Character Discussion Agenda aside, Oda's writing of Mihawk is atrocious

Trolling aside for the moment:

The worst part about Mihawk, and by extension the WSS title, has always been the way nobody besides Zoro is chasing after it.

This has been such a massive let down for me as someone who was on the Mihawk vs Zoro hypetrain.

We got Tashigi in Loguetown and we saw that she wanted to reclaim all the named blades from the pirates of the world. But no WSS dream.

Daz Bones? Nothing. Kaku? Nada. Ohm? Doesn't know/care about the Blue Sea. And on and on the oponents go.

Not a single damn person said "Roronoa, my swordsman's pride doesn't allow me to let you pass through here. I will be the WSS!!!"

Nobody.

Meanwhile you'll hear the One Piece mentioned as a target by top pirates (and Buggy) all the time.

Oda fumbled the importance of the WSS title big time by not having any challengers stand in Zoro's way for 1000+ chapters now.

You cant make this up

Oda got Mihawk fans waiting and saying "wait for THE Mihawk chapter"

then will drop a chapter every 5 years embarssing mihawk

@Boiroy @nik87 @TheAncientCenturion @RayanOO @Gol D. Roger
Oda is just avoiding ZKK fans at this point knowing how crybaby they are. Because when he shows Mihawk not being as strong as Yonko like he was in Marineford, they won't like it, and start crying again. Thats the reason.

Oda's handling of Mihawk is questionable.

But I still don't know how you came to the conclusion that he "embarrasses" him when the last chapter Mihawk appeared in was one of the most hype chapters a character has received in quite a while. Not to mention that Mihawk didn't even do anything this chapter.

It's disappointing because we were expecting the next chapter for Mihawk to appear in to include him fighting, not because he was embarrassed. That's just propaganda spread by a bunch of fools.

Zoro should've trained with either a retired legend or with somebody that was beaten by Mihawk and held a grudge against him.
I think Rayleigh should've been Zoro's mentor over the timeskip while Luffy trains with Garp, who had a change of heart after seeing Ace die and wanted to make sure Luffy was strong enough to protect himself in the NW.

Or it would've been really cool if Zoro somehow trained with Fujitora before he got recruited to the marines.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
Oda's handling of Mihawk is questionable.

But I still don't know how you came to the conclusion that he "embarrasses" him when the last chapter Mihawk appeared in was one of the most hype chapters a character has received in quite a while. Not to mention that Mihawk didn't even do anything this chapter.

It's disappointing because we were expecting the next chapter for Mihawk to appear in to include him fighting, not because he was embarrassed. That's just propaganda spread by a bunch of fools.
the dude was sweating from buggy... and all he said was he wants no stress in life... how is that a king quality ? to not want anything?

Zoro should've trained with either a retired legend or with somebody that was beaten by Mihawk and held a grudge against him.
I am not sure who should have trained him, or maybe sent him into some island to push his mental strength = haki training tjat way but Mibawk, nah. It's like Blackbeard training Luffy to beat him for the finale. Mihawk got the job of Koshiro who trained Zoro in his childhood, to kill him one day.

Was already mid writing

I think Rayleigh should've been Zoro's mentor over the timeskip while Luffy trains with Garp, who had a change of heart after seeing Ace die and wanted to make sure Luffy was strong enough to protect himself in the NW.

Or it would've been really cool if Zoro somehow trained with Fujitora before he got recruited to the marines.
That second scenario sounds awesome ngl

It would've been great to have them meet in Dressrosa as master and student, each surprised about the other's true identity

Though I think Fujitora, before becoming an Admiral, would've still trained Zoro because he would've liked him as a person.