Break Week Are you disappointed with the admirals?

Are you disappointed with the admirals?

• Total voters
No, because I never saw them as rivals to the Yonko or the ultimate guys in the verse, to me they were always the equivalent to the yonko commanders (dynamic wise), the same way Kaido would send Jack to go catch Raizo or BM would send Cracker to fight Urogue Akainu would send Kizaru to do some stuff, and compared to the commanders the admirals are SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful, to me all 3 are roughly equals and are all stronger than the strongest yonko commander.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
My standards for Admirals was pretty high, basically = to Akainu because that's how the OG trio was presented. Fujitora was initially a bit of a disappointment for this reason. He never gave me the sense that he is on par with Akainu, but after witnessing Big Mom on WCI and Wano, my standards for top tier had to be lowered. Given the new standard, he's more than ok as she looks far worse than him yet he has been held back by Oda, while she has already gone all out.

Greenbull has some minor hiccups, like I said I was scared for the rest of the top tiers post skip since WCI, however Oda already cemented Greenbull above Big Mom within his first few panels. He's been catching bodies left and right, featwise pound for pound he might be the top 1 in the verse. Oda's kept him humble with his interaction with Shanks, otherwise we'd be having a different convo rn (is Arakami the strongest in the verse type convos). Can't be too disappointed with that.

Kuzan is exactly where I thought he would be, following up on Akainu making the BB pirates run away, he basically replicated that against the Yonkou version of that crew. Oda damn near insinuated Kuzan can solo an entire Yonkou crew with their captain included. I expect Kizaru to be on that exact same level, his portrayal during MF and him casually asking to step in between Big Mom and Kaidou gives me full confidence he's no different.

The biggest takeaway here though is we're near the endgame and Oda still refuses to let the Admirals try, which means they're still far too strong to let loose casually. There's not much room for disappointment, once they have shown all their cards then we can see if they were disappointing or not.

No, why should I be disappointed? Admirals are strong but they never were something exceptional. Kizaru was just enough to keep old Ray from helping the strawhats. WB at Marineford was the true power and indeed he swept everything admirals included, also at the end Shanks established himself as another top power of the verse, Akainu who is probably the strongest admiral could only watch and keep silent like everybody else when he threatened the whole battlefield.

Fuji, Greenbull and all that happened post time skip with admirals is just in line with what was already known.

(yet actually GB was a bit disappointing)

Years ago the admirals seemed the last (or one of the last) rivals of luffy and zoro, top tiers the same (or stronger) than the yonkos, dragon and mihawk but these chapters all their hype is dead. All start with aramaki who was humiliated by Shanks (wifi haki!!!) and aokiji (the akainu rival) became one of the BB commander and ever worse he isn't the number 2 of the crew. But the last chapters have killed any probably explaning, with the introduction of the nine holy knight (im's commander) and defeated to Aramaki and fugi agaisnt yc1 and yc2.

With all that I can't be a serious fighting of them agasnt prime luffy and zoro when Akainu's rival is weaker than shiryu and aramaki only can defeat commanders if they already have been defeated.

It's over admirals fans maybe usopp, franky and sanjino are rivals more correct:myman:
@MonsterKaido @Boiroy @EmperorKinyagi
What the hell are you talking about

Kinda yeah, Aramaki in particular has been very disappointing.
All that talk about how admirals = yonkos or even surpasses them then GB comes along and admits inferiority to Kaido saying he wouldnt invade wano if kaido was there and to top it off Shanks comes along and sends GB a neg diff through wifi, shanks might as well have sent GB a message ''Get rekt LMAO'' and it worked
Like Inumaki from JJK :finally:

Nah, we still need to see real action with no plot armor protecting Strawhats and allies or getting restricted by fighting in the Reverie.
Not only that, I didn't lose faith in Yonkos either when
- 2 fruits Blackbeard run away in fear of Akainu or when he begged Kuzan not to beat him, even when he offered a job to Kuzan kill time pretty much paying him not to neg the crew. Oh yeah, he also run away from old Rayleigh, feared Boa and also had to run from CP0.
- Kaido kept being traumatized for ages over Oden and his need for help to win, when he couldn't even resist Kiku's armament stabbing him, when he couldn't even kill Kin'emon with AdCoC, or when Momo made him cry over a regular non-haki bite.
- Big Mom getting trolled by Jinbe, Queen, King, even Robin and Brook, running away from Marco while asking for Perospero's help or failing to finish Ulti even though she used the 3 homies in a sneak attack.

Trolling aside, Aramaki is the biggest letdown character-wise for me as his current personality looks ridiculous while his silhouette version from chapter 905 gave a much different vibe.

Nah, we still need to see real action with no plot armor protecting Strawhats and allies or getting restricted by fighting in the Reverie.
Not only that, I didn't lose faith in Yonkos either when
- 2 fruits Blackbeard run away in fear of Akainu or when he begged Kuzan not to beat him, even when he offered a job to Kuzan kill time pretty much paying him not to neg the crew. Oh yeah, he also run away from old Rayleigh, feared Boa and also had to run from CP0.
- Kaido kept being traumatized for ages over Oden and his need for help to win, when he couldn't even resist Kiku's armament stabbing him, when he couldn't even kill Kin'emon with AdCoC, or when Momo made him cry over a regular non-haki bite.
- Big Mom getting trolled by Jinbe, Queen, King, even Robin and Brook, running away from Marco while asking for Perospero's help or failing to finish Ulti even though she used the 3 homies in a sneak attack.

