[FNZ] Role Madness A Song of Ice and Fire: Game of Thrones Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you townread blue so much?
Did he ever lynch any scum or push any scum at all?
Doodsy was actively trying to do what was best for town.
He helped lynch Ratchet.
They claimed purple and I assumed their role was legit since it'd make sense if Grey Worm's Beserk role was an "if Blue's character dies" given the lore.

I was still wanting to look at things further if you read back but then Pot left the vote on and Blue didn't hammer so I thought it was pretty clear.

Pot claimed this.
I guess you was afk for it.
The flip of doctor should had shown pot was lying about it but I guess blue didnt read it properly
I didn't know that lol. Was afk

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Tbf I did "scumread" Pero and Arp and voted for every wagon except my waifubro lol

I'm more of using abilities than threadplay so I *think* it was pretty much NAI my play.

When @Kagurashii said something similar before getting lynched I totally understood her

I would probably townread her if I were Town lol

Now that I am fully awake and kinda caught up on the entire situation, time to throw my few cents.

I want to thank @Grammaton for hosting the game, I really enjoyed playing this one and had alot of fun. I really enjoyed the politics integrated into the game as well and would like that approach to be explored more. I felt the game was overall balanced, I liked that you gave mafia strong fake claims to hinder claiming useless and punish people for relying on it. There is some mistakes that happened here and there, we discussed about it already so no need to repeat things here, I am sure next time those mistakes that happened will be fixed for next game you host ^^

The roles and abilities were really good, I personally really loved my role and it's unfortunate I was killed off early for us to see how crazy things would get. I feel like majority of the indie roles did not get to shine cause they were targeted mainly by mafia. Having everyone notified about the 4 marks and Euron causing havoc and paranoia is something i was looking forward to witness the most.

Everyone played well, I think townie performance was clearly superior as they managed to have almost perfect lynching record. So their win is very well deserved. Mafia did a good job for lasting that long as well. Overall, kudos to everyone who played, ggwp.

Looking forward meeting all of you peeps in the battle field once again. Or who knows if a miracle happens and I decided to finally host my bleach game or my Tower Of God 2.0 which seems more likely at this point since i am heavily invested in ToG right now since it's peak right now, but time shall tell. Until then, peace.

Final Thoughts

I think the game was mostly a success, I'm not going to spend any more time discussing the elephant in the room. There were some actual mistakes made which I would need to do better on if I did host another game, as follows:

- The biggest one is probably not making conventions clearer. This was just an oversight on my part, plain and simple. I've played with the same tight knit bunch of guys for years now, and where we play(ed), we have well-defined rules that were all familiar with. Expecting around 20 or so players unfamiliar with that ruleset was just an error on my part.

- I issued PMs from a previous revision of the game, where the Night King was present. Thankfully this didn't have a major impact, but I had to correct things in a couple of roles midgame, which never feels great (YTW's wolf would check if he were visited by the dead, for example, except the dead were no longer player characters)

- The dead chat thing. Just a botch on my part, I legit forgot about the revive.

- Some general vote count/player list sloppiness

- I underestimated the attrition of a game this size, and would ensure ive got at least 5 reps on standby for a future game.

On the other hand, I'm relatively pleased with how the actual game went, I think it was a difficult but solvable puzzle, mafia and the indies had enough tools and knowledge to thrive, and it took a very good (on the whole) town performance to beat them.

Again I'll reiterate that my biggest priority was that everyone had fun and felt the game was fair. Unfortunately I haven't been able to deliver on that, so a case of doing better next time.

You can decide any accolades among yourselves.

I had to sub out mind giving me a qrd
Pot Goblin was nice and played with town as Dany. She did not go mad and could win with town.

Ratchet and Blue went deep as scum (Ratchet through bussing and fake Sam Tarly claim while he was his father, Blue as fake purple healer Missandei) and almost won this. Blue as Cersei would have won the game but during nightphase where he was left with bulletproof Wakanda and Pot he shot Wakanda. It was a bit controversial though because he posted "Kill Wakanda" immediately followed by "maybe" in the scum chat but his action was processed anyway.

So town and Dany faction +Varys won.

Status
Not open for further replies.