Future Events Are You Excited for Yamato vs Kaido?

What do you expect when Yamato fights Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
:stealthblack:

In the latest chapter, Kaido has thrown down his gauntlet:

In the same chapter, Yamato declares her freedom and proclaims that she is now Oden:

In Chapter 1008, she had previously expressed her desire to fight Kaido as Oden:

The Narrative for Yamato vs Kaido
Barring Luffy β€” because he's the protagonist β€” Yamato has perhaps the strongest narrative to fight Kaido.

She declares that she wants to open up Wano and fight on his side:

She laments that she wanted to set out to sea with Ace and his friends but she couldn't because Kaido has imprisoned her since she was eight on pain of death:

Luffy questions her resolve, saying that fighting alongside him will mean seeing him whoop Kaido. Yamato asserts that she wishes she could do it herself. She states that Kaido has beaten her several times since childhood and ensured that she always paid the price for challenging him:

She speaks fondly and approvingly of Ace (a man who came to kill her father). He's the only one she's called friend:

She tells Luffy to hurry that they need to help finish Kaido off:

When the Beast Pirates try to recruit her to assist them, she states that she's not on their side anymore. Without remorse, she declares "Let my Father die":

When Luffy says that he didn't come to beat Kaido, she questions him:

She had offered her assistance to Luffy under the impression that he came to defeat Kaido, declaring that she will fulfil Oden's unfinished will to open up Wano:

She expresses worry for Luffy and declares that she wants a chance to beat Kaido as well:

Chapter 1012 was named "Itch":

Momonosuke comments that Yamato was itching to fight (Kaido):

Yamato inquires about Luffy's condition. Momonosuke replies that he is weakened but still in good shape. He notifies her that Luffy is facing Kaido by himself. Upon realising that it's a One vs One, Yamato comments that she must hurry to assist him:

Upon abandoning Momonosuke to assist Luffy in combat, she learns that she was too late and Kaido has already defeated Luffy:

Worse still, her actions have placed Momonosuke in grave danger:

Momonosuke is someone that Luffy trusted her to protect:

Someone so important that she would lay down her life for him:

He's the one that shall guide the world to its dawn:

Upon learning of his importance, Momonosuke also expresses that same sentiment that he cannot be allowed to die:

Conclusions
Yamato appears to have multiple reasons to fight Kaido Kaido:
  1. She wants to fulfil Oden's will to open up Wano.
  2. He imprisoned her on Onigashima for 20 years and kept her from fulfilling her dreams.
  3. She wants payback for decades of abuse.
  4. She's disowned him as a Father because he was willing to kill her.
  5. She declared "let my father die".
  6. She wanted to assist Luffy on the Rooftop.
  7. She needs to defend/protect Momonosuke.

If you were to categorise them, then she has:
  • Personal reasons: #2 - #5
  • Her desire to fulfil Oden's will: #1 and #7
  • Her desire to help Luffy: #6 & #7

Though if you assume that her desire to assist Luffy is because of her bond with Ace and what she learned in Oden's journal concerning Luffy, you could perhaps categorise it as only 2 reasons:
  • Personal reasons: #2 - #6
  • Oden related reasons: #1, #6 & #7

Whichever way you categorise it, Yamato seems to have a very strong narrative to fight Kaido. I expect that battle to begin soon. Plausibly within the next 5 chapters, and probably within the next 10 chapters.

Oda's Enthusiasm
Oda himself seems excited to write an epic battle between Yamato and Kaido.

Some people think Kaido will stomp her, but I doubt it. If Oda was going to write Kaido stomping Yamato, I feel like he would have let her solo a Calamity (e.g. Jack) first. Instead, he's not even let her use her DF and interrupted all her fights with significant opponents:
  • In her 2nd Round with Ulti, Luffy told her to protect Momonosuke.
  • When she was about to begin fighting Sasaki in earnest, Hacha and Franky showed up.

Despite that, he's built her up as a very formidable combatant:
  • All the Tobi Roppo were summoned to capture her.
    • Black Maria said that doing so would be difficult
  • Her introduction was oneshotting a Tobi Roppo.
  • She stalemated G3 Luffy while holding back.
  • She oneshot a Number.
  • She appears to have a very powerful Devil Fruit given Sasaki's reaction to her tease.
  • Ace said that she was too strong to not be a Captain.
  • She stalemated Ace.
  • She can perfectly execute Kaido's named techniques and uses his exact fighting style.
  • Kaido wants to make her the Shogun.

