Speculations Are all the Tobi Roppo Defeated (as of Chapter 1021)?

Which Tobi Roppo are permanently down?

• Total voters
Imagine it taking from April 26th to August 9th, four months, ten chapters, a full volumes worth, to defeat the tertiary villains of the arc, only for them to get back up again and for the entire process to repeat with the exact same ending of Strawhat beating Flying Six.

And this is only the Flying Six, we’ve still got the Calamities and Kaido to go. And assorted other fights.

Jesus, no.

They’re done, three of the fights were good, two were shit, it’s time to move on to other characters and other fights. If you want a villain to be defeated and brought back, it has to be done like Jack. There is no tension left in the Flying Six. Their villainous street creed is at rock bottom. It can’t be restored without dragging the arc out. Oda has not given any reason to care about them continuing to fight.
I’d rather have dragged out fights than whatever boring, filler Act 2 nonsense Oda will come up with for the next arc

Imagine it taking from April 26th to August 9th, four months, ten chapters, a full volumes worth, to defeat the tertiary villains of the arc, only for them to get back up again and for the entire process to repeat with the exact same ending of Strawhat beating Flying Six.

And this is only the Flying Six, we’ve still got the Calamities and Kaido to go. And assorted other fights.

Jesus, no.

They’re done, three of the fights were good, two were shit, it’s time to move on to other characters and other fights. If you want a villain to be defeated and brought back, it has to be done like Jack. There is no tension left in the Flying Six. Their villainous street creed is at rock bottom. It can’t be restored without dragging the arc out. Oda has not given any reason to care about them continuing to fight.
I feel like this is being stated without actually taking the time to understand why this thread exists in the first place.

Black Maria is done. I can tell you that. Everyone can, because the chapter makes it super clear. However the transitions on Who's Who and Sasaki cannot tell you that. And that's my point for the thread. It's not dialogue, it's presentation, and we don't get it for those 2.

4 months or 4.5 months, at this point if Oda spent 2-3 additional chapters on them due to some twist with their powers, then there really isn't a difference. Anyway, it's really not a big deal, it is however an interesting conversation to have while it's actually unknown, because they aren't specified to be down (yet) and we have at least 1 chapter to discuss.

Think about this as an observation, not personal preference or what you think would be bad for the series.

Who’s Who possibly has a connection with the Maries, given his tattoo. It’s possible that he’s spying on Robin and Brook fight now and will go after Robin, who he obviously would know is a world class historian and archaeologist, in order to learn more about Nika. It’s been pointed out that one of the CP9 agents that went to Ohara with Spandine has the same hair as Who’s Who and looks similar enough, so Who’s Who may have actually been at Ohara. Brook, a SH, may need to protect Robin from a former CP9 agent (sound familiar?). The ceiling was broken in this chapter, so Who’s Who could come down to the 3rd floor to chase after them. It’s also possible that Robin runs down to the 2nd floor while Brook is holding off Who’s Who and runs into Jack, who has beaten Inu, and Jinbe will need to protect Robin from Jack

Black Maria should be done. Reasons were already stated
Ulti should be the same, there's even the announcement of her defeat. One thing I found awkward when the chapter came out was the after finisher, we don't see Usopp and especially Nami reaction despite how hard she was to beat. It directly switches to something else. Although It's not like Oda is obligated to show their reaction since it's not essential to the story, maybe there was not enough page.

P1 was announced defeated like Ulti but he barely did anything so I'm much less sure than with Ult

Who's Who I don't really see the purpose of him still fighting Jinbe since the latter was clearly show to be the superior but he might not be finished, we don't have a panel of him being clearly down. So despite Jinbe's superiority I don't think he's done yet.

I think Sasaki is not done yet, the scene was cut way too abruptly and Franky using radical beam as finisher seems way too lazy. I'm sure
Oda has more imagination.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Nothing to be gained from keeping Maria, Sasaki and WsW up, too much time has already been invested into them, way more than into Calamities and for what reason? None...
PejiWann might be up to give Chopper or Usopp a fight but it's a big question mark. It's time for Calamities to go down, F6 time has passed.

Nothing to be gained from keeping Maria, Sasaki and WsW up, too much time has already been invested into them, way more than into Calamities and for what reason? None...
PejiWann might be up to give Chopper or Usopp a fight but it's a big question mark. It's time for Calamities to go down, F6 time has passed.
Over half of Act 2 was boring filler. Why would it be so bad for Oda to spend a bit of extra time on the fights?

To achieve what? The same result we already have seen?
Isn't that always the case though? To achieve something we know is already going happen lol. It's not like we don't know if Sanji is going to beat Queen or not, we know it's going to happen. The difference is, how well can you do it? How much will you show?

Giving villains/protagonists more opportunities to show off new attacks/impressive art that can be immortalized in the manga is a good thing. It's not like we are dealing with bleach where every fight is 5-6 chapters long, including the lowest end captains and villains. In one piece, getting 1 or 2 of those personal chapters is an accomplishment since it's a rarity for Oda. And don't get me wrong, I love bleach.

Anyway, you and plenty others might be right. It could just be over and Oda showed it all. Maybe Jinbe, Franky, Brook, Usopp, and Chopper or any combination of them tag Jack instead and get even more to do. Maybe Nami helps Raizo defeat Fukurokuju. Maybe Chopper fights Numbers or helps Neko against Perospero.

So many possibilities, we are just here at a moment where we don't actually know what comes next.

Isn't that always the case though? To achieve something we know is already going happen lol. It's not like we don't know if Sanji is going to beat Queen or not, we know it's going to happen. The difference is, how well can you do it? How much will you show?

Giving villains/protagonists more opportunities to show off new attacks/impressive art that can be immortalized in the manga is a good thing. It's not like we are dealing with bleach where every fight is 5-6 chapters long, including the lowest end captains and villains. In one piece, getting 1 or 2 of those personal chapters is an accomplishment since it's a rarity for Oda. And don't get me wrong, I love bleach.

Anyway, you and plenty others might be right. It could just be over and Oda showed it all. Maybe Jinbe, Franky, Brook, Usopp, and Chopper or any combination of them tag Jack instead and get even more to do. Maybe Nami helps Raizo defeat Fukurokuju. Maybe Chopper fights Numbers or helps Neko against Perospero.

So many possibilities, we are just here at a moment where we don't actually know what comes next.
Contrary to other arcs where there is a clear objective even after the opponents are defeated to keep the characters busy (Finding and disarming the bomb in Alabasta, saving Robin and finding a way to escape in Enies Lobby or even trying to slow down the birdcage in Dressrosa) there is none of that in Wano.

Straw Hats can't do anything to prevent Onigashima from crashing and they can just wait for Luffy to defeat Kaido. But Zoro still didn't get his match-up, Luffy has to reach Kadio again.
The battle still has a dozen/dozens of chapters left before ending so I doubt straw hats are just going to stay idle or fight generic fodders til the end even if topi roppo are indeed all done. Maybe some will help agaisnt Big Mom (Brook is a good counter to her homies and he's in healthy shape).

Maybe some will defeat the remaining numbers ( even if they aren't impressive they could still be used to show cool looking moves and highlight that every straw hat can deal with ancient giant). Maybe some weird thing involving Orochi. Idk, there's enough stuff left in this war.

Usopp doesn’t really have to stand out or get a 1 v 1 on Wano since we kno he’d have a more prominent role than most of the other SHs on Elbaf. So it makes sense that he’s somewhat taking a backseat here on Wano. Not to mention that Usopp v P1 is an awful matchup for him. Not sure what folks expect him to do against Page 1. Nami required filthy plot help in addition to a massive power up in Zeus to beat Ulti.

gonna wait before get to the conclusion all the fights are done because you know awakening zoan, regenerative ability .... unless oda want to rush n get to rooftop version 2
but for now i think they are defeated .... maybe

no theyre not all done ulti maybe down for PO to find the rest nah especially WW and Sasak, dont get whiy people were so quick to say they were out we have seen this happen before with pika and the 1080 pound cannon, both ulti and BM have the highiest chance of beeing deffeated he made a big deal about it but with WW and Sasaki they got hit and fall thats it nothing else.