. Logiko asked 3 precise questions that aren’t really related to women’s rights or whut.

As a woman, which one you think is stronger : Zoro or Sanji ?
On a group level women differ from men in a lot of aspects when it comes to opinions, not only political matters.

There have been character popularity votes conducted by Shueisha in the past where only something like 3 of the mens top 10 characters made it in to the females top 10.

If male and female One Piece fans got to vote on which island they would prefer to live on you would likely get quite different answers.

Ok, I'm female by birth and mostly identify as such, so I hope my response counts.

1 - I like world building and initially I liked the story more when Luffy was more of a self-made dude with immense determination instead of a chosen one he is now, as I don't enjoy "chosen one" plots so much.
Also DF magic system seems cool to me, I love the variety of abilities.
Haki often spoils the fun for me tbh, because it's often hax and does whatever Oda needs it to do, is inconsistent AF and the only good thing it brings is that it allows to counter logias.

2 - currently Sanji is my top SH, followed by Robin, and #3 is shared between Zoro and Nami.
Outside of SHP I like Law, Pudding, Kuzan. There are way too many characters in the story, so I might go on, but those were on the top off my head. The character I dislike the most is Oden, purely because I felt he was being shoved down our throats for being oh so amazing, it led to the opposite effect, I wish his character was never introduced. There are also villains I love to hate, but Oden is just one big "ugh".

3 - fewer side characters, more focus on the main cast. I don't remember when we had a proper fight for every SH like we had prior to the TS. I also miss their between the adventures moments and interactions. Faster and more engaging pace, like in Sakamoto Days or Dandadan. And a little less blue-balling with secret reveal teasing, I mean I understand, there are a lot of uncovered mysteries, but we're in the final or pre-final saga, it's time to start revealing some goodies. Even now I think we won't hear Vegapunk's whole message, and there's also a chance that we'll only see the reactions and not read the message for ourselves, like with Luffy's dream.
Oh, and I wish to see a bit more of Revos now in the story, especially since our main cast is facing the WG BBEGs. But this is something I hope will indeed happen.
Thanks for the reply, yes, it counts.

A thread exclusively for women (segregation) made by a man (patronizing).

The irony can be cut with a wooden spoon
The irony of this reply :shocking:

Honestly what even went through your head?
Two things :

- I want to know more women audience regarding One Piece for my own work
- I want to make a point about the status of this forum to the staff.

1. World Building, Lore and Mystery, Character Development and Emotional stories, Shounen Morals of Grey, and in arcs like Skypiea the sense of adventure and discovery.

Especially Skypiea, what I had to say on Twitter about it:
2. Sanji! And Luffy, Nami, Law, and Shanks: I love well written characters, but I'm also a fan of the shounen 'life lessons, and preaching,' characters do, and the struggle the authors put them through. For Shanks I also love his good hearted nature and stature as a role model to Luffy.

3. I would want the author to follow up on plotlines started, even if it was just a "Lore Corner," in the back of every volume where he picks a subject to elaborate on each time that he doesn't have time to address in the story. My main complaint is he starts things, but then jumps to a new thing each chapter hardly following through and leaving cliffhangers hanging indefinitely.
Thanks for the answer

Would you say that you put battles in a "second place" or do you still care deeply about them ?

On a group level women differ from men in a lot of aspects when it comes to opinions, not only political matters.
Indeed.

1. I love the humor, I love the world. I love when there's funny animals or strange phenomena. And of course I love the fights, at least when they're creative.
2. My favorite Straw Hats are Usopp and Robin, my favorite non-Straw Hats are, mmm... its hard to choose. I'm gonna go with Cavendish and Crocodile. Usopp is very funny and he has some of my favorite fights, and he and Robin had the most interesting developments in my favorite arc. Robin also has a lot of my favorite gags, a good backstory, cool powers... and she's hot.

Crocodile is also hot, and out of all the villains in One Piece he's just the coolest. Simple as. Cavendish is really cute but the main reason he's one of my favorites, and has a lot of funny moments as well as cool ones, but the main reason he's one of my favorites is because I ended up really liking to play as him in Pirate Warriors 4

3. I really liked Wano and I've been enjoying Egghead, but it does feel like more and more stuff is getting offscreened, which I don't like... but then again, I really REALLY want to get to Elbaf already, so maybe the offscreening is a necessary evil.

And obviously I want Usopp to actually get to do something

I’m a woman and I can answer these questions

1. I love One Piece for its world building, lore, devil fruits, and character interactions. My favorite arcs are the more adventure style arcs such as Skypeia. I’m also enjoying Egghead island!

2. My favorite characters are Luffy and Zoro. I love Luffy because he is a ray of sunshine and I love how he utilizes his devil fruit. He’s also the definition of a determinator and a good friend! I love Zoro because he’s the definition of hard work. His loyalty to his captain and crew are also a good example to follow. I like his lack of direction gag. I also love Robin, Franky, Big Mom, Blackbeard, Kuzan, Saul, Vivi, Conis, Ohtohime, and Mihawk!