So we have the following:
  1. Yamato appears to be a very formidable combatant.
  2. Yamato is using Kaido's fighting style.
  3. Oda has been hiding Yamato's DF for an epic reveal.
  4. Oda has prevented Yamato from fighting anyone of note.
  5. Yamato is going to fight Kaido.

Looking at the above 5 facts, I can't help but expect that she'll get a full length battle against her Father.

#3 and #4 are important to my conclusions. If Oda did not want to give Yamato a decent length battle vs Kaido, then:
  • He would have let her fight and defeat another combatant of note.
  • He would have revealed her Devil Fruit.

Yamato using Kaido's fighting style and Yamato having a similarly epic Devil Fruit will add flavour for the Father vs Son confrontation we'll get when she fights Kaido.

She'll not be the one to finally defeat him, but I expect her to do decent damage and keep him engaged for a while (probably until Luffy and/or Zoro have recovered).

I also expect a flashback.

If Yamato reveals the ability to clad her attacks in Haoshoku as well, it would strongly reinforce my position.

If she begins a fight with another major character or reveals her DF before her encounter with Kaido, I'll reconsider.

Last edited:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
β€Ž
imagine if its to the contrary and they don't give a shit
:ihaha::cantseeme:
i don’t know. Kaido seems emotionally pretty unconcerned about anyone close to him. But I have the feeling that this is different with his daughter.

it is kinda as he would be the counterpart of big mum. She has a lot of children but don’t care for them at all. Still they stick to her. He has just one child, she wants to leave… if he wouldn’t care for her, he would let her run wherever she wants.

In the latest chapter, Kaido has thrown down his gauntlet:

In the same chapter, Yamato declares her freedom and proclaims that she is now Oden:

In Chapter 1008, she had previously expressed her desire to fight Kaido as Oden:

The Narrative for Yamato vs Kaido
Barring Luffy β€” because he's the protagonist β€” Yamato has perhaps the strongest narrative to fight Kaido.

She declares that she wants to open up Wano and fight on his side:

She laments that she wanted to set out to sea with Ace and his friends but she couldn't because Kaido has imprisoned her since she was eight on pain of death:

Luffy questions her resolve, saying that fighting alongside him will mean seeing him whoop Kaido. Yamato asserts that she wishes she could do it herself. She states that Kaido has beaten her several times since childhood and ensured that she always paid the price for challenging him:

She speaks fondly and approvingly of Ace (a man who came to kill her father). He's the only one she's called friend:

She tells Luffy to hurry that they need to help finish Kaido off:

When the Beast Pirates try to recruit her to assist them, she states that she's not on their side anymore. Without remorse, she declares "Let my Father die":

When Luffy says that he didn't come to beat Kaido, she questions him:

She had offered her assistance to Luffy under the impression that he came to defeat Kaido, declaring that she will fulfil Oden's unfinished will to open up Wano:

She expresses worry for Luffy and declares that she wants a chance to beat Kaido as well:

Chapter 1012 was named "Itch":

Momonosuke comments that Yamato was itching to fight (Kaido):

Yamato inquires about Luffy's condition. Momonosuke replies that he is weakened but still in good shape. He notifies her that Luffy is facing Kaido by himself. Upon realising that it's a One vs One, Yamato comments that she must hurry to assist him:

Upon abandoning Momonosuke to assist Luffy in combat, she learns that she was too late and Kaido has already defeated Luffy:

Worse still, her actions have placed Momonosuke in grave danger:

Momonosuke is someone that Luffy trusted her to protect:

Someone so important that she would lay down her life for him:

He's the one that shall guide the world to its dawn:

Upon learning of his importance, Momonosuke also expresses that same sentiment that he cannot be allowed to die:

Conclusions
Yamato appears to have multiple reasons to fight Kaido Kaido:
  1. She wants to fulfil Oden's will to open up Wano.
  2. He imprisoned her on Onigashima for 20 years and kept her from fulfilling her dreams.
  3. She wants payback for decades of abuse.
  4. She's disowned him as a Father because he was willing to kill her.
  5. She declared "let my father die".
  6. She wanted to assist Luffy on the Rooftop.
  7. She needs to defend/protect Momonosuke.

