Break Week Akainu is fleet admiral like Sengoku

Would Akainu be the fleet admiral if kizaru wanted to be fleet admiral?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sengoku was the fleet admiral because Garp never wanted it and now with the last chapters it's clear Kizaru is stronger than Akainu and he isn't the fleet admiral because he also didn't want it like Garp.
@EmperorKinyagi @Le Fishe D. Tomdou @MarineHQ @SakazOuki @SakazukiTheFist @TheAncientCenturion @RayanOO
The difference is Garp didn't become an Admiral, Kizaru become an Admiral and accepted the Admiral responsibility. Obviously, Kizaru would also accept the Fleet Admiral responsibility if Akainu or Aokiji wasn't better than him and if they weren't nominated. No one ever said Kizaru declined to be the Fleet Admiral, he wasn't even in the discussion due to 2 better choices, however we've multiple panels Garp refusing to be an Admiral.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Well, the position of Fleet Admiral is not necessarily given to the strongest Marine, but rather to the most qualified individual in various areas, such as military experience, leadership, administrative skills, and the ability to handle paperwork, negotiations, and other aspects of the role. It's not solely based on power. Otherwise, Sengoku during the Marineford War would be considered stronger than the entire C3, which wouldn't be surprising, and Kizaru, while potentially stronger than Akainu in combat, might not excel in other areas.

Honestly, Kizaru honestly seems like a slow pigeon; letting a guy with that mindset lead countless men would be absurd. Lol.

All depends on the Gorosei. If Borsalino is somebody who the Gorosei believe can best represent them, then yes... otherwise no.

Garp was never gonna be FA, since CD wanted him dead, but couldn't kill him.

Kuzan was never a candidate from the World Government pov, he was solely a candidate from Sengoku's recommendation... which didn't mean much. The reason he ended up in a fight with Saka, is because he came out in opposition to the prospect of Akainu becoming FA.

So if Kizaru was like "yo I want to be FA too" it would turn into a 3 way fight.

More interesting question would be.... will Sakazuki revolt against Kizaru being selected by the WG for FA.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
All depends on the Gorosei. If Borsalino is somebody who the Gorosei believe can best represent them, then yes... otherwise no.

Garp was never gonna be FA, since CD wanted him dead, but couldn't kill him.

Kuzan was never a candidate from the World Government pov, he was solely a candidate from Sengoku's recommendation... which didn't mean much. The reason he ended up in a fight with Saka, is because he came out in opposition to the prospect of Akainu becoming FA.

So if Kizaru was like "yo I want to be FA too" it would turn into a 3 way fight.

More interesting question would be.... will Sakazuki revolt against Kizaru being selected by the WG for FA.
I don't see why Sakazuki would revolt over one of his friends being chosen as the Fleet Admiral.

I don't see why Sakazuki would revolt over one of his friends being chosen as the Fleet Admiral.
Yea really just goes to whether Saka has his own "must become FA" ambition or not. Kuzan never really had a chance due to being legit Lazy and Gorosei already showing annoyance of his actions before his intro.

So if Gorosei do find that a Kizaru who's willing to be a leader is more inline with their ideology, then (let's assume here) would Sakazuki just let him take the position that he had been aiming for?

What sort of a relationship do you see happening between the two, under the assumption that FA was a goal for Sakazuki that he had been aiming for?

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Yea really just goes to whether Saka has his own "must become FA" ambition or not. Kuzan never really had a chance due to being legit Lazy and Gorosei already showing annoyance of his actions before his intro.

So if Gorosei do find that a Kizaru who's willing to be a leader is more inline with their ideology, then (let's assume here) would Sakazuki just let him take the position that he had been aiming for?

What sort of a relationship do you see happening between the two, under the assumption that FA was a goal for Sakazuki that he had been aiming for?
we really have no idea how strongly Sakazuki desired it.

I think it was mentioned the WG wanted him, but I don't believe there was any particular mention of it being something he strongly desired.

If Kizaru did become Fleet Admiral, I think Akainu would benefit from it. I have a feeling Kizaru would let him handle quite a few things, and listen to him. Akainu would be able to take action more too.

It is true that Kizaru most likely doesn't want to be the fleet admiral but at the same time the hierarchy should still stay the same: Akainu strongest, Aokiji a tiny bit under it and Kizaru another tiny bit under Aokiji/them. But for sure they are all really close powerwise.

Only two names were considered for fleet admiral. Akainu and Aokiji. Kizaru was not even in the recommendation list. Btb, why do you think that Sengoku became fleetadmiral because Garp rejected admiral position? do you have any evidence that if Garp didn't reject being admiral/fleet admiral, Garp would have become fleet admiral instead of Sengoku?

More interesting question would be.... will Sakazuki revolt against Kizaru being selected by the WG for FA
I think he would, in that scenario Borsalino would just back down as he’s not that interested in the position
The reason being Kizaru’s pacifist approach and lack of personal drive. Akainu’s hatred for evil runs deep, I think he’d try anything at his disposal to establish a solid marine operation that actually poses a threat to pirates rather than an idle organization that only does the bare minimum to keep the world balance in check.

Last edited: