Questions & Mysteries Are Yamato and Nami relatives?

Possibility of blood relation

• 100%

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • 75%

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 50%

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 25%

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • 0%

Votes: 46 71.9%

• Total voters
Lol but that's only 2 characters, and Nana is a flashback character with little relevance in the present. Unlike One Piece there are no multitude of characters looking like slighty tweaked version of Ochaco roaming around.
You brought up MHA, and I guess calling that out is legit then? I can probably find more, but I'm actually not into that series and am not on one of its message boards.

As for duplicates of each other running around, well... Yamato is 12 ft tall. Not a slight tweak. Kinda weird to insist that they can be mistaken for each other.

They're completely different and why are we talking about MHA now lol
Because I asked for an example and got one? You even commented on that one too.

You brought up MHA, and I guess calling that out is legit then? I can probably find more, but I'm actually not into that series and am not on one of its message boards.

As for duplicates of each other running around, well... Yamato is 12 ft tall. Kinda weird to insist that they can be mistaken for each other.
Height is irrelevant when they are hazardous in One Piece, and Oda likes panel only focusing on the face.
I didn't claim Hero Academia never had characters that looked alike either but overall the author does try to not repeat them too much, especially for important characters. While Oda just gives modified namiface to both background and important arc characters like Vivi, Rebecca or now Yamato. They also all have the same bodybody
It's pure laziness.

Last edited:
I dunno what you mean by hazardous, but we constantly see Luffy and Yamato next to each other where the latter is dwarfing the former, so I think it's not irrelevant. We don't exactly know Yamato's body type yet.

"Tries not to repeat them too much" is vague and doesn't account for the fact that OP has more than triple the chapters and therefore more substantial depictions of the overall cast.

I dunno what you mean by hazardous, but we constantly see Luffy and Yamato next to each other where the latter is dwarfing the former, so I think it's not irrelevant. We don't exactly know Yamato's body type yet.

"Tries not to repeat them too much" is vague and doesn't account for the fact that OP has more than triple the chapters and therefore more substantial depictions of the overall cast.
But didn't Yamato shrink like 7-8 feet this chapter?

Yamato already shrunk compared to her introduction 2 chapters ago. And her body looks just like Nami's looked when she wore japanese outfits.
And about the "triple the chapters" namiface thing didn't suddenly appear recently.. Just read this thread ... What funny is that Oda showed in WCI he can make real original faces but I guess they weren't pretty enough

If one series has some similar looking characters as you admit and a much, much longer series has more characters who look similar... that kinda makes sense, right? That's how odds work.

I think by artistic license yeah. Yamato appeared bigger in 983's full disguise first appearance.
Yeah, she looked flat chested, 17 feetish skinny bones figure but a wider body but that could be the kimono.

Maybe we shall see one last timeskip after Teach is defeated

A wild dream of mine

But shall Teach even be the last opponent for Godapiece to come to an end? 🤔
If Oda wanted to enjoy his old life asap and bring her wife to their never ending honeymoon, he better stop at BB and let the biggest alliance ever consist of pirates, marine and revo fight WG.

Shanks, Mihawk, Dragon, Ivankov, and Garp fight Gorosei and let Sabo kill Akainu and make them as headline of news.

That's my wild headcanon.

If Oda wanted to enjoy his old life asap and bring her wife to their never ending honeymoon, he better stop at BB and let the biggest alliance ever consist of pirates, marine and revo fight WG.

Shanks, Mihawk, Dragon, Ivankov, and Garp fight Gorosei and let Sabo kill Akainu and make them as headline of news.

That's my wild headcanon.
I see so you think the Gorosei are more powerful than EoS Teach? 🤔 at least combined?

Or will they simply prove the last obstacle?

I see so you think the Gorosei are more powerful than EoS Teach? 🤔 at least combined?

Or will they simply prove the last obstacle?
Can't say it now. But I know SH's final destination as a group is making Luffy a king of pirates and defeating BB's crew is their last obstacle.

Defeating corrupting WG is not something that can be done by only pirate group. It needs all the element in society and in one piece world Pirate, Marine, Revo (consist ordinary people, ex-marine, ex-criminal) - that search for peace - are those elements.

I mean Luffy can fight Im but i prefer Luffy lead such a group (not SH) to fight Gorosei.

Just because they look a little similar doesnt mean they are relatives come on man
Wasn't my idea, just shared what I read. I don't think they are but I won't dismiss the possibility.
Post automatically merged:

Who is this “Mami” you speak of?
Maybe try to use context clues to figure out what an obvious typo means.