Versus Battle Aot ending compared to other shonen

Outta some of the ones you listed AoT takes the cake fairly easily. Naruto and Bleach had horrible endings. Fairy Tail even worse with characters like Makarov coming back from death several times without an explanation and a final fight that was straight outta DBZ’s Movie 8 lmao.

AoT fumbled a bit at the finish line but these other Shonen were already quite a mess before ending out on a trainwreck. In Fairy Fail’s case it took elements it was already struggling with mid-way like friendship BS to another level. One doesn’t need to say more than “Erza and the meteor” lmao, that was garbage tier.
Post automatically merged:

Iirc he did reveal that he tried to end it at certain points due to his “declining health“ or something like that but didn’t want to end it prematurely and continued pushing.

There’s also this:
Hopefully the anime fixes all that.
Bleach even gets better with the novels that imo really should have been part of the manga. I consider CFYOW the true ending of Bleach. And Naruto's ending wasn't bad, just the Kauguya arc was. This is if Naruto and Sasuke fought and Sauske won, killed Kakashi, and then completed his plan. Naruto doesn't become Hokage. The end.

J

Jo_Ndule

Never bothered watching this anime or reading it
Felt like it was always overrated.

Black clover is the other one overrated.

About Kimetsu,I enjoyed Some episodes a bit but yeah im not into it

At least jujustu seems promising and interesting give it a try but I also haven't watched/read it yet.

AoT overrated alongside Tokyo Ghoul
Not my type of things to watch

Iirc he did reveal that he tried to end it at certain points due to his “declining health“ or something like that but didn’t want to end it prematurely and continued pushing.

There’s also this:
Hopefully the anime fixes all that.
I would not get my hopes up for an animation studio to do anything original that fixes anything.

These days you can give a popular, high quality manga to an animation studio, where the only thing they have to do in order to have an instant hit is to not fuck up at animating and yet they still fail miserably (prime example is Kingdom).

When animation studios cannot even animate properly, there is little hope of them doing anything original. Lol.

H

Haoshoku

I would not get my hopes up for an animation studio to do anything original that fixes anything.

These days you can give a popular, high quality manga to an animation studio, where the only thing they have to do in order to have an instant hit is to not fuck up at animating and yet they still fail miserably (prime example is Kingdom).

When animation studios cannot even animate properly, there is little hope of them doing anything original. Lol.
Well there’s good reason to be optimistic.
Firstly, they will have had 2 years of preproduction by the expected time its about come out (sometime next year). So animation is definitely not an issue.
Secondly they have a lot of content they could add in tbh, a flashback to the original war (Yhwach/Prime Yama), the Novels and what not. With regards to the ending, the final fight in particular could very well be extended in fact it should cause there was no final fight to be found in the manga. Also Kubo has straight been ignoring questions regarding Ichigo’s True Bankai in the anime which could indicate that we could see it in extended action. All this coupled with the fact that the Final Arc was actually supposed to be even longer than it was with a lot of what Kubo originally planned never coming to fruition in the actual manga. So there is just boatloads of content that can be added in and most of all they ain’t pressed for time so they can just milk it.

I’m not optimistic to the point where I’m holding my breath but I do expect some improvement. With it not being a strict adaptation we could get enough added content/changes that could fix some of the major issues. Like if they show a flashback to the original war wherein they expound upon Yhwach as a character that alone would be a notable improvement over the bits and pieces we got with him in the manga.

Imo NNT was good until the Demon King shows himself. After that the story become so ridiculous. Demon King is like a wannabe or something lol, so humiliating. He has no charisma, he has no reason or purpose, he has no strength to back it up and like each good guy took turns beating him and bullying him in the series of the final battle lol he changed form and everything but that doesnt mean a thing lel

Just wait until you read Wano lol, I can’t see any villain being worse than Kaido.
nah you disrespecting Kaido hard. Having the certified virgin of the group propose in the heat of the battle to 3rd best girl, then when accepted having that same girl rock the daylights out of you might be the biggest L I have ever seen in manga.

Pretty much if this was Kaido, the Strawhats are fighting Kaido, Usopp proposes to Nami, she accepts it then floors Kaido.

Twas that bad.

On topic though, there's way too much. You really don't know how many endings were terrible for manga until you actually go over them:
  • Naruto- Worst final 200 chapters tbh, constant power escalation, constant goal changing, constant longer than necessary flashbacks, etc. It genuinely made me mad how a series I adored as my favorite back in middle school became a "meh"
  • Bleach- At the time when it was released, I'd say it was the worst as its own. Too many unresolved plot points, too many unanswered questions, and many other things that just didn't happen. HOWEVER, the Can't Fear Your Own World as well as We Do kNot Always Love You really made the ending become a lot better, to the point where Bleach jumped back up in my favorite series.
  • Nanatsu no Taizai- Just constant bland writing since the Mael reveal mixed in with garbage character moments. Escanor's death was preventable and a spit on the character, Demon King was the biggest joke for a final villain, and biggest of all...Arthur is now a reality warping god and can possess the power to destroy the wor- OH MY LOOK A MEAN CAT! BAM BOOM BAM series ends. K mate. Might read the sequel, idk.
  • Fairy Tail- What were people expecting? Lmao. It's Fairy Tail.
  • Yu Yu Hakusho- It's like Togashi was on his death bed writing these chapters. it ends completely random to the story flow and goes out like a whimper. Shame, since YYH is a really great series. he seems to be taking his time on HxH....his sweet, sweet time on HxH though....
  • The Promised Neverland- Such a shitty last act, and a shittier anime adaptation. Better to leave as if this series never existed
  • Kimetsu no Yaiba- Last chapter felt so weird & random, didn't seem like an actual final chapter to be honest. Not to mention the Muzan fight went longer than needed to, and felt boring compared to the other Upper Moon fights.
  • Akame ga Kill- Same with Fairy Tail, what would you expect from this series lol
  • Magi/Toriko- I'm counting both because dear god these series final 200 chapters were so HYPE. I LOVED Magnostadt to the Sacred Palace fights as well as Four Beast Arc to the insane planetary fight with Neo Acacia, but then....both series just stopped, Toriko comes in with White Oni and one-shots Acacia/Midora dies/series ends with Toriko banging Rin and going on adventures with Komatsu. Meanwhile I forgot how David lost in Magi and I just reread the series a month ago, such a forgettable final showdown with David.
  • The recent victim, Attack on Titan- ehhhhhhhhh there were some REALLY bad moments (Ymir in love with King Fritz is absolutely disgusting) but it doesn't take away my enjoyment of the series tbh. It was a great ride that just missed the landing IMO.
There are some other ones I'm missing, I heard Noblesse, Food Wars, & Domestic Girlfriend were all dogshit tier, and I would advice anyone from reading Vagabond unless if they're prepared for the series to just end randomly with no official ending.

Think it's fair to say that after AoT ending, no manga is safe. Not One Piece, not Kingdom, not Jujutsu Kaisen, etc. and I can already see other series like Black Clover and My Hero Academia ending bad. in my opinion, the only series I managed to be blown away by the ending was Code Geass & Fullmetal Alchemist, which is pretty sad, but tis the life of a manga fan.

Last edited:
Yeah okay
The discussion is over
Aot is undeniably the worst ending in history
Just go and take a look at the extra pages Iseyama decided to add
AoT is the worst ending.
I can't believe how Isayama destroyed the whole purpose of the entire plot with a few more panels and context. I mean, Eren could as well be cut outta the story and it wouldn't change anything about the ending...
When NnT was ending, I though no one could surpass it in terms of beeing trash but hell... the AoT ending making the NnT ending looking like a masterpiece, a character like Meliodas looking far better then Eren...
If someone would tell me something like this years ago I would laugh my ass off, now I seeing the brutal realilty where the mangaka destroy his manga so much that it downfall from beeing masterpiece into trash... We compare FMA and HxH with this trash, it not come even close anymore to the other two because oof this shitty ending who making the whole story pointless...

As Sentinel pointed it out, you could cut of Eren the maincharacter of the list and nothing would change storywise.
It is really bad and awful, I think this ending going be stay for the next years as the worst ending ever, I doubt anyone can top it...

Is this guy that worst? I have seen few episodes of NNT but Meliodas is not that bad except for being pervert.....
Yeah but compare Mel with the previous Eren, Eren was goodwrite badass character, mel isn´t bad but was not great like Eren.
Now everything who was build up for Eren was for nothing, whole character building for nothing. He goes in the history of the Maincharacters as the worst/poor...

I agree the end was lame, but Eren carried us way higher than Naruto
How Bro, Naruto take everything what he want from the first episode, he save Sasuke, lead a entire alliance, shine as a monster,became like Jesus, get his goal to became Hokage, get two beautiful childrens and a top waifu.
What Eren take so far? Without Eren the story would end in same way, with can´t say for Naruto.
Eren lose his girl, lose his goal, couldn´t get any of his own goal...
Dude was crying out because he didn´t want a another men taking Mikasa, poor guy don´t know that Jean fuck his girl from behind...
Sry before the ending I would agree with you, but not anymore...

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
How Bro, Naruto take everything what he want from the first episode, he save Sasuke, lead a entire alliance, shine as a monster,became like Jesus, get his goal to became Hokage, get two beautiful childrens and a top waifu.
What Eren take so far? Without Eren the story would end in same way, with can´t say for Naruto.
Eren lose his girl, lose his goal, couldn´t get any of his own goal...
Dude was crying out because he didn´t want a another men taking Mikasa, poor guy don´t know that Jean fuck his girl from behind...
Sry before the ending I would agree with you, but not anymore...
I didn’t say Eren wasn’t a disappointment in the end but along the way he put us higher than Naruto ever carried us.

Naruto except some tiny moments in the beginning was a bore and a nightmare all the time and Shippuden is barely watcheable because of him.

Naruto can have a golden .... he is still a nightmare MC. All those Jesus like, even his ship with Hinata, he can become Hokage all he wants it is still a lame personal story.

Eren best moments > Naruto best moments.
What Eren delivered for most parts of the story > what Naruto delivered for most parts of the story

Because the end was not good at all doesn’t mean we have to forget everything that happened before and everything that we liked before

easily naruto.

naruto literally ruined the entire point of its story when they turned a story that was initially about ninjas into one about japanese wizards having interdimensional kaiju battles

The thing about AoT is that most people only have a point of contention with the last chapter, which I don't think is so bad that it ruins the entire series. At the very least its not as bad as fumbling an entire arc and having various shitty subplots like naruto did.

And honestly I feel like the hate of the ending is a little bit overblown. I think a lot of people are upset because they don't really get eren's character or the purpose of eren's character. Ultimately, Eren was a villain. He did everything he did not because he thought it would actually bring world peace but because he hated the world and wanted to destroy it. He says it plainly in the last chapter, he tells armin he would have done the rumbling even if he didn't know armin and mikasa would have stopped him.

Honestly the only thing that doesn't make a lot of sense in the ending is the Ymir/Mikasa thing.