Character Discussion Appreciation thread for Jack

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Comparing Jack to Perospero is laughable, even more so if your only argument is they were both defeated by the Mink dukes who are equal in strength.

Jack was severely injured by the 200 Sulong Minks and the Dukes. Both the dukes barely survived Kaido nearly beating them to death. First Aid and Zoan Regen isn't bringing them back to 50% let alone full strength.

Perospero coasted through the entire war and the only damage he took was from 2 minks, who would've killed him if the Moon was up for longer and from Queen by accident.

Jack and the Dukes were severely nerfed unlike Perospero.

Comparing Jack to Perospero is laughable, even more so if your only argument is they were both defeated by the Mink dukes who are equal in strength.

Jack was severely injured by the 200 Sulong Minks and the Dukes. Both the dukes barely survived Kaido nearly beating them to death. First Aid and Zoan Regen isn't bringing them back to 50% let alone full strength.

Perospero coasted through the entire war and the only damage he took was from 2 minks, who would've killed him if the Moon was up for longer and from Queen by accident.

Jack and the Dukes were severely nerfed unlike Perospero.
The comparison between Jack and Perospero that I think Oda was trying to do was not about power level like some people think, but it was about these two characters being main antagonists for the Minks.

Jack was responsible for attacking Zou and almost killing the entire Mink tribe and in the eyes of Carrot and the others, Perospero is indirectly responsible for the death of Pedro.

Ignoring the whole thing with Jack and Inu, despite Neko being nerfed he still managed to rest for a little while and his injures was also healed after the Kaido fight.

Perospero on the other hand who was also nerfed never got the chance to rest for a bit or have his injures healed, no matter what you say the fact that Perospero was actually able to put down and almost defeat base Neko is impressive especially for someone who is not even a commander level.

Also when it comes to the whole Perospero vs Sulong Carrot and Wanda fight, at this point I'm just going to wait for the anime to see how that fight played out.

People like you and others I've seen keep having different opinions on how that fight went down but as we know that fight was off screened, so imo I think it's best to wait for the anime when it comes to the Perospero vs Sulong Carrot and Wanda fight.

Inu defeated Jack with around a mid-high difficulty degree but the dukes are overrated. Jack didn't strike like someone who underwent full recovery so in reality placing any duke past YC3 level is just flat out wrong.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
The comparison between Jack and Perospero that I think Oda was trying to do was not about power level like some people think, but it was about these two characters being main antagonists for the Minks.

Jack was responsible for attacking Zou and almost killing the entire Mink tribe and in the eyes of Carrot and the others, Perospero is indirectly responsible for the death of Pedro.
Agreed. It was a narrative choice to bring Perospero up (even if I think the reasoning behind Carrot and Wanda's issues with Perospero was retarded) and not a powerscaling decision.

Ignoring the whole thing with Jack and Inu, despite Neko being nerfed he still managed to rest for a little while and his injures was also healed after the Kaido fight.

Perospero on the other hand who was also nerfed never got the chance to rest for a bit or have his injures healed, no matter what you say the fact that Perospero was actually able to put down and almost defeat base Neko is impressive especially for someone who is not even a commander level.
I disagree about Perospero tbh. He was nerfed but he wasn't nerfed like how Neko, Inu and Jack were to me. And unless there's some hax healing like the Mink medicine or Marco's flames being used on them, there's no reason to assume they got anything more than first aid and emergency treatment. We saw how Kinemon was in chapter 1000 post the Kaido fight and I think that is pretty much the state of all the scabbards after the Kaido fight.

I agree with you that Perospero has showed what he's capable of. Infact, I scale him as the strongest non-Commander in the Beast Pirates and the Big Mom Pirates combined based off of this. I have no issues with that being used to scale or hype up Perospero. But when people ignore the blatant facts and use a narrative decision to downplay Jack, in a Jack appreciation thread nonetheless, well that is what I addressed in that post.

Also when it comes to the whole Perospero vs Sulong Carrot and Wanda fight, at this point I'm just going to wait for the anime to see how that fight played out.

People like you and others I've seen keep having different opinions on how that fight went down but as we know that fight was off screened, so imo I think it's best to wait for the anime when it comes to the Perospero vs Sulong Carrot and Wanda fight.
I'm not really a fan of using the anime to scale but I agree that in the Wano arc specifically the anime seems to have more content and is obviously working with Oda with everything. I still think that Perospero spelling out what would've happened if the moon stayed out for longer is enough to scale him below Jack.

Appreciation thread for Jack

Yes, I know... Jack the L, Lack, Jack the Drought of attacks, Jack the Drag-Down...

BUT I have made this appreciation thread to end all the teasing and to show that Jack is the commander that all Yonko would like to have in their ranks!

Let's recap...

- Jack invaded Zou in order to find Raizo. In that fierce battle he battled against a whole nation of minks.

- All the Beast Pirates were defeated by the minks, but Jack was the only one standing, even after 5 days of unstopped battle! This shows that Jack has an incredible endurance and determination!

- Jack is not just a brute without a brain. On the fifth day of battle, he used the poison gas in order to finish the job, showing that he is not prideful and he just wants to accomplish the objective of the mission assigned by Kaido!

- Then he was informed that Doflamingo was defeated and capturated by the Marines. Again, showing his high intellect he decided to leave the minks to die by the poison gas, he knew that Doflamingo was a key ally to the Beast Pirates, to help Kaido become the Pirate King! The minks only survived because the StrawHats arrived at Zou!

- He found the Marines ships who were moving Doflamingo to Impel Down. Even though he was outnumbered 4 to 1, he showed his incredible navigation skills by sinking two of the four ships despite the fact that a former Fleet Admiral, an Admiral and a legendary Vice-Admiral were protecting the ships!

- Obviously, he was defeated but he survived against those legendary Marines, not a lot of people could say the same! He only had some minor injuries!

- Without a rest, he rushed Zou again to ensure that the Mink Tribe was wiped out. Showing his high IQ again, he decided to just kill Zunesha! OFC, he was unlucky and Momo ordered Zunesha to attack him. We need to remember that Zunesha's height is over 35 km!!! JACK SURVIVED TO THE STRONGEST ATTACK IN THE VERSE!!!

- The raid starts, as stated by King, Jack does not hesitate to go help Kaido. Showing again how reliable Jack is!

- Then he defeats and entire army of mink again, this time they used Sulong form but Jack was victorius again!

- Jack is defeated by Inu and Neko in Sulong form, it's highly probable that they cheated!!! But Kaido saves Jack showing that the pirate who only respects the strong also respects Jack, he was personally handpicked by Kaido!

- Finally, Jack tries to find the injured Scabbards but it's stopped by a healed Inu (cheating again) and only loses to Inu because he was unlucky with the clouds!

Final thoughts:

- Jack has an immensive endurance
- Jack is a walking tank
- Jack has a high IQ
- Jack is a good boy!
- Jack is just unlucky

"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure."
"If you can't have faith in what is held up to you for faith, you must find things to believe in yourself, for a life without faith in something is too narrow a space to live."
- George E. Woodberry

Jack might not be over, he still can show Zoan awakening!

*Ashura vs Jack never happened
*Yes, I wasted time again doing this thread and drawing in Paint the Jack Cope emote
Jack was Kaido brightest hope I think, the man he would have given the reins of the crew when his days were over. And probably, he was the kind of son Kaido desired and was denied to have.

Btw your Jack copium artwork made with paint is fuking amazing.

Honestly I don't have any problem how Jack was defeated. It was actually pretty cool, the whole set up with the clouds being cover and then Luffy and Kaido split the sky giving Inu and Neko one last chance to go into Sulong form and delivering the final blow.

However, my disappointment with Jack is because we didn't really saw much of him in action, not a single name attack or special move, despite him having a quite a bit of screen time.

The reason Perospero wasn't disappointing is because we saw a lot of his skills in action, like using candy to paralyzed or suffocate his opponents, creating a wall of candy or armor to protect himself, using his candy cane to fight, creating a sea slug to move around the sea or land, creating arrows, axes or even an iron maiden to attack his enemies.

In the case of Jack we saw the bare minimum of his skills in action, and that his the reason why he was disappointing.

Oda just rushed his defeat and skipped the fight. I’m honestly fine with that since it’s for plot reasons tho I understand how it was underwhelming after his set up back in Zou.
True, but even the one or so pages we spent on Hawkins and Rukurojugo could go to Jack. At least showing him defeating Dogstorm. All of Jacks feats are genuinely "Trust me, it was so badass your eyes would have melted so i can't show you."

According to Kaido,
Doffy is weak
Jack is strong

but with how Oda handled both characters, how he off-screened Jack many times, no named attacks, while basicaly dragging and milking the shit out of Dressrosa and the fall of Doffy… he looks way more monsterous…

so the context of the manga says Jack is superior, but what we actually saw is Doffy is superior.
Mmm the manga never said Doffy is weaker, Kaido said he lost since he was weak. 2 different scenarios.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly I don't have any problem how Jack was defeated. It was actually pretty cool, the whole set up with the clouds being cover and then Luffy and Kaido split the sky giving Inu and Neko one last chance to go into Sulong form and delivering the final blow.

However, my disappointment with Jack is because we didn't really saw much of him in action, not a single name attack or special move, despite him having a quite a bit of screen time.

The reason Perospero wasn't disappointing is because we saw a lot of his skills in action, like using candy to paralyzed or suffocate his opponents, creating a wall of candy or armor to protect himself, using his candy cane to fight, creating a sea slug to move around the sea or land, creating arrows, axes or even an iron maiden to attack his enemies.

In the case of Jack we saw the bare minimum of his skills in action, and that his the reason why he was disappointing.
Maybe because he is just a brawler that depends to much on his DF.