Speculations 95% Chance Zoro is the Dawn (Toki)

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
@Worona Woro why would oda kill of such a big character in the manga. And why zoro. He never kills off villains and zoro never fights let alone kills luffy's main fights. Who even said that kaido HAS to die? He'll probably accept defeat like how he said to kin and chill in sky island.
All those questions, remember to answer them yourself when ZKK happens.
I am genuinely curious to see how you will explain it. :goyea:

If you haven't already, I suggest you read this thread as well
Anyways, getting right to the Essence. Zoro was called the "Dawn" in Wano. And you probably missed it, that's because it was a pun in both English and Japanese.

Here we have Yasuie referring to Zoro as Young Master “若旦那”. But guess what, it’s also a pun for “Young Dawn/Day”( 若旦) , and the pronunciation “Wakadan/Wakadanna”(若旦/若旦那) can also tongue twist as “Wake of Dawn” in the english language. What’s also interesting is that Yasu spent alot of time with Toki. It's believed he actually took care of them while Oden continued his voyage.

This breeds room as to why he would fail to mention Zoro’s resemblance/lineage, which is strange because Yasu is a Shimotsuki. And as a Daimyo of that time, he knew Ushimaru and fought with him. This arises something else, there’s a possibility he knew more of the prophecy than anyone else.

Chances are Toki already knew Oden would lose to Kaido, and so did Oden. Otherwise, they wouldn't have known Kaido would be falling 20 years later, rather than in their time.

Now, for the Meat!!!

How can/is Toki's prophecy of Dawn fulfilled by Zoro?

Remember Shimotsuki Yasuie not "acknowledging" Zoro despite his uncanny familiarity? And what about Zoro not knowing of his lineage? Either way you look, you will realize that the Moon(Zoro/Yasu) is unaware of the Dawn(Zoro)...

The Moon can also refer to the people of Wano. Ryuma is their God, and most people would know of his appearance due to the nature of the Eternal Graves. Yet, everyone in Wano is unaware of Zoro's uncanny resemblance to him.

So far there are only three plausible theories for Toki's prophecy, and each one ends with Zoro as the dawn:

1. The link at the top. You would see that theory "Luffy/Zoro the Moon and the Dawn" meets the requirements of the prophecy.

2. Either of the Shimotsuki's(Yasuie/Zoro) as fulfilling the role of the Moon. As Yasuie was the sole reason 9 shadows could be casted on that night, and Zoro casting his Asura that night as well.

3. The People/Warriors of Wano as the Moon, who helped cast the 9 shadows on the night woven of 20 years.

The important part of Toki's theory is the fulfillments of the Moon and the recognition of the Dawn. The Moon of the prophecy must have casted 9 shadows in someway, and they must be unaware of something(The Dawn).

I feel like I half-assed this

:josad::josad::josad:

The 9 Shadows of Asura

Not what I asked for. I gave you homework.
An explanation, answers to the questions you asked.
What questions? Get tf outta here with this homework i alr got enough bruh. I just know zkk won't happen that's all
Post automatically merged:

Its funny how no zoro fans are willing to drop OP if ZKK doesnt happen, but if it happens then people are willing to drop One Piece. I can already see which fanbase will get butthurt most IF it happens :usoprice:
Yeah ur right i mean zkk is just a bonus for you zoro fans. If he takes down king and then goes up to the rooftop and kills kaido? Wow what an achievement. All that before he runs out of serum time? Yeah that's crazy oda would definitely do that. Im sorry but if oda does that then congrats to you zoro fans but i won't fuck with it.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
What questions? Get tf outta here with this homework i alr got enough bruh. I just know zkk won't happen that's all
The questions which you asked yourself:

@Worona Woro why would oda kill of such a big character in the manga. And why zoro. He never kills off villains and zoro never fights let alone kills luffy's main fights. Who even said that kaido HAS to die? He'll probably accept defeat like how he said to kin and chill in sky island.
Taking an L and dipping is the cheap way out. I want you to stay and write an essay why Oda did what you didnt want him to do.

Anyways, getting right to the Essence. Zoro was called the "Dawn" in Wano. And you probably missed it, that's because it was a pun in both English and Japanese.

Here we have Yasuie referring to Zoro as Young Master “若旦那”. But guess what, it’s also a pun for “Young Dawn/Day”( 若旦) , and the pronunciation “Wakadan/Wakadanna”(若旦/若旦那) can also tongue twist as “Wake of Dawn” in the english language. What’s also interesting is that Yasu spent alot of time with Toki. It's believed he actually took care of them while Oden continued his voyage.

This breeds room as to why he would fail to mention Zoro’s resemblance/lineage, which is strange because Yasu is a Shimotsuki. And as a Daimyo of that time, he knew Ushimaru and fought with him. This arises something else, there’s a possibility he knew more of the prophecy than anyone else.

Chances are Toki already knew Oden would lose to Kaido, and so did Oden. Otherwise, they wouldn't have known Kaido would be falling 20 years later, rather than in their time.

Now, for the Meat!!!

Remember Shimotsuki Yasuie not "acknowledging" Zoro despite his uncanny familiarity? And what about Zoro not knowing of his lineage? Either way you look, you will realize that the Moon(Zoro/Yasu) is unaware of the Dawn(Zoro)...

The Moon can also refer to the people of Wano. Ryuma is their God, and most people would know of his appearance due to the nature of the Eternal Graves. Yet, everyone in Wano is unaware of Zoro's uncanny resemblance to him.

So far there are only three plausible theories for Toki's prophecy, and each one ends with Zoro as the dawn:

1. The link at the top. You would see that theory "Luffy/Zoro the Moon and the Dawn" meets the requirements of the prophecy.

