General & Others Anyone who uses a sword is a swordsman. Yes, including Big Mom and Kizaru.

The notion he used a lesser fighting style vs ray doesnt fit the manga though clown as ive stated. Considering he was raging after that doesnt suggest he had another superior way of fighting tucked away. The best fighting style is the best fighting style. Luffys not gonna pick a sword in a hard fought battle and zoros not suddenly gonna start brawling.
If Kizaru is equally skilled using his light in brawling as in swordsmanship, then yes, he can have "two best fighting styles". And since we haven't seen him in a 1 vs 1 apart from Rayleigh and you can't really refute this possibility yet you're doing so with no proper basis, then you're an ad ignorantiam reasoner.

On the other hand, Luffy didn't use Gear Fourth from the start against Doflamingo nor the latter used awakening at the beginning of it. Fights don't usually start all out, so not even there you can be sure of how Kizaru would have developed his style as the battle went on. Not assuring anything on my part, just suggesting possibilities.

By the way, you can think big of yourself acting all cocky and insulting others who disagree with you, but in the eyes of someone who isn't fifteen years old anymore you simply look like a violent bully who doesn't know how to communicate as a grown man. Take that as an advice, if you're mature enough to make something out of it.

(Another time we'll discuss your assumption about "Kizaru being pushed" by an old man who was constantly shown in a defensive position and was panting and complaining about his age after a few clashes even though top tier battles last for days).

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Zoro didn't think Cabaji was a swordsman....Zoro thought Daz Bones was a swordsman....both men had to correct Zoro.

To Cabaji, Zoro said he wont lose to anyone who CALLS THEMSELVES a swordsman....people can use any other abilities they want but if they use a sword and call themselves a swordsman, then they swordsmen.

People like BM and Kizaru may not be swordsmen despite using a sword. Fujitora and Shanks are swordsmen.

Tbh i dont know if the logia trio would be considered as actual swordsmen
Like weve seen akoji and kizaru both make swords out of there weapons and akainu likely could too.

But idk
Akainu was a swordsman in his youth.
Which beats the premise of the thread, Akainu is now a brawler and he was at his best when he fisted Ace and melted W.b face off.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
If Kizaru is equally skilled using his light in brawling as in swordsmanship, then yes, he can have "two best fighting styles". And since we haven't seen him in a 1 vs 1 apart from Rayleigh and you can't really refute this possibility yet you're doing so with no proper basis, then you're an ad ignorantiam reasoner.

On the other hand, Luffy didn't use Gear Fourth from the start against Doflamingo nor the latter used awakening at the beginning of it. Fights don't usually start all out, so not even there you can be sure of how Kizaru would have developed his style as the battle went on. Not assuring anything on my part, just suggesting possibilities.

By the way, you can think big of yourself acting all cocky and insulting others who disagree with you, but in the eyes of someone who isn't fifteen years old anymore you simply look like a violent bully who doesn't know how to communicate as a grown man. Take that as an advice, if you're mature enough to make something out of it.

(Another time we'll discuss your assumption about "Kizaru being pushed" by an old man who was constantly shown in a defensive position and was panting and complaining about his age after a few clashes even though top tier battles last for days).
Got any answer to why kizaru was raging after the fight if he held back ? Even in a defensive position hes the only person to damage kizaru so far.
Lmfao when zoros admiral fight is non swordsman kizaru and kizaru goes toe to toe with zoros swordsmanship then youll be the first one i come to.

Last edited by a moderator:

HA001

Akainu was a swordsman in his youth.
Which beats the premise of the thread, Akainu is now a brawler and he was at his best when he fisted Ace and melted W.b face off.
No all admirals are trained in swordsmanship to a point. Only kizaru has used it in actual combat to a high level.

Got any answer to why kizaru was raging after the fight if he held back ? Or you just gonna bitch from your high horse ?
Even in a defensive position hes the only person to damage kizaru so far.
Lmfao when zoros admiral fight is non swordsman kizaru and kizaru goes toe to toe with zoros swordsmanship then youll be the first one i come to.
But you understand that I'm not assuring he held back, right? Again, do you even understand what I'm proposing here? Can you write it in your next answer?

And if Zoro's admiral fight is Kizaru then nothing of what I wrote would change because he'd be the same as Rayleigh. Something I shouldn't be explaining to you if you understood my position.

Seriously dude, you keep counter-argumenting things I'm not even defending. What are you misunderstanding, exactly? Please, post what you believe I'm saying.

Aokiji also used an Ice Sword against SHs , like Kizaru he isn't a Swordsman . Kizaru also only has used his Sword once against Rayleigh

Sure Rayleigh was challenging unlike pre TS SHs but against other challenging opponents ( Whitebeard and Marco ) he didn't use Ama No Murakumo . in any other action ( for ex attacking Law's submarine ) he didn't try to make a slash from Ama No Murakumo either

So overall Kizaru doesn't look like a Swordsman to me . a serious long fight against another top tier (example other Logia Admirals Aokiji and Akainu ) will really help to clear up whether he is a Swordsman or not

but i just doubt he'll use Sword against an Awakened Aokiji or Awakened Akainu . i guess Kizaru just wanted to avoid Rayleigh making any long range lethal slash so he decided to stop it by going in a close Swords clash with him

and maybe Oda wanted to highlight an Admiral's versatility .

HA001

Aokiji also used an Ice Sword against SHs , like Kizaru he isn't a Swordsman . Kizaru also only has used his Sword once against Rayleigh

Sure Rayleigh was challenging unlike pre TS SHs but against other challenging opponents ( Whitebeard and Marco ) he didn't use Ama No Murakumo . in any other action ( for ex attacking Law's submarine ) he didn't try to make a slash from Ama No Murakumo either

So overall Kizaru doesn't look like a Swordsman to me . a serious long fight against another top tier (example other Logia Admirals Aokiji and Akainu ) will really help to clear up whether he is a Swordsman or not

but i just doubt he'll use Sword against an Awakened Aokiji or Awakened Akainu . i guess Kizaru just wanted to avoid Rayleigh making any long range lethal slash so he decided to stop it by going in a close Swords clash with him

and maybe Oda wanted to highlight an Admiral's versatility .
Would akainu use a magma sword in that situation ? I very much doubt it.

Anyway why didnt Kizaru use his swordsmanship to fight Marco, whitebeard or Luffy?
He choose to use kicks, lazers because he a versatile fighter.

The same can be said for Linlin. She is too much of a versatile fighter to label her as a swordsman when no one hype her for her swordsmanship but instead for her weather ability and her insane strenght/durability
Also Zeus and Prometheus were her first two main homies while Napoleon came later back in the SbS.

Take away a swordsman weapon like Zoro and he is weak.
Take away Napoleon, Linlin will still thunderclap or burn you.
Kizaru will just kick or strike you with lasers.
the assumption you are operating under is that being a swordsman and having any other fighting style is mutually exclusive. it isn't.

Kaku knew rokushiki. I think Cabaji had some sort of firebreathing technique or something else that didn't involve a sword. Also, zoro knows no sword style as well as having extremely good CoA and physical strength.

by the time that Zoro is top tier, like Kizaru and big mom, he'd probably be able to stomp mid tiers without a sword as well. Especially if he has internal destruction CoA

about Kuzan, if he's actually good at using it, like big mom and kizaru, then yes, I'd consider him a swordsman. But I really haven't seen him use it enough.

but unlike Big Mom and Kizaru, we've never seen how Kuzan's sword measures up to top tiers.
At the same time i feel like the question in of itself is important
All the admirals are probably pretty skilled in swordsmanship so should exactly how good they are define if they're a swordsman or not?

the assumption you are operating under is that being a swordsman and having any other fighting style is mutually exclusive. it isn't.

Kaku knew rokushiki. I think Cabaji had some sort of firebreathing technique or something else that didn't involve a sword. Also, zoro knows no sword style as well as having extremely good CoA and physical strength.

by the time that Zoro is top tier, like Kizaru and big mom, he'd probably be able to stomp mid tiers without a sword as well. Especially if he has internal destruction CoA
Kaku called himself a swordsman and used his Rokushiki alongside his swordsmanship. He also the best at using Rankyaku which is the skill to make air blades.
Same with Cabji, he called himself a swordsman but he use tricks along with his swordsmanship. Such as breathing fire, using spinning tops and daggers to get an edge in a fight.

And I doubt that Zoro will go bare handed to fight people. Zoro will always use his swords to fight.

Look at Sanji for example, he was trained in Swords at young age, if not for his code, he would be capable of using Swords occasionally in some fights, would that make him Swordman nw? No since his Leg fighting style is the descritpion of him.

Luffy always uses fists, Zoro swords n Sanji legs.
So if Kizaru uses a sword once, not against even opponents like Marco n WB, it simply could be argued Oda showed his versatility with swords, and that all Admirals are trained with it. Same for Kuzan, he used a sword against pre ts Zoro, does that make him Swordman, NO.
Most Top Tiers are versatile fighters, they are capable of using swords fists as the fight requires em to be, i wouldn't be surprised if they can weild more weapons(since theybare trained for all situations and each type of opponent they need be face), its just to overall become stronger, not to become Stronger Swordman, that's the real difference fans need to understand btwn swordman n not swordmans. Someone like Vista, Zoro or Mihawk wouldn't learn skills that don't help em with anything but swordmanship, because they want to become better Swordman, can you say the same for Kizaru? Absolutely not. Same for Kuzan or even BM.

At the end of the day, swordman are those that carry swords all the time, and are mostly dependent on it, fight to hone theit swordmanship and take pride in it. And also calls emself swordman.

Aokiji is a swordsman too. obviously. so is Luffy. he touched a sword once.
see how dumb this is?

the strongest individual (presumely) that Kizaru ever confronted 1v1 was WB. there he only used his DF.
come to think of it. the entire time in MF Kizaru not once used a sword. not vs Marco, not vs WB, vs no one.

99% of swordsman with her sword alone?
same as you can better at basketball then 99%, but be even better as a football player. being good at something does not determine what you are. its the way you act that does.
BM switches fighting styles arround depending on situation. a swordsman almost exclusively picks the sword.
WB did the same thing. he fought strong opponents with his bisento and on other occasions he switched to gura punches. even though he is also able to channel the gura powers through his weapon.
any time WB was enraged he used the gura and not the bisento in MF. he only switch to the bisento vs BB when his gura powers did not work. and after 1 hit of the bisento he switched right back to the gura. vs Akainu he threw his weapon away and fought him with his bare hands/df. not much of a bisento ningen, huh.

Ultimately, anyone who uses a sword is a swordsman. The reason for this is simple, it is the basic definition of the word.
by that definition anyone who swings a sword like a baseball bat is also a swordsman. anyone who grabs the blade and hits with the pommel is a swordsman too.
just earlier you acted like its a matter of how strong you are with swordsmanship. now by this definition skill/strength has no bearing on it anymore. you contradict yourself.

swordsmen are those who almost exclusively fight with their swords. wether they channel haki through it or their devil fruit powers makes no difference. the deciding factor is which is their undisputed weapon of choice. if its the swords, then they are swordsmen.
if its not, they then are not. as simple as that.

bonus:
ah, I could spin this even further.
are you a dial ningen if your strongest attack is with a dial?
are you an ancient weapon ningen cause your strongest attack is with an ancient weapon?
a seastone man?
I kid.
Oda can, at any time, confirm a character to be a swordsman. he has not done so for BM, Kizaru or Aokiji, but for Fuji and Law.
its not that it is impossible. right now though, I am convinced neither Kizaru nor BM are swordsmen by Odas standards.

Last edited:
J

Jo_Ndule

about Kuzan, if he's actually good at using it, like big mom and kizaru, then yes, I'd consider him a swordsman. But I really haven't seen him use it enough.

but unlike Big Mom and Kizaru, we've never seen how Kuzan's sword measures up to top tiers.
Your logic sucks

It's not about measuring up to top tiers

That's not how you conclude someone's fighting style.

Thankfully all of these are just your wishes despite proven wrong

Only Shanks Fuji are swordmen among emperors and admirals

J

Jo_Ndule

Yes to Big Mom. Maybe to Kizaru.

You're a swordsman if you use a sword as your primary style of fighting. We don't know Kizaru would fight 1 v. 1 against non-swordsmen. Although, I had a theory that before he got his DF, Kizaru was a swordsman.

Kizaru is very skilled with his blade so at the very least he WAS a swordsman.

Napoleon isn't BM primary fighting style.
Try again.