Announcement Another Loss In Our Community

In the past, I wrote a headcanon on Zoro vs Mihawk which I am really proud. Emily really loved it, and made a great analysis almost two years ago.

Here is the fanfiction + her comments (in bold). Enjoy :)

On Laughtale island, Mihawk patiently waits on what looks like a throne and Zoro appears.

Before the fight, Zoro has quick flashbacks from his perspective of Luffy rescuing him, his first loss against Mihawk, his friendship with the crew, his rivals, moments with Tashigi, and closing with his promise to Kuina.

Beforehand, we are also told that Mihawk inherited that title by defeating Rayleigh with barely any wound making the challenge of defeating the WSS the greatest it has ever been.

Their clash begins and its as intense as a Yonku clash. The battle is absolutely destructive in nature and literally shaking the nature and chaotic environment of Laughtale island itself.

Zoro armed with Nidai Kitetsu, Wado Ichimonji, and a fully blacked Enma are able to match the Intensity of Yoru.

However, Mihawk's experience and observation Haki are able to see through Marimo's every moves.

Zoro's youth and endurance are pretty much what keeps him in this battle. Despite growing exponentially stronger, Mihawk is still the superior swordsman. Both have COC but Mihawk's mastery of Ryou is unmatched maybe by Shanks himself.

Mihawk is a perfectly oiled machine. He is not only powerful but extremely precise and waste no movement.

Zoro is still able to injure Mihawk which is a miracle feat in itself but he is running out of breath and his armament Haki covering his body can no longer take that much damage.

Zoro throws everything in one last technique that is a combination Sanzen Sekai and Ashura with his most powerful Conqueror, and armament Ryou Haki. That new move seemingly lands but Mihawk was able to read it just in time so that it was not a fatal wound.

Mihawk lands his most powerful attack and a devastating blow on Zoro who is barely standing.

By sheer will, Zoro stands up again and again and takes literally the biggest beating of his life since Kuina. Mihawk is amazed by his determination.

Seemingly defeated Zoro remembers what his childhood friend said " Carrying two real swords is heavy and your brute strength is not enough". Koshiro told Zoro ever since he came here, Kuina has trained even more because she did not want to be defeated by him. Little by little, she was able to break the barriers swordwomen faced. Zoro has an epiphany.... Kuina's dream was never an illusion . He recalls what Mihawk told him that a sword without grace and skill is useless. This is how she was able to defeat him all this time against physically stronger adults. If she can do it then I can !

Zoro remembers what Tashigi told him "that sword Wado Ichimonji she is really happy with you ! She tells you to keep going no matter what and she will always be with you !" Zoro is now in complete harmony with Wado Ichimonji and turns it permanently black ( he doesn't have the strength or the need to carry the other two katanas}.

He goes back into battle. Somehow, Wado Ichimonji also helps him see glimpses of the future and predict the WSS' moves.

Zoro and Mihawk are now completely even.

He is able to deal precise hits and is transcending Mihawk in every categories.

Both fighters are at their limits, the next attack will be their last. They throw everything into one last move.

Somehow someway, Zoro emerges victorious with a move reminiscent of Shi Shi Sonson and Tashigi's Kiri Shigure.

Mihawk defeated on the ground smiling simply mutters " Splendid" .

Zoro falls on the ground and the skies clearing as if the heavens were looking at him. Zoro in tears brands his sword to the sky and screams with what strength he has left " Kuina ! I did it ! I have fulfilled our promise ! I have become the greatest swordsman ! You heard it too Luffy ! Now defeat Blackbeard and become the Pirate King !

Narrator says " Thus was the battle of the greatest swordsman, a story that started with a girl and a boy that will live on forever"

One Piece will be on break next week.

That was beautiful.

Mihawk sitting on a throne is great. I always liked the dichotomy between the two most; Zoro the ruffian wanderer, and Mihawk the regal.

Zoro's final struggle taking him back to his roots is also genius. Zoro's always been a bulldog of a fighter. I think Brook described him and Ryuma as power types, so he would naturally struggle against Mihawk even after growing so much stronger. Mihawk isn't just strong, but precise and technical. He'd treat Zoro like a matador treats their bull. Kudos for playing up on that.

Wado Ichimonji means the path to harmony. Zoro can't have become the world strongest swordsman without becoming one with it. We saw glimpses of that during his fight with Daz Bones, but I don't think he's tapped into that level of enlightenment since. We might see it again during this Yonko battle where he's striving to blacken Enma. Each sword Zoro wields comes with a will, and Zoro has to realize it to the fullest that it becomes second nature.

I think when he used Hiryu Kaen against Kaido, that was when he and his blade were most in harmony. Zoro came close to blackening Enma then, but tired himself out and then lost some focus. He currently seems unsure of himself in the latest chapter and his attacks aren't working anymore. He'll have to overcome it.

Wado Ichimonji involves his promise to Kuina to be the best swordsman ever. A sword and its wielder must become an extensions of each other. Zoro has to understand what it means to wield one. That's part of the lesson on why Kuina, a girl, could become the world strongest had she lived. Mihawk says that a sword without grace is just a iron bar. I think it's deeper than that. I think he and Yoru are connected on a spiritual level.

That's part of the reason why so few have black blades. It's not just enough that you have a ton of haki and strength. You and your swords must be one. The sword can't just be a tool you so easily discard. It's why it was deemed so important Shusui in particular return to Ryuma's grave. Shusui and Ryuma became one.

This harmony stems from the swords possibly being sentient to a degree. Tashigi describes them as crying during Logue Town, Zoro speaks to Sandai Kitetsu like it has an attitude problem, and Enma forcefully takes haki.

At least that's how I see it.

I'm curious, do you think Mihawk will join Blackbeard?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Hello, members of Worstgen, we bring you to this thread in order to make known the death of one of our members. Most of you are already aware of this but to those who don't, @KiriNigiri has recently passed away unexpectedly. Here is the post from her sister to inform us of this tragedy:

Rest in Peace, KiriNigiri .
I still miss her.