2. Either of the Shimotsuki's(Yasuie/Zoro) as fulfilling the role of the Moon. As Yasuie was the sole reason 9 shadows could be casted on that night, and Zoro casting his Asura that night as well.

3. The People/Warriors of Wano as the Moon, who helped cast the 9 shadows on the night woven of 20 years.

The important part of Toki's theory is the fulfillments of the Moon and the recognition of the Dawn. The Moon of the prophecy must have casted 9 shadows in someway, and they must be unaware of something(The Dawn).

I like your post, but I wanna mention one thing.
The eternal grave thing was only a custom in Ringo. Not in all of Wano. So much so that Kawamatsu asked Hyori if she even knew what he was talking about when he explained it. So not even all people inside Wano know it exists if Kawamatsu has to ask.
This doesn't discredit your points, I just want to make clear that it's possible that people outside of Ringo don't really visit graves in Ringo because that tradition is only super significant to people inside Ringo.
And also, eternal graves don't have pictures on them do they? Correct me if I misremember. But from what I recall Kawamatsu told us two main things.
1: The people in Ringo get a sword AT BIRTH.
2: When they die, the sword they got at birth is put on their grave.
Because of that, Ringo has a graverobber problem. Once again confirming that this is EXCLUSIVE to Ringo, otherwise other regions would have the same graverobber problems, not just Ringo.

Again, I liked your post in general, just wanted to point out this one thing because the people don't necessarily need to know what Ryuma looked like. Although I agree that there is most likely portraits of him kept safe in Wano somewhere and people are most likely shown pictures of him in history class as children, assuming portraits of Ryuma were kept and renewed over the years.

This would fall in line with how Oda set up post skip.

For example pre skip during the cp9 arc Oda made it an arc centered around Luffy the leader and then the next arc in thriller bark it was about how Moria lost all his nakama and so Oda paralleled that with Luffys crew.

Now I think the same is happening post skip where Oda made WCI an arc about Sanji, Luffy even says he can't be PK without Sanji. That arc even focused on his ability as a cook, him making big mom faint with a cake. Now it's Wano and Oda is going to show Luffys other biggest pillar of support, Zoro. In fact I think it's being hammered down by Oda by him bringing up Zoro and Sanji being the wings of the pk. So if Oda does continue that trend zkk is very likely to happen.

Now, for the Meat!!!

:christindeed::steef::cheers:

Now, for the Meat!!!

Can you quote your source on Wakadan’na ever being used for young dawn? It’s only ever seemingly used for “young gentleman” or “young sir” as a polite way to acknowledge another person.

I like your post, but I wanna mention one thing.
The eternal grave thing was only a custom in Ringo. Not in all of Wano. So much so that Kawamatsu asked Hyori if she even knew what he was talking about when he explained it. So not even all people inside Wano know it exists if Kawamatsu has to ask.
This doesn't discredit your points, I just want to make clear that it's possible that people outside of Ringo don't really visit graves in Ringo because that tradition is only super significant to people inside Ringo.
And also, eternal graves don't have pictures on them do they? Correct me if I misremember. But from what I recall Kawamatsu told us two main things.
1: The people in Ringo get a sword AT BIRTH.
2: When they die, the sword they got at birth is put on their grave.
Because of that, Ringo has a graverobber problem. Once again confirming that this is EXCLUSIVE to Ringo, otherwise other regions would have the same graverobber problems, not just Ringo.

Again, I liked your post in general, just wanted to point out this one thing because the people don't necessarily need to know what Ryuma looked like. Although I agree that there is most likely portraits of him kept safe in Wano somewhere and people are most likely shown pictures of him in history class as children, assuming portraits of Ryuma were kept and renewed over the years.
Okay, I like your argument, I'll do you one better. I'll reinforce my reasons as to why I stated what I did.

1. Yes everyone doesn't visit Ringo. Eternal Graves are a Ringo custom. However, we have two characters who were never situated in Ringo who knows of Ryuma's appearance, Kawamatsu and Hyogoro.

2. Ryuma is their God. His body was only stolen 23 years ago from the graves, it was preserved. So it would be very unlikely for people to not know what he looked like. And like you said, there should be murals and paintings, because Komurasaki, who isn't even the country's god, had paintings and murals.

Adding on, Zoro fought Ryuma's body which had decayed for the past 23 years without Ringo's preservation, and despite that, the corpse was still in relatively good shape, so imagine when it was still in the Eternal Graves. But even if the whole of Wano doesn't know what he looks like, lots of notable people did, The Shimotsuki's, Kawamatsu, Hyogoro, (Izo and O-kiku very likely) etc... The fact that their is record of his appearance is enough that there is some descriptor for ryuma's appearance, whether it be his body 23 years ago or a painting. He is the country's God after all.

Now for your eternal grave questions.

1. Yes, people of Ringo are bestowed Swords at birth.

2. Yes, their Swords act as Grave Markers when they die. However, their body is also buried with these swords. Ryuma's corpse was stolen with his body, and remember Kawamatsu described the preservation of corpses because of the cold.
Post automatically merged:

Can you quote your source on Wakadan’na ever being used for young dawn? It’s only ever seemingly used for “young gentleman” or “young sir” as a polite way to acknowledge another person.
Source?

This is me translating, I am the source.
若= Young
旦 = Day/Morning
若旦 = Wakadan (Wake of Dawn) = Young Morning/Dawn
若旦那 =Wakadana(Wake of Dawn) = Young Master

This is also interesting because this is the only use of this specific honorific so far in Wano, I'll have to reread to make sure, and Zoro's the only referred to as such; by an old-timer who spent time with Toki, and is quite crafty with puns.

You can also ask @Aknolagon or @PuckTheGreat to see if they agree with me.

Last edited: