Chapter Discussion All problems of 1037

2. Luffy destroyed Boa's sisters CoA defense without Haki.
3. No excuse. Luffy was always a super tank. But in the rooftop there was this need make others chars have their moments.
4. There is a thread explaining this. It's G2+G3.
5. It's the same.
6. ...
7. Since it's G2+G3, the kick was super fast = invisible for readers so we understand that it was super fast.
8. It's probably that they are talking about Law's or Kid's fruits, which "just" awakened.

I can't agree with point number 1. The drunken fighting style has always been an ultimate fighting style in a lot of eastern fictions. why not one piece?
Because he didnt use it against Zori so Zorobois got triggered.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Kaido's being drunk = being nerfed. Everybody who is drunk thinks to be stronger than it really is
Go watch Drunken Master 1 & 2, Drunken Tai chi, Shaolin Temple, Once upon a time in china or any good martial arts movie. Drunken style is the ultimate fighting technique but I like how you are tryna add real life logic to a cartoon where we have a sword twerking to a Shamisen

Kaido's haki > Luffy's haki. Yet Luffy is matching Kaido's attack in every clash that is not a headbutt.
Luffy never said Kaido's haki is greater than his. He said Kaido's haki is growing just like Luffy's haki blooms in the heat of battle
Luffy tanking Kaidos attacks. What is the excuse here? No so far ago he went down after receiving 2 hits from him(1001 and 1009).
Luffy didn't have adcoc then
Luffy's ACoC named attacks. Why is Oda calling it Roc? Roc used to be ACoA back at 1000. Isn't he using ACoC now? Should have a different name. Or he is combining both and ACoC will be nameless with no-touching effect?
Are you serious now??? If Luffy use Jet punch and coat it with adcoc, it is still a Jet Punch
Luffy and Kaido gattling clash. Luffy is visibly using ACoC no touching Kaido but Kaido actually touched Luffy. What is happening?
adcoc attack can also touch, luffy used adcoc Jet Culverine and it clearly touched Kaido.
Kaido smashing Luffy making the floor to fall but Luffy somehow didn't. Really?
Kaido used Bagua and Luffy didn't use any named attack and Kaido is still a level above Luffy
Luffy's G3 Kick but then changed to normal size. Huh???
Luffy always revert back to normal after every g3 attack.

He did use ACoA with G4

its why G4 damaged kaido on the rooftop much more than it did in act 1
To me seems he didn't damage. Or do you think Kid's smashing/throwing Kaido ant Law's stones are hurting him too?

To me makes sense Luffy not being able to use ACoA with G4 for a couple of reasons.

1. G4 is already using basic armament all over his body so he can't use both basic armament with advanced armament. Two types of the same haki.
  2. Luffy is only using ACoA against Kaido at 1000. This kind of imply he can't use as he will since he is spamming G4 and still have drawback from it. So Luffy fighting on rooftop is basically using one attack of ACoA and then going G4 until he can use ACoA again. So he is using Red Roc and then Red Hawk which Kaido dodged implying he also has FS and knew only ACoA attacks would really hurt him but not G4 attacks.
But now with all those Roc attacks it seem Luffy no longer has issue with ACoA. And the way he changed from Snakeman to Base when he was with Momonosuke to help Yamato kind of imply he has no restriction with G4 too but not sure.

1. Kaido's being drunk = being nerfed. Everybody who is drunk thinks to be stronger than it really is
  2. Kaido's haki > Luffy's haki. Yet Luffy is matching Kaido's attack in every clash that is not a headbutt.
  3. Luffy tanking Kaidos attacks. What is the excuse here? No so far ago he went down after receiving 2 hits from him(1001 and 1009).
  4. Luffy's ACoC named attacks. Why is Oda calling it Roc? Roc used to be ACoA back at 1000. Isn't he using ACoC now? Should have a different name. Or he is combining both and ACoC will be nameless with no-touching effect?
  5. Luffy and Kaido gattling clash. Luffy is visibly using ACoC no touching Kaido but Kaido actually touched Luffy. What is happening?
  6. Kaido smashing Luffy making the floor to fall but Luffy somehow didn't. Really?
  7. Luffy's G3 Kick but then changed to normal size. Huh???
  8. Gorosei scared by a certain DF but not doing much about it at least until now. I think only Kaido's DF would be justify for them not acting. But if turns out to be Luffy's or Blackbeard's DF things will get ugly.
1. The only thing I can say about drunken martial arts is that it's a pretty classic, unavoidable reference in shonen. You might as well ask why the protagonist specializes in melee combat. It's almost impressive that Oda has resisted using it for this long.