3. I don’t care for Sanji and Brook’s perverted gags. I also think Oda starts an arc off strong but definitely drags it during the middle while he tries to set up fights. I also think he adds too many characters but doesn’t utilize them all.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer

Would you say that you put battles in a "second place" or do you still care deeply about them ?
That is a loaded, not-so-simple question.

In Shounen in particular, battles are never just battles. They're the ideology of the protagonist vs the ideology of the villain -- and when it's done this way, I love the battles. For example, Doflamingo and Crocodile vs Luffy. Queen vs Sanji. Because you have a goal, and with the battle, the character faces a struggle physical or mental to get over to complete that goal and defeat the opposing ideology. Thus, we get speeches, life lessons, characters at their lowest needing words or powerup to break past their physical or mental limits that are holding them down, and that's where battles in shounen are great.

Now, when you don't have that, you get things like (don't kill me.) King vs Zoro. -- I absolutely hate this battle, and the anime didn't make it better because it has no substance. Aside from 'stopping a bad guy so Luffy can advance,' there was nothing to this fight. Zoro got a powerup, and mastered his new sword, yes. But why King? Just because he was YC1? There was nothing driving these two to battle aside from King being in the way. There was no ideology that concerned Zoro and only Zoro to battle King, there was no deeper story like Sanji and Queen, there was just ... Character A vs Character B to advance, type brawl.

So, do I put them in second place? Yes, if it's a battle just for a battle. No, if it's part of the story.

More examples:
-Sanji vs Saturn would have been great alongside Luffy for the reason that Sanji and Bonney and Kuma all share so much themes tying them together in being kindred spirits. This would have been a great battle.
-Sanji vs Kizaru to a point, because he also matches Sanji in strengths, but moreso because Sanji and Luffy were the most affected from losing everyone, and being unable to stop it in Sabadoy. Even better, whole crew beat down would have been that poetic justice we needed.

Current battles... if Sanji fights the Vice Admirals will not be satisfying unless they're literally holding Bonney by the neck and threatening her, or if Sanji just runs past them and kicks them all out of the way in one or two panels. Because they aren't a threat, they aren't really a driving force to the current story. They're just 'in the way,' and have no relation to the character.

Sorry for the wall of text. It's just, not so simple to answer.

1. I love the humor, I love the world. I love when there's funny animals or strange phenomena. And of course I love the fights, at least when they're creative.
2. My favorite Straw Hats are Usopp and Robin, my favorite non-Straw Hats are, mmm... its hard to choose. I'm gonna go with Cavendish and Crocodile. Usopp is very funny and he has some of my favorite fights, and he and Robin had the most interesting developments in my favorite arc. Robin also has a lot of my favorite gags, a good backstory, cool powers... and she's hot.

Crocodile is also hot, and out of all the villains in One Piece he's just the coolest. Simple as. Cavendish is really cute but the main reason he's one of my favorites, and has a lot of funny moments as well as cool ones, but the main reason he's one of my favorites is because I ended up really liking to play as him in Pirate Warriors 4

3. I really liked Wano and I've been enjoying Egghead, but it does feel like more and more stuff is getting offscreened, which I don't like... but then again, I really REALLY want to get to Elbaf already, so maybe the offscreening is a necessary evil.

And obviously I want Usopp to actually get to do something
Thanks for the answer :)

Aside from wanting Usopp to do something and the offscreening. Is there anything else that you would change to make One Piece a bit better ?

Interesting, those are characters that we do no see often in the polls and yet, very impactfull ones

I’m a woman and I can answer these questions

1. I love One Piece for its world building, lore, devil fruits, and character interactions. My favorite arcs are the more adventure style arcs such as Skypeia. I’m also enjoying Egghead island!

2. My favorite characters are Luffy and Zoro. I love Luffy because he is a ray of sunshine and I love how he utilizes his devil fruit. He’s also the definition of a determinator and a good friend! I love Zoro because he’s the definition of hard work. His loyalty to his captain and crew are also a good example to follow. I like his lack of direction gag. I also love Robin, Franky, Big Mom, Blackbeard, Kuzan, Saul, Vivi, Conis, Ohtohime, and Mihawk!

3. I don’t care for Sanji and Brook’s perverted gags. I also think Oda starts an arc off strong but definitely drags it during the middle while he tries to set up fights. I also think he adds too many characters but doesn’t utilize them all.
Thx for the answer !

when you don't have that, you get things like (don't kill me.) King vs Zoro.
I won't, I understand where you are coming from. You are right, this battle is less thematically impactfull than other ones.

Sorry for the wall of text. It's just, not so simple to answer.
That was a great answer. And I completely agree with your point on this one. Thanks for the wall of text. hehe

Hmmmm this thread is sus af.
We are on the internet on a forum for kids drawings and you ask little girls to out themselves ?
I would close the thread if I was a mod; this is a recipe for disaster...
The FBI is probably already watching...
You missed the part where I mentionned "only women". I don't think you get the demography of the server quite right lol
Your problem is thinking that One Piece is only for kids when the majority of the audience is probably older than 18.

Also, what are you doing on this forum if you think kids will be here ? :choppawhat:

He's the same guy who yaps about the pillars of the crew or what ever. I don't give a shit what he says, he's just a clown.
"Pillar of the crew" ? :shocking: