Chapter Discussion About Yamato helping out Luffy vs Kaido

Yamato might have Advanced COC, we don't actually know yet. Kaido did train her, so if it's an ability that can be trained, she had a suitable teacher.

Jack is busy with Inuarashi. I don't really understand where the opinion that he stalls Yamato comes from?
:choppawhat:
Yamato heading straight for the roof is pretty likely. The theory that Jack will face her before that is only becuase some people, like myself, don't see Inu beating Jack and if he loses someone will have to take down the guy so Yamato seems like a possible candidate. Yamato's been itching for a fight, I think it could happen but it won't necessarily occur.

Jack is busy with Inuarashi. I don't really understand where the opinion that he stalls Yamato comes from?
Cmon Cin, Jack and Yamato are childhood friends.
"But but they weren't shown in the flashback". Yes, both Jack and Yamato didn't appear in Oden flashback, apart from 1 panel of Yamato witnessing Oden's execution. Both of them didn't appear. Wonder why? Because they were busy babysitting each other off panel.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
"But but they weren't shown in the flashback". Yes, both Jack and Yamato didn't appear in Oden flashback, apart from 1 panel of Yamato witnessing Oden's execution. Both of them didn't appear. Wonder why? Because they were busy babysitting each other off panel.
Yamato's only friend was Ace. Jack and Yamato being childhood friends is headcanon and a bad one at that.

Yamato heading straight for the roof is pretty likely. The theory that Jack will face her before that is only becuase some people, like myself, don't see Inu beating Jack and if he loses someone will have to take down the guy so Yamato seems like a possible candidate. Yamato's been itching for a fight, I think it could happen but it won't necessarily occur.
By the time Inu loses, Yamato would have long since left the vicinity. Unless Jack low diffs Inu, Jack facing Yamato is unlikely. Yamato heard that Luffy was losing strength and had been facing Kaido in a 1 vs 1, so she was hurrying to reach him.

She's not going to stop to have a fight with Jack unless he somehow blocks her way. Even if that happens, I would expect her to knock him out of the way and continue to the Rooftop rather than take the time to properly defeat him.

Jack has no build up as Yamato's opponent. The only one who does is her father, Kaido.

It's no surprise you'd try to push such an headcannon.

From the moment Yamato was introduced you tried your best to downplay her as best as you could

It's no surprise you'd try to push such an headcannon.

From the moment Yamato was introduced you tried your best to downplay her as best as you could
No, I place her where she actually belongs.

You guys are the crazy ones, some push the whole Yamato > King nonsense, or Yamato 2nd strongest Straw Hat nonsense, and last time our former Zoro High Priest @Cinera even went full mad and claiming Yamato > pre Enma Zoro.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭

You guys are the crazy ones, some push the whole Yamato > King nonsense, or Yamato 2nd strongest Straw Hat nonsense, and last time our former Zoro High Priest @Cinera even went full mad and claiming Yamato > pre Enma Zoro.
I don't think Dressrosa Zoro could beat King/Marco.

I think all out Yamato can. This is not me downplaying Zoro, this is me having high expectations for Yamato.

Look at Kaido's interactions with and perceptions of Yamato:
  • Kaido raised Yamato as his son and to become the next Shogun.
    • Kaido is someone who respects strength above all else.
    • He chides Doflamingo for being too weak
  • He would not make his son Shogun if they were not strong enough.
  • Yamato repeatedly challenged Kaido since childhood and he beat her down every time.
  • Yamato inherited Kaido's absurd durability and strength.
  • Kaido taught Yamato his fighting style.

Yamato's upbringing and Kaido's perception of her suggests that Kaido has a very high opinion of Yamato's strength. I do not place Yamato above King without basis. Kaido himself believes Yamato to be of greater potential/ability than King.

Even without her performance vs Ace, even without her performance vs G3 Luffy, Yamato has reason to be placed at the peak of High Tiers. I may be wrong, perhaps I'm underrating Yamato, but by all indications, Yamato is going to be fighting Kaido and not Jack.

A father vs son confrontation is unlikely to be a low difficulty fight, so I think I'm on the right track.

She gets rated highly for a good reason.

Did well vs Ace and Udon Luffy. She's at minimum YC2, so far only commander+ level characters could handle pre upon G2 and G3 without too much difficulty.

I'm not sure if she's above above King just yet

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Wait until full flashback until you say more headcannons.
Fair enough. Yamato's full flashback would likely be with Kaido though.

Did well vs Ace and Udon Luffy. She's at minimum YC2, so far only commander+ level characters could handle pre upon G2 and G3 without too much difficulty.

This is actually pretty impressive. Yamato easily handled a stronger G3 Luffy than the one Cracker faced. This was while she was only defending whereas Luffy seemed determined to get past her.

All of her feats so far have been performed without the aid of her Devil Fruit. Given her relationship with Kaido, it's plausible she has a Mythical Zoan.

I don't think Dressrosa Zoro could beat King/Marco.

I think all out Yamato can. This is not me downplaying Zoro, this is me having high expectations for Yamato.

Look at Kaido's interactions with and perceptions of Yamato:
  • Kaido raised Yamato as his son and to become the next Shogun.
    • Kaido is someone who respects strength above all else.
    • He chides Doflamingo for being too weak
  • He would not make his son Shogun if they were not strong enough.
  • Yamato repeatedly challenged Kaido since childhood and he beat her down every time.
  • Yamato inherited Kaido's absurd durability and strength.
  • Kaido taught Yamato his fighting style.

Yamato's upbringing and Kaido's perception of her suggests that Kaido has a very high opinion of Yamato's strength. I do not place Yamato above King without basis. Kaido himself believes Yamato to be of greater potential/ability than King.

Even without her performance vs Ace, even without her performance vs G3 Luffy, Yamato has reason to be placed at the peak of High Tiers. I may be wrong, perhaps I'm underrating Yamato, but by all indications, Yamato is going to be fighting Kaido and not Jack.

A father vs son confrontation is unlikely to be a low difficulty fight, so I think I'm on the right track.
"Let's order the Flying Six to capture someone stronger than King"?

P.s.
Whitebeard also tried to make Ace, not Marco the King. But Marco was still stronger than Ace.

Yamato probably has potential to be above King, but currently she is weaker.

A YC2 fights a YC3, wins then proceeds to face Kaido. Sounds good right?
Of course Kaido will kick her ass though.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Whitebeard also tried to make Ace, not Marco the King. But Marco was still stronger than Ace.
I think that if Ace had lived for 2 more years he would be above Marco currently.

Yamato has lived for those 2 more years. I think current Yamato should be considerably stronger than Yamato of of four years ago (and hence Ace).

Yamato probably has potential to be above King, but currently she is weaker.
I had King above Yamato, but that was premised on:
  1. Yamato being the one to defeat Jack
  2. Sanji leaving Wano stronger than Yamato
#1 seems very unlikely to happen, and I no longer think Sanji has to be the 3rd Strongest Strawhat (Jimbe filled that role in Fishman Island, and Law since Punk Hazard), so #2 is out as well.

I'm left with no reason to place Yamato below King.

"Let's order the Flying Six to capture someone stronger than King"?
When Yamato met Tobi Roppo, she oneshot one of them and made another shit his pants just at the hint that she might transform.

I don't really understand using this argument against her; we've already seen how Yamato compares to the Tobi Roppo, and they don't measure up to her.

A YC2 fights a YC3, wins then proceeds to face Kaido. Sounds good right?
Jack is currently fighting Inuarashi now though? I'm not saying Jack can't defeat Inu, but unless he low diffs Inu, how does he intercept Yamato in time? Yamato has prioritised Luffy and she's running to the Rooftop.

It's not that I am opposed to Yamato facing Jack, it's that I don't think it's all that plausible for Yamato to face Jack. Do we even know if Yamato's path to Luffy will intersect Jack's?

Yamato vs Jack isn't just quite contrived, it may end up mechanically impossible. Yamato might well make it to Kaido without ever seeing Jack.

Yamato has lived for those 2 more years. I think current Yamato should be considerably stronger than Yamato of of four years ago (and hence Ace).
I'm not sure. She grew stronger in the recent 2 years.. by masturbating to Oden everyday?

When Yamato met Tobi Roppo, she oneshot one of them and made another shit his pants just at the hint that she might transform.
I was 100% sure about this too. Sasaki sweated as soon as Yamato is teased to transform.
But then someone told me, Sasaki sweating is probably not because of Yamato using her DF, but because he was surpised that the Number suddenly came. I can't provide the panel though.

I don't really understand using this argument against her; we've already seen how Yamato compares to the Tobi Roppo, and they don't measure up to her.
Well against Ulti, iirc she attacked her from behind.
But next time they clashed again briefly without cheapshot, it's not one sided as you think. They clashed with somewhat equal ground with Yamato using her bat and Ulti using her weapon.

Against Sasaki, Yamato didn't show clear upper hand against him neither. She only faced his armored troops (while she also protected 2 deadweights). But the 2 never clashed directly.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I'm not sure. She grew stronger in the recent 2 years.. by masturbating to Oden everyday?
  • Passive growth
  • Training from Kaido
    • He wants to make her the Shogun.
  • She mentioned that Kaido beat her whenever she challenged him, so she may have been fighting him as well.

But then someone told me, Sasaki sweating is probably not because of Yamato using her DF, but because he was surpised that the Number suddenly came. I can't provide the panel though.
That's not true. This is the scene:

The Number hasn't even shown up yet, it's just laughing in the background.

Well against Ulti, iirc she attacked her from behind.
But next time they clashed again briefly without cheapshot, it's not one sided as you think. They clashed with somewhat equal ground with Yamato using her bat and Ulti using her weapon.
I've addressed this:
Ulti attacked Yamato again. Yamato blocked her attacks:

Luffy asked her to help Momonosuke, she continued to chat with Luffy while fending off Ulti:

After that, she left Ulti to meet Momonosuke:

Yamato never actually attacked Ulti the second time.

She was casually chatting with Luffy and having an existential crisis about Momonosuke being her son while she was fending off Ulti. Ulti was so much of a non-threat that Yamato could do this.

Luffy distracted Yamato by requesting that she should protect Momonosuke (she turned around to address him). This lead to Yamato debating whether Momo was actually her son (distracting her further). Ulti couldn't even land a hit on Yamato when she was so distracted. Compare how:
  • Kamazou was able to land a hit on Zoro when he was distracted by Gyukimaru.
  • Hawkins was able to overcome Zoro's guard and land some nails on him.
The gap between Ulti and Yamato is thus much larger than the gap between Kamazou and Zoro or between Hawkins and Zoro.

Claiming that Yamato is Ulti level would be like saying that it's an anti feat for Mihawk that he blocked Crocodile's strike.
Or that Vista is Mihawk level because he traded blows with him.

Against Sasaki, Yamato didn't show clear upper hand against him neither. She only faced his armored troops (while she also protected 2 deadweights). But the 2 never clashed directly.
Sure, but:
  • She terrified him once he saw a hint that she might transform.
  • He was shocked when she defeated the Number:

Base Yamato looked clearly superior to him to me.