2. Oda hasn't directly stated this but I've always assumed that transmitting Haki to a weapon is more difficult or at least not the same as using Haki in general. I mean we see stuff like Rayleigh clashing with Kizaru and not exploding his light sword.

3. CoC provides his defense. Look at the moment he figures it out, look at the block that opens Kaido up in this chapter. The "crude usage" that Kaido laughed about was probably making a dumb mistake like not guarding and getting slept.

4. Why can't Luffy call it whatever the hell he wants? He once said 300 just because 216 was a mouthful.

5. Huh?

6. When does Luffy ground him? Are you asking why the floor only shakes when people are knocked into it instead of being hit above it?

7. That's a great idea that people would absolutely use if they had the ability to shrink. Or use the ability to snap like rubber.

8. That's not a problem of this chapter.

1. Kaido's being drunk = being nerfed. Everybody who is drunk thinks to be stronger than it really is
  2. Kaido's haki > Luffy's haki. Yet Luffy is matching Kaido's attack in every clash that is not a headbutt.
  3. Luffy tanking Kaidos attacks. What is the excuse here? No so far ago he went down after receiving 2 hits from him(1001 and 1009).
  4. Luffy's ACoC named attacks. Why is Oda calling it Roc? Roc used to be ACoA back at 1000. Isn't he using ACoC now? Should have a different name. Or he is combining both and ACoC will be nameless with no-touching effect?
  5. Luffy and Kaido gattling clash. Luffy is visibly using ACoC no touching Kaido but Kaido actually touched Luffy. What is happening?
  6. Kaido smashing Luffy making the floor to fall but Luffy somehow didn't. Really?
  7. Luffy's G3 Kick but then changed to normal size. Huh???
  8. Gorosei scared by a certain DF but not doing much about it at least until now. I think only Kaido's DF would be justify for them not acting. But if turns out to be Luffy's or Blackbeard's DF things will get ugly.
1. Nah. Being drunk/Drunken Fist is a power up trope that appears in a lot of series. Drunk Kaido is definitely buffed compared to his normal state.

2. Yeah I’m not really sure what’s going on here. Even if we assume Luffy’s haki is close-ish to Kaido’s, the gap in physicals should be so large that even a small gap in haki creates a big difference.

3. It’s obviously Luffy’s Color of Plot coating. That stuff is literally unbreakable.

4. Eh, yeah. It is a little weird. Like is a Roc Gun still an ACOA attack or does it use ACOC now?

5. Standard Oda fight choreography inconsistency tbh.

6. Lol.

7. The Roc Gun in 1000 had the same effect. I think it’ll get clarified by the anime but I’m guessing that Luffy might be decompressing the rubber (letting the air out) really fast to generate heat and hit harder (idk I’m guessing).

8. Well it seems to almost be implied that the Gorosei didn’t know about the fruit until very recently.

1. The only thing I can say about drunken martial arts is that it's a pretty classic, unavoidable reference in shonen. You might as well ask why the protagonist specializes in melee combat. It's almost impressive that Oda has resisted using it for this long.

2. Oda hasn't directly stated this but I've always assumed that transmitting Haki to a weapon is more difficult or at least not the same as using Haki in general. I mean we see stuff like Rayleigh clashing with Kizaru and not exploding his light sword.

3. CoC provides his defense. Look at the moment he figures it out, look at the block that opens Kaido up in this chapter. The "crude usage" that Kaido laughed about was probably making a dumb mistake like not guarding and getting slept.

4. Why can't Luffy call it whatever the hell he wants? He once said 300 just because 216 was a mouthful.

5. Huh?

6. When does Luffy ground him? Are you asking why the floor only shakes when people are knocked into it instead of being hit above it?

7. That's a great idea that people would absolutely use if they had the ability to shrink. Or use the ability to snap like rubber.

8. That's not a problem of this chapter.
2. Oda literally wrote Luffy saying Kaido's haki is greater because of their headbutt clash. Didn't understood your statement. I'm a Zoro Deep Fan and I don't think using haki on weapons/barrier weapons are harder than inside your body. Just think it's a different application. No reason for Luffy not learning(since he never showed) after 2 weeks trainning and everybody on Amazon Lilly having it.

3. CoC doesn't provides his defense. He always had CoC at Wano and used to go down after few attacks. And if you are talking about ACoC, what is the difference between their last 1v1? He should be out already by the hits he took.

4. Luffy can call whatever he wants but Oda has a pattern holy shit. G2 attacks are jet(Snakeman has some too). G3 used to be Giant but after timeskip every attack has a special name(Elephant Gun, Grizzly idk, Thor etc). G4 also have special names only. With ACoA it seems Oda is using Roc. Just want to understand that.

5. Is not difficult to understand. Just watch the panels we see the no-touching haki hitting Kaido but we see Kaido's club hitting Luffy.

6. Kaido's hit Luffy with his drunken attack which made the floor fall inside the castle(Kaido even stated he is breaking his own castle) but Luffy himself didn't fell because somehow the ground under Luffy didn't breaked/fell.

7. WTF? How is that great idea? Luffy was about to use a giant kick to hit Kaido but shrink to a small one to do less damage?

8. It may be a problem. It may not.

As far as I’m concerned Top Tier means “can’t get low diffed by anyone.”
Who is saying anything about low diffing?

2. Luffy destroyed Boa's sisters CoA defense without Haki.
3. No excuse. Luffy was always a super tank. But in the rooftop there was this need make others chars have their moments.
4. There is a thread explaining this. It's G2+G3.
5. It's the same.
6. ...
7. Since it's G2+G3, the kick was super fast = invisible for readers so we understand that it was super fast.
8. It's probably that they are talking about Law's or Kid's fruits, which "just" awakened.

Because he didnt use it against Zori so Zorobois got triggered.
2. Okay, this is a good point. But why Kaido win the headbutt clash and not the others?

3. Luffy was always super tank until Wano. He got one-shotted by Kaido. Two-shotted by Apoo. He again got knocked out twice by Kaido. Is not a problem if Luffy is super tank or not. At least for Kaido it doesn't take many blows to knock him out. And now Oda is pretending Kaido is overpowered by being drunk and hit Luffy fully yet that hit made less damage than chapter 1001 Thunder Bagua or Ragnarok attack that knocked out Luffy at 1009.

4. G2 + G3 doesn't explain what I'm saying. Roc is about using ACoA.

5. Doesn't seem the same. Seems Luffy attacked Kaido with ACoC and Kaido didn't.

6. ??

7. Would make sense if Oda simply didn't draw tha "shadow" of Luffy's foot near Kaido. We can see that is tiny.

8. How would they already know about their DF awakening? We didn't saw anyone telling the CP-0 about it and how they would know it is awakening and not just normal abilities?

Go watch Drunken Master 1 & 2, Drunken Tai chi, Shaolin Temple, Once upon a time in china or any good martial arts movie. Drunken style is the ultimate fighting technique but I like how you are tryna add real life logic to a cartoon where we have a sword twerking to a Shamisen

Luffy never said Kaido's haki is greater than his. He said Kaido's haki is growing just like Luffy's haki blooms in the heat of battle

Luffy didn't have adcoc then

Are you serious now??? If Luffy use Jet punch and coat it with adcoc, it is still a Jet Punch

adcoc attack can also touch, luffy used adcoc Jet Culverine and it clearly touched Kaido.

Kaido used Bagua and Luffy didn't use any named attack and Kaido is still a level above Luffy

Luffy always revert back to normal after every g3 attack.
I don't like Enma plot too. That thing with Shamisen was terrible. But the thing is even at cartoon it need to have the minimal connection with reality. So that argument about real life doesn't fit at manga is not a valid one.

Maybe my translation is different but Luffy clearly says Kaido's haki is stronger.

Luffy had ACoC in his last 1v1 with Kaido. And didn't took long for him to go down.

I'm just asking to understand the name of his attacks. Okay Oda is not giving different names to ACoC attacks.

Yeah, I went back to see that panel and it seems it touched. But no, ACoC is clearly not touching. So Luffy simply didn't used ACoC in that Jet Culverin. That's why is important to understand if ACoC will have different name on attacks.

I'm not from named attack gang. Relax.

The problem was Luffy reverting to normal when landing that G3 attack. It seems he went G3 but attacked him with regular foot size.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_boxing

What do you say about this? Do you Dare to say that thousands years of eastern cultures are bad writing? @Herrera95
Yes, I say that without problem. Drunken Boxing is bullshit and not work in real life. Like I said to the other guy fictions need to have the minimal of reality.

Yes, kaido even said that they weren't relying on guts alone to win
tact and slam gibson are just that strong

that being said they obviously aren't as strong as advanced haki attacks
I'm not saying Takt and Slam Gibson are not strong. Just that anything that is not blade, ACoA and ACoC is not affecting Kaido. That's how Oda wrote him initially. Unless if you agree Oda retconned him, no way those attacks are hurting him.

Law's "haki" stone and Slam Gibson > G4 Early Wano Luffy? No way.

1. Nah. Being drunk/Drunken Fist is a power up trope that appears in a lot of series. Drunk Kaido is definitely buffed compared to his normal state.

2. Yeah I’m not really sure what’s going on here. Even if we assume Luffy’s haki is close-ish to Kaido’s, the gap in physicals should be so large that even a small gap in haki creates a big difference.

3. It’s obviously Luffy’s Color of Plot coating. That stuff is literally unbreakable.

4. Eh, yeah. It is a little weird. Like is a Roc Gun still an ACOA attack or does it use ACOC now?

5. Standard Oda fight choreography inconsistency tbh.

6. Lol.

7. The Roc Gun in 1000 had the same effect. I think it’ll get clarified by the anime but I’m guessing that Luffy might be decompressing the rubber (letting the air out) really fast to generate heat and hit harder (idk I’m guessing).

8. Well it seems to almost be implied that the Gorosei didn’t know about the fruit until very recently.
1. You can argue that he is stronger but overall battle capability... He seems to be weaker since he is not 100% fighting but having internal mental issues.

2. That is not the problem. But why that difference only shows up when they clash headbutts?

3. Agreed.

4. I'm guessing Roc is still ACoA but every attack with no-touching effect will be ACoC. So for brawlers any attack without no-touching effect will not be ACoC attack.

5. Maybe foreshadowing narrative of drunken Kaido being actually weaker because sometimes he forgot to coat conqueror?

6. Why nobody noticed this?

7. I don't have that impression about Red Roc on 1000 since we can't see Luffy's hand near Kaido.

8. To me seems one of the Gorosei knows but the other doesn't. And I already have a theory about all of them being "immortal" by Law's DF. But each of them became immortal in different time. The one who knows is older and the other who doesn't is younger.

Capoeira isn't good in a street fight, and there is no "realism" behind sword in mouth combat.
Wash your hands before talking about Capoeira.

There is realism behind sword in mouth combat once you are strong enough to actually make damage that way.

Real life sword on mouth makes no sense because we aren't that strong to wield sword with our lips/teeths. But that is not the case for Zoro.