Trolling aside, Aramaki is the biggest letdown character-wise for me as his current personality looks ridiculous while his silhouette version from chapter 905 gave a much different vibe.
He tries to invite anyone strong.
We don't even see him recommend killing Kuzan, that was Lafitte

The moment Oda actually puts them in a serious, all-out fighting scenario he will freely show how powerful they are. Until then he's free to adapt their actions according to what plot requires; simple as that.

But seriously, if you read statements like "surpassing Roger means defeating the emperors and the admirals", or "I won't run no matter you are an admiral or an emperor", or "the admirals are the strongest military force in the Government", or "I can't let mere subordinates defeat me"; and still don't understand where Oda is going when portraying these monsters, then I'm sorry but you aren't putting some obvious two and two together.

Honestly at this point I feel only Akainu will be a top tier, but the others should still be pretty strong.
Just not above or equal to the Yonko as some people claim.
Post automatically merged:

My standards for Admirals was pretty high, basically = to Akainu because that's how the OG trio was presented. Fujitora was initially a bit of a disappointment for this reason. He never gave me the sense that he is on par with Akainu, but after witnessing Big Mom on WCI and Wano, my standards for top tier had to be lowered. Given the new standard, he's more than ok as she looks far worse than him yet he has been held back by Oda, while she has already gone all out.

Greenbull has some minor hiccups, like I said I was scared for the rest of the top tiers post skip since WCI, however Oda already cemented Greenbull above Big Mom within his first few panels. He's been catching bodies left and right, featwise pound for pound he might be the top 1 in the verse. Oda's kept him humble with his interaction with Shanks, otherwise we'd be having a different convo rn (is Arakami the strongest in the verse type convos). Can't be too disappointed with that.

Kuzan is exactly where I thought he would be, following up on Akainu making the BB pirates run away, he basically replicated that against the Yonkou version of that crew. Oda damn near insinuated Kuzan can solo an entire Yonkou crew with their captain included. I expect Kizaru to be on that exact same level, his portrayal during MF and him casually asking to step in between Big Mom and Kaidou gives me full confidence he's no different.

The biggest takeaway here though is we're near the endgame and Oda still refuses to let the Admirals try, which means they're still far too strong to let loose casually. There's not much room for disappointment, once they have shown all their cards then we can see if they were disappointing or not.
No offense but this is just pure copium.
There is absolutely nothing that suggests Aramaki is top 1, hell he even said Kaidou is above him.

Last edited:

ZenZu

No offense but this is just pure copium.
There is absolutely nothing that suggests Aramaki is top 1, hell he even said Kaidou is above him.
Aramaki never said that.

You, as well as 90% of this fanbase can't read properly, it's a comprehension issue.

And in the same manner you've failed to comprehend my post when I said Aramaki is top 1 via feats. Maybe you're unfamiliar with the phrase "pound for pound" in other words no one has better feats than Aramaki with as limited panel time as him. Just look at how the scabbards were bodying Kaidou in the initial chapters of their fight, and compare that to how helpless they were against Aramaki off the bat before he really got serious.

Aramaki never said that.

You, as well as 90% of this fanbase can't read properly, it's a comprehension issue.

And in the same manner you've failed to comprehend my post when I said Aramaki is top 1 via feats. Maybe you're unfamiliar with the phrase "pound for pound" in other words no one has better feats than Aramaki with as limited panel time as him. Just look at how the scabbards were bodying Kaidou in the initial chapters of their fight, and compare that to how helpless they were against Aramaki off the bat before he really got serious.
Via feats.. What feats?
Beating injured King and Queen, who both lost a sword, plus one losing a wing and one losing an arm?
Tying up like 5 Scabbards who all got bodied by base Kaidou once he decided to strike back?
Aramaki admits he's weaker than Kaidou and Shanks, this is canon, and he also has worse feats than them.
And let's say hypothetically, Shanks foresaw him about to beat Momo, the Scabbards, and even Yamato.
This isn't as good as Shanks 0.5 shotting Kidd and Killer or Kaidou clapping all 9 Scabbards and Luffy multiple times.

ZenZu

Via feats.. What feats?
Beating injured King and Queen, who both lost a sword, plus one losing a wing and one losing an arm?
Tying up like 5 Scabbards who all got bodied by base Kaidou once he decided to strike back?
Aramaki admits he's weaker than Kaidou and Shanks, this is canon, and he also has worse feats than them.
And let's say hypothetically, Shanks foresaw him about to beat Momo, the Scabbards, and even Yamato.
This isn't as good as Shanks 0.5 shotting Kidd and Killer or Kaidou clapping all 9 Scabbards and Luffy multiple times.
I explained it above and you still fail to understand what pound for pound means. Kaidou was getting clapped in the first 2 chapters of that battle, he then responded. Greenbull turned them into weed wackers in the first chapter of his interaction with them, before he really got serious.

Shanks is debatable for sure, that's why I said debatably top 1 pound for pound.