If you were to categorise them, then she has:
  • Personal reasons: #2 - #5
  • Her desire to fulfil Oden's will: #1 and #7
  • Her desire to help Luffy: #6 & #7

Though if you assume that her desire to assist Luffy is because of her bond with Ace and what she learned in Oden's journal concerning Luffy, you could perhaps categorise it as only 2 reasons:
  • Personal reasons: #2 - #6
  • Oden related reasons: #1, #6 & #7

Whichever way you categorise it, Yamato seems to have a very strong narrative to fight Kaido. I expect that battle to begin soon. Plausibly within the next 5 chapters, and probably within the next 10 chapters.

Oda's Enthusiasm
Oda himself seems excited to write an epic battle between Yamato and Kaido.

Some people think Kaido will stomp her, but I doubt it. If Oda was going to write Kaido stomping Yamato, I feel like he would have let her solo a Calamity (e.g. Jack) first. Instead, he's not even let her use her DF and interrupted all her fights with significant opponents:
  • In her 2nd Round with Ulti, Luffy told her to protect Momonosuke.
  • When she was about to begin fighting Sasaki in earnest, Hacha and Franky showed up.

Despite that, he's built her up as a very formidable combatant:
  • All the Tobi Roppo were summoned to capture her.
    • Black Maria said that doing so would be difficult
  • Her introduction was oneshotting a Tobi Roppo.
  • She stalemated G3 Luffy while holding back.
  • She oneshot a Number.
  • She appears to have a very powerful Devil Fruit given Sasaki's reaction to her tease.
  • Ace said that she was too strong to not be a Captain.
  • She stalemated Ace.
  • She can perfectly execute Kaido's named techniques and uses his exact fighting style.
  • Kaido wants to make her the Shogun.

So we have the following:
  1. Yamato appears to be a very formidable combatant.
  2. Yamato is using Kaido's fighting style.
  3. Oda has been hiding Yamato's DF for an epic reveal.
  4. Oda has prevented Yamato from fighting anyone of note.
  5. Yamato is going to fight Kaido.

Looking at the above 5 facts, I can't help but expect that she'll get a full length battle against her Father.

#3 and #4 are important to my conclusions. If Oda did not want to give Yamato a decent length battle vs Kaido, then:
  • He would have let her fight and defeat another combatant of note.
  • He would have revealed her Devil Fruit.

Yamato using Kaido's fighting style and Yamato having a similarly epic Devil Fruit will add flavour for the Father vs Son confrontation we'll get when she fights Kaido.

She'll not be the one to finally defeat him, but I expect her to do decent damage and keep him engaged for a while (probably until Luffy and/or Zoro have recovered).

I also expect a flashback.

If Yamato reveals the ability to clad her attacks in Haoshoku as well, it would strongly reinforce my position.

If she begins a fight with another major character or reveals her DF before her encounter with Kaido, I'll reconsider.

I am looking forward to their meeting for the narrative development rather than their actual fight... Yamato will probably show her DF and that's the only thing I am interested about their actual fight.
For the narrative development this must trigger a flashback so we can connect to both characters more, which Kaido specially desperately needs.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
β€Ž
i guess strength wise It would be a low diff, maximum mid diff. Kaido shouldn’t have any problem to crush her.

but it is his daughter, so I would consider an emotional part in it, which pushes it into high diff. I guess.
I concur. I am mostly excited about their interaction if I am being honest. I am hoping to see Yamato's declaration of Luffy becoming the pirate king right in front of Kaido.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
i guess strength wise It would be a low diff, maximum mid diff. Kaido shouldn’t have any problem to crush her.

but it is his daughter, so I would consider an emotional part in it, which pushes it into high diff. I guess.
if he wouldn’t care for her, he would let her run wherever she wants.
But he won't go all out, it's his daughter.
I think you guys are overestimating how much Kaido cares for Yamato. He placed cuffs on her that would have killed her:

However much he loves her, it's not to the extent that he wouldn't kill her if she disobeys him.