General & Others Ace’s Novel : Part 2

Bogard

You can't win
I think we already had a thread about this before back in OJ, so because of this, i already knew some of these informations, though it wasn't as detailed as the one you posted iirc, so i'm assuming you managed to get your hands on the french translation? If so, the french translation of databook, vivrecards and so on are know to have some mistranslations in them(if not, my bad, just ignore it), so i think translating from the original japanese text, or getting a hand of the ones translated by english viz or something could be better

With that said, great effort you made in putting all these pieces together. I still don't consider novels as canon though. Even for the databooks, i only view them as semi-canon. To me the only true canon materials are the manga, SBS and Oda's interviews

Doesn't change the fact i loved Ace's portrayal in this novel though
-Ace hated Roger because he attributed all the suffering he met in his life to Roger. For Him, Roger is the reason why he suffered so much. Therefore he wants to surpass him to erase his legacy. He wanted for people to not call him « the son of Roger » but to call Roger « the father of Ace »
-He never intended to become the PK or to find the One Piece, because for him it would have mean that he just like Roger. No, he wanted to do something different and bigger than being PK
-This what Ace said to Shanks : « The entire world is my enemy. The Shishibukai, the emperors, the celestial dragons...I will beat them all. Once my flames have burn all the summits, I will put my flag on them ».
This particular part made me :steef: Although i was already assuming this judging by Ace's characterization, it's nice to see these novels portraying Ace as someone who wanted to go beyond Pirate king to eclipse even his father :ace:

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Him and roger were never clearly above BM in strength even
WB failed to beat BM in 30+ years, Roger too failed.
It's like people can't distinguish strength and accomplishment/fame. If Roger or anyone for that matter was superior in strength, then he would have more solo victories. He had luck on his side to escape Shiki who Oda puts on a back burner in comparison to the members of the Rocks. The novel even makes it clear that he WB had the most territory and largest crew and number of allies so, it makes sense why he was held in such high regard. He went out of his way to beat other crews but never messed with that of the other Yonko because there is true stalemate. None of them can beat each other because for the most part, if all things are considered, they are equals.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I think we already had a thread about this before back in OJ, so because of this, i already knew some of these informations, though it wasn't as detailed as the one you posted iirc, so i'm assuming you managed to get your hands on the french translation? If so, the french translation of databook, vivrecards and so on are know to have some mistranslations in them(if not, my bad, just ignore it), so i think translating from the original japanese text, or getting a hand of the ones translated by english viz or something could be better

With that said, great effort you made in putting all these pieces together. I still don't consider novels as canon though. Even for the databooks, i only view them as semi-canon. To me the only true canon materials are the manga, SBS and Oda's interviews

Doesn't change the fact i loved Ace's portrayal in this novel though

This particular part made me :steef: Although i was already assuming this judging by Ace's characterization, it's nice to see these novels portraying Ace as someone who wanted to go beyond Pirate king to eclipse even his father :ace:
I will rep my ace tag with pride...

So, can people stop sucking off Newgate. It's clear as crystal that his WSM title and bounty is in large part due to his pirate accomplishments rather than just him being strong.
It's the opposite honestly

Roger's accomplishments as pirate were clearly superior but he was around as strong as Whitebeard

Well, I'll take the info, but not rely on it in debates!

Specially since te canon story already showed info that opposes this novel. With Gorosei being under celestial Dragons,. While the reality is Gorosei are the 5 highest CD. And only Imu is above them

So, although I enjoyed Thatch dissing the Snitch, and implying Shanks is the weakest of the 4 LOL. This novel shouldn't be taken as something to rely on in debates. You just read, and enjoy it

So, can people stop sucking off Newgate. It's clear as crystal that his WSM title and bounty is in large part due to his pirate accomplishments rather than just him being strong.
I see Prime Beard almost equal to rest of Yonko ... but

Whitebeeard hype is too big to break by any time soon ....

only a clear manga fact can break it ... nothing more ....

These are opinions from side character not important enough to be apart of the main story and people are taking those opinion as fact?

These shouldnt be taken as if its back and white. Sengoku stated WB was strong enough to destroy the world and a side character states his strength comes from his pirate accomplishments and the side characters opinion is taken as more of a fact?

Come on

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
These are opinions from side character not important enough to be apart of the main story and people are taking those opinion as fact?

These shouldnt be taken as if its back and white. Sengoku stated WB was strong enough to destroy the world and a side character states his strength comes from his pirate accomplishments and the side characters opinion is taken as more of a fact?

Come on
As if Oda hasn't revealed CANON in side stuff. He has way too many characters and plot points to run through all of them in story. So, yes these should be taken as somewhat reliable otherwise, we should disregard every other thing revealed out of story.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
As if Oda hasn't revealed CANON in side stuff. He has way too many characters and plot points to run through all of them in story. So, yes these should be taken as somewhat reliable otherwise, we should disregard every other thing revealed out of story.
Well he has.
Or are we gonna say sengoku doesnt have coc