Theory Another timeskip is on the way...?

I think the whole Sabo (and Vivi) captured thing is to build up a Marijoa/rescue arc. We have also Coby bringing Boa, plus there is stuff like Green bull, SSG but also Dragon (and maybe Weevil) who need to appear asap on panel and then Kuma and Bonney too (to respect how in each in the new world so far we had at least a supernova show up somewhat). Also this recalls a lot what Oda was doing with the Ace adventure pre time skip. All the points will be linked in this arc. And imo it will be the next (Sabo and co need to be saved now), maybe Elbaf comes after this one.

Last edited:
I think the whole Sabo (and Vivi) captured thing is to build up a Marijoa/rescue arc. We have also Coby bringing Boa, plus there is stuff like Green bull, SSG but also Dragon (and maybe Weevil) who need to appear asap on panel. Also this recalls a lot what Oda was doing with Ace adventure pre time skip. All the points will be linked in this arc. And imo it will be the next (Sabo and co need to be saved now), maybe Elbaf comes after this one.
Could be! With all the other parallels post-timeskip it could definitely happen. My worry is that another similar rescue arc would feel too much like going through the motions again. But I trust that Oda would do a really good job either way.

Could be! With all the other parallels post-timeskip it could definitely happen. My worry is that another similar rescue arc would feel too much like going through the motions again. But I trust that Oda would do a really good job either way.
I agree it is a little weird since it would recall a lot Marineford war in many ways, too many maybe. The point could be that pre time skip Luffy failed at saving his brother so this is his occasion to "redeem" himself (also Sabo too has to totally redeem himself because he totally forget about his brothers due to his amnesia and so did nothing while Ace was dying). For me there is even a chance of a Sabo vs Akainu at the end of the arc.

This would have been possible if Oda didnt make each arc 2 plus years long, but instead he did so we're at the point where gotta wrap up the show within next couple years

So I dont see a time skip coming

I don`t see another long timeskip coming.
Your paralell to these arc would tell if there was a second timeskip coming, it would be before the red line.

Yeah, I think there could be a training arc like Davy back fight. To see how much the Strawhats have grown.
A death could be coming, but it would not be who anyone believes.

I don`t see another long timeskip coming.
Your paralell to these arc would tell if there was a second timeskip coming, it would be before the red line.

Yeah, I think there could be a training arc like Davy back fight. To see how much the Strawhats have grown.
A death could be coming, but it would not be who anyone believes.
I'm open to all interpretations! While a long timeskip may not be on the table, I could see something shorter happening myself. Fun to think about, at least :yasu: