Chapter Discussion Are the Worst Gen more important to the world plot than people previously thought?

Depemds what is meant by importance to the world plot. Obviously they aren’t just going to vanish when Wano ends. When we get the inevitable One Piece an8me sequel they’ll be the next generation of leading pirates.

But I still don’t see them (except maybe Law, since he’s a D) having much of an influence in the final arc.

IIRC oda said he planned on introducing the worst gen in the new world but changed it last minute to Sabaody.

Why do people say he had no plans for the worst gen?
Laws involvement in the new world doesn't seem like something oda could have have been created as he went by.
The worst gen were planned.
They weren’t planned.

IIRC oda said he planned on introducing the worst gen in the new world but changed it last minute to Sabaody.

Why do people say he had no plans for the worst gen?
Laws involvement in the new world doesn't seem like something oda could have have been created as he went by.
The worst gen were planned.
The only one he had plans for was kidd. He actually said he was surprised most of them didnt drop out and never expected laws role to be so big

Depemds what is meant by importance to the world plot. Obviously they aren’t just going to vanish when Wano ends. When we get the inevitable One Piece an8me sequel they’ll be the next generation of leading pirates.

But I still don’t see them (except maybe Law, since he’s a D) having much of an influence in the final arc.

They weren’t planned.

You can definitely tell he had no idea on Law that early.

People can mistake that in interpreting to believe that means they won't be in the end game but we're really in the dark about the idea of the planned ending until after the fact when he can talk candidly.

As far as plot goes, obviously Dofy's speech to tsuru meant quite something about what we were gonna see in the near future

People who are saying only the 5 on the roof are relevant are forgetting about Bonney, she’ll definitely play a big part in the storyline following what happened at the Reverie.
I feel like people undervalue her haxxed devil fruit. Her hax is no less than Law's to me, I would say superior in a way. She is less haxxed than Sugar, but only by a short margin, and if she consistently trains her body she could turn pretty imposing as a Nova. Assuming she didn't already.

Chapter 500 is mostly famous for Rayleigh's introduction

But in the same chapter Oda let us give a good look at Kidd and Law's crew

Showing clearly Law's jolly roger inside Doflamingo's auction house (some foreshadowing for Dressrosa saga too)

He always had some plans with these 2 :kayneshrug:

"Oden and the Roger Pirates predicted that a little over 20 years in the future...a new generation of young powerful pirates...would advance into the 'New World'...!"

"Oden documented the 'future' as follows..."

"A little more than 20 years from now, a group of powerful pirates shouldering the burden of the next era...will advance into the 'New World'...!!!"

"If by any chance I have already passed on...they will be the ones to take down Kaido!"

It wasn't just Oden's prediction, but according to Yamato, Roger's too. This prediction is so definitive the logical conclusion is that what they learned at Laugh Tale must have referenced the Worst Gen in some way or the other.

If that's the case, then the Worst Gen are only going to increase in plot relevance, post-Wano.

Of course Oda initially created the Worst Gen on the fly which is why some have downplayed their world plot relevance but it's been clear since timeskip, Oda is only going to double down on their importance, the ones who will lead the new era.​
roger's prediction?
wait what?

You’d be surprised how many dumbass thought they’d just come an go.....

Even more surprising was the belief that even special ones like Law/Kid, had no grounds to later becoming top tier. Despite countless evidence that predates this statement. All this denial, seemly just based on when oda decided to make them morons.
:gokulaugh:

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
This has been clear to some of us since Sabaody...the Yonkos and admirals have long been insurmountable, but the whole point of Luffy’s arc in particular and the Supernovae in general is that the rambunctious kids are the future, and the old guard is just that. They’re meant to shatter the overwhelming cults of personality the Marines and each of the Four Emperors have presided over for so long, which is what will likely send the world hurtling to this new dawn the author’s been teasing for years. Anyone who’s downplayed them in the past has only done so for one of two reasons - they personally prefer either of the two groups I mentioned above, or because Oda has largely kept them out of action (excluding Law/Kid until this arc) precisely so they could make a big splash when shit gets serious as it is now.

Yes, all 11 probably are. To me, Kid just feels like Luffy's "Whitebeard" in a sense, being his rival. Killer is Kid's subordinate. Law is essentially Luffys permanent ally. Luffys already befriended Bege and Zoro is his subordinate. Hawkins/Apoo will probably either follow Luffy or Kid after Wano. Drake will probably ally with Luffy, whilst still having his own goals as a marine. That leaves Urogue/Bonney, which im sure are tied to future arcs post Wano.

Aka, where the Strawhat Fleet are Luffy's actual subordinates, the Supernova will be Luffy's actual allies by the EoS. Kid and Luffy may fight later on, until Kid folds the PK seat and allies with Luffy for the EoS.

Blackbeard is actually the last of the WG that will act as a foil for Luffy. Either he falls before the final war or his heavily part of that war (i believe the latter tbh) in deciding the world's fate.

Everyone was calling the Supernova “irrelevant characters that Oda made in a day” and now all of a sudden people are switching up and saying they are important. Lol interesting :sanmoji:
Odens prophecy doesn’t surprise me at all, because I’ve known from the very beginning the Worst Generation were going to be huge players. They are the leaders of the new era. The whole point of the Yonko saga is literally the New generation/Worst Generation surpassing the old one. Throughout the whole of new world multiple of them have made their moves against the Yonko. (Starting in Fishman island when Luffy challenged BM and we found out Kidd was sinking her ships, Luffy and Law alliance, destroying Kaido’s SMILE and taking out Doffy, Kidd alliance, Bege aiming to take out BM, WCI, etc.).

Now here we are in the final arc of the Yonko saga and the main 5 of the new era are here to finish this conflict that has spanned since the beginning of New World against the two oldest Yonko. So much for “irrelevant side characters that Oda thought of in a day” right?

Everyone was calling the Supernova “irrelevant characters that Oda made in a day” and now all of a sudden people are switching up and saying they are important. Lol interesting :sanmoji:
Odens prophecy doesn’t surprise me at all, because I’ve known from the very beginning the Worst Generation were going to be huge players. They are the leaders of the new era. The whole point of the Yonko saga is literally the New generation/Worst Generation surpassing the old one. Throughout the whole of new world multiple of them have made their moves against the Yonko. (Starting in Fishman island when Luffy challenged BM and we found out Kidd was sinking her ships, Luffy and Law alliance, destroying Kaido’s SMILE and taking out Doffy, Kidd alliance, Bege aiming to take out BM, WCI, etc.).

Now here we are in the final arc of the Yonko saga and the main 5 of the new era are here to finish this conflict that has spanned since the beginning of New World against the two oldest Yonko. So much for “irrelevant side characters that Oda thought of in a day” right?
So much for some folks
:cheers: