Character Discussion Akainu Sigma Appreciation Thread

Great thread man, I wish Kizaru had comparable showing. Never liked Aokiji much, glad he is not part of the main cast.

Tbh the admirals are pretty good characters but Oda has not wanked them as much as some Yonkos.

Great thread man, I wish Kizaru had comparable showing. Never liked Aokiji much, glad he is not part of the main cast.

Tbh the admirals are pretty good characters but Oda has not wanked them as much as some Yonkos.
They are no oda's self insert in the admiral group so they don't get overwanked which is still a win because Oda's self insert are abyss fiction. Look at the yonkou for example, longest saga in the manga and nobody like them except for agenda purpose while admirals with little to no screen time are clear of those bums and at least in the top 20 of the best op characters:endthis:

@SakazOuki that's what I'm talking about bro

Sakazuki a character whom even Oda publicly stated he'd cherish, dude is the absolute terminator of OP nobody can come across him and leave without ptsd or dying

I used to say it a lot before, I still do but Akainu is a professional psychologist he'd brainwash you into thinking he's your daddy :myman:

dude don't play

and look even after all of these feats in MF, a week later he made Teach and his goons run like a crowd of pigeons, after that he fought a force of nature and left a island permanently fucked for life

since Whitebeard the strongest pirate wasn't even enough for Sakazuki he needed to duke it out with Kiji for 10 days to stay satisfied that straight masculine alpha energy

Dude got the main character scarred for life, Luffy was deadass suicidal at that point his will to live got dismantled, no character has ever done this shit

Sakazuki a straight terminator, that tattoo on his torso also displays how much of a Alpha he is

They are no oda's self insert in the admiral group so they don't get overwanked which is still a win because Oda's self insert are abyss fiction. Look at the yonkou for example, longest saga in the manga and nobody like them except for agenda purpose while admirals with little to no screen time are clear of those bums and at least in the top 20 of the best op characters:endthis:
I like Kaido, I think Oda could have done a little more with his backstory and not rushed the Wano ending and he would have been great. BM was a clown, Shanks and BB can maybe rehype the Yonkos, but that Amazon part did not look good for BB.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Akainu is such a scary character to face. Oda handed him such a devastating ability that he escapes his own story's censorship. You're not leaving a confrontation against Akainu conscious/in one piece, it's simply not possible. His ability by design, operates that way, you can't separate brutality from the character. Even swordsman as lethal as they are have the option to adjust their strikes, Akainu fundamentally erupts every time he attacks with boiling hot magma, maiming everyone in the process. He was never my favourite character or anything but the more this series goes on the more I appreciate him, he is the exception to this series' softness.

Oda almost purposefully cornered himself by creating him. Even if he wants to protect characters, he didn't give himself that choice by creating Akainu. He is the answer to one of Oda's worst habits. Definitely one of his finest works.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Akainu is such a scary character to face. Oda handed him such a devastating ability that he escapes his own stories censorship. You're not leaving a confrontation against Akainu conscious/in one piece, it's simply not possible. His ability by design, operates that way, you can't separate brutality from the character. Even swordsman as lethal as they are have the option to adjust their strikes, Akainu fundamentally erupts every time he attacks with boiling hot magma, maiming everyone in the process. He was never my favourite character or anything but the more this series goes on the more I appreciate him, he is the exception to this series softness.

Oda almost purposefully cornered himself by creating him. Even if he wants to protect characters, he didn't give himself that choice by creating Akainu. He is the answer to one of Oda's worst habits. Definitely one of his finest works.
The thing i fear is when Luffy fights Akainu, Oda would write him taking dozens of blows given how Oda writes Luffy fights with his plot endurance and that would be a pathetic sight to watch.

If the maker of that meme could actually read they'd know that this is what the Scabbards looked like after fighting Kaidou

Post automatically merged:

The thing i fear is when Luffy fights Akainu, Oda would write him taking dozens of blows given how Oda writes Luffy fights with his plot endurance and that would be a pathetic sight to watch.
Luffy probably won't fight Akainu, I feel that it's clear that he's way past Admiral level by now. It's time for him to fight the big boys, like Blackbeard and Shanks. I suspect Sabo will fight and defeat Akainu but, Sabo would have to be considerably stronger than he was at Dressrosa.