All-Purpose Pokémon Thread

Why Is Lumiose City Undergoing Redevelopment?

• The Pokémon equivalent of the Industrial Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The sewers were overflowing with tons of Zygarde Slime (new Key Item)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ev and iv training is just not the same in the new 3d format. I tried to and I got bored quick
You can use vitamins to fully max out EV's starting from Sword and Shield. And in Scarlet and Violet, hyper training can be done at level 50. Not 100.

Plus in S/V Bottle Caps are now purchasable. So while Pokerus is gone, they've actually made it considerably easier than it's ever been!

People should learn the hard way. It happens in showdowns a lot. Many new players forget to divide their EVs properly and get swept.
I do troll sets tho. Special Machamp, Special Gyarados, Physical Gengar\Alakazm. Many malded getting negged by troll sets.
LMAO my man! :myman:

Hypertraining ,SV Caps ,Choice specs to much for the casual player like me
You wouldn't have hated the older gens, but you'd have hated how hilariously complicated it was to have a "perfect specimen" with the very maximum stats. And forget about shiny variants.

I can remember my Scizor in Platinum with 386 attack, over 13 years later, just because of the effort it took

You wouldn't have hated the older gens, but you'd have hated how hilariously complicated it was to have a "perfect specimen" with the very maximum stats.
Before Black and White 2 it was outright not worth it without RNG manipulation :suresure:
And forget about shiny variants.
Also this. You were lucky to get even 1 shiny during the games lifetime without resorting to RNG abuse or Pokeradar shenanigans. @DarkestKnightofSpoilers

How could you make sweet Meowscarada cry? :'(
Post automatically merged:

also I had my own Meowscarada sweep Nemona's entire team back in the final battle (ace academy tournament) so Alquis should be ashamed of himself for not winning 🤭
Post automatically merged:

the closest I came to my Meowscarada losing was a fucking wild Lokix (lv 60) of all pokemon since it used First Impression, which I didn't know at the time could trigger before Protean leaving my kitten with 10 HP remaining. I hate that POS pokemon even though I wear a helmet based off it XD

Last edited:

Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to probably the worst Mass Outbreak in this whole game. Which is actually kind of fitting given it's notorious history of this type of bs.

The lowest encounter rate among all the outbreaks in the game only rivaled by Basculin White Stripe.

And before you ask about eating a sandwich to boost water type outbreaks let me warn you now, you're not just dealing with the odds of getting a certain type of outbreak but Feebas's notoriously low spawn rate. Even with the date and time exploit, get ready to spend probably close to your whole day if not more.

Like if I gotta be real, you are probably better off Masudaing this guy. That should tell you had bad this was.

But it's over :finally:

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco

Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to probably the worst Mass Outbreak in this whole game. Which is actually kind of fitting given it's notorious history of this type of bs.

The lowest encounter rate among all the outbreaks in the game only rivaled by Basculin White Stripe.

And before you ask about eating a sandwich to boost water type outbreaks let me warn you now, you're not just dealing with the odds of getting a certain type of outbreak but Feebas's notoriously low spawn rate. Even with the date and time exploit, get ready to spend probably close to your whole day if not more.

Like if I gotta be real, you are probably better off Masudaing this guy. That should tell you had bad this was.

Well done fella
:pepemwai:

Holy guacamoley! This is hard as heck dude. Well done.

Bepo D. Bear

Well-Known Bear

Good job :yearight:

Just think of Shiny Milotic, it was worth the hard work :blush:

Why tf is Critical Hit rate in Pokemon BW/BW2 65%+ for the AI?!?!?!? 🤬🤬🤬 Been playing Black for about 135 hrs the past few weeks (actually playing Gen V for the first time ever) and I almost always get nearly one shot everytime I'm forced to take a hit even with a 30-35 lv gap

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/s/Ah0Nwy09lN

I already hated Garchomp dating back to 2009 (they continue to screw me over in every game they showed up except PLA since I had Ursaluna) but none screwed me over than Cynthia'a Garchomp in Undella

I had a Lv 77 Eelektross set up with 4x Coil yet her Lv 77 Garchomp was able to oneshot me with Dragon Rush at FULL HP (when it previously did just 25% dmg with 3x Coil). Was able to beat it with Samurott later on but man it had me really salty for a good 2-3 hrs. And don't get me started on its flinch rate w/ Dragon Rush

@Jew D. Boy @Mr. Reloaded
can anyone explain to me how this is even possible?

--------------------------------------

And why is confusion so fucking broken in Gen V as well? I literally had 10 straight turns of my Eelektross doing dmg to itself without being able to land an attack once (5 from Whimsicott and 5 from Lilligant in Nimbasa) with ofc several revives. In Scarlet I have 0 issues going thru confusion self dmg but in BW from testing it out it feels like the AI has max RNG and I legit haven't been able to land a single attack with confusion inflicted 😡

Speaking of crits and dragon rush, two things I miss: big ass attacks with >10% acc corrections and focus energy Kingdra.

I freaking mourn Charizard X. My "three sword" Charizard had hone claws, dragon rush, iron tail, and flame charge

I still try to find a good user for those moves now but what a damned good set that