Future Events Are You Excited for Yamato vs Kaido?

What do you expect when Yamato fights Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you guys are overestimating how much Kaido cares for Yamato. He placed cuffs on her that would have killed her:

However much he loves her, it's not to the extent that he wouldn't kill her if she disobeys him.
She wouldn't have died from that explosion. Their relationship is what really intrigues me, it would be too easy of Kaido just didn't give a fuck about her and would kill her easily if she disobeyed.
She already disobeyed him by the way and confronted him, he beat the shit out of her but somehow I expect him to care about her and I expect her to care about him, both in their own special way (whether it's good or bad).

We will surely get a short flashback about their past and hopefully we'll also see Yamato's mother.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Excited? Not really.

I'm just hoping that Kaido wacks the "I'm Oden shit" right out of her. Hoping for a good clash and development for Yamato.
I'm hoping for character development from her, but not because Kaido beat it out of her. I'd like her to realise it herself.

She going the wrong way
Well, Oda needed her out of the way so he could off three Scabbards. This chapter wouldn't have worked if she was there to safeguard Momonosuke.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
β€Ž
I think you guys are overestimating how much Kaido cares for Yamato. He placed cuffs on her that would have killed her:

However much he loves her, it's not to the extent that he wouldn't kill her if she disobeys him.
But why should he care for her in the first place? If he wanted her to break down and obey him, he could have done it early. But her appearance and her character implies she was patented to be strong and kinda free.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
She wouldn't have died from that explosion. Their relationship is what really intrigues me, it would be too easy of Kaido just didn't give a fuck about her and would kill her easily if she disobeyed.
She already disobeyed him by the way and confronted him, he beat the shit out of her but somehow I expect him to care about her and I expect her to care about him, both in their own special way (whether it's good or bad).

We will surely get a short flashback about their past and hopefully we'll also see Yamato's mother.
I think the way she was crying when she learned that the cuffs were actually explosive shows that she wanted to be loved by him.

But her appearance and her character implies she was patented to be strong and kinda free.
He wanted her to be strong, but never free. He had always planned to make her Shogun:

Mid diff? loool
Oda will never portray Yamato as stronger than Luffy or the other supernovas. She gonna lose to human Kaido and trigger his flashback.

She'll be back to defeat Jack though.

It's highly suspicious that as soon as Yamato leaves Kaidou shows up... that place isn't where she fights Kaidou.
She has both an emotional reason to fight and for her freedom... whatever becomes of it, she'll need to step out onto the battlefield prepared to die and to kill.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
She'll be back to defeat Jack though.
She's not fighting Jack.

Oda will never portray Yamato as stronger than Luffy or the other supernovas. She gonna lose to human Kaido and trigger his flashback.
Why is Oda hiding her Devil Fruit then if she only fights human Kaido?

Yamato is Paul Phoenix stuck in traffic
:choppawhat:

Yamato suxs ass

Kaido would send her flying to the Moon
Nah.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
I think they will have a father and daughter talk at first and then Yamato will clashed with Kaido to buy time for Luffy to recover. Maybe she can push Kaido to mid diff at best?

Definitely gonna need some tissues though.:josad:
Mid diff sounds possible but that would constitute one hell of an achievement. King himself can probably hope to give him low difficulty at best.

Doesn't this scene prove she doesn't have internal destruction haki, and in turn not being able to apply CoC to attacks though? If that's the case, then what can she even do against Kaido that hasn't already been done?

She had no idea what Luffy was doing to the cuffs, and clearly they aren't Kairoseki because he can touch them.

This spells out to me that she won't do much more to Kaido than than Killer, Kid or Law did. Certainly not as much as Luffy or Zoro.

This is why I'm still half expecting a Jack matchup, before or after she encounters and fights her father for however long.

The point is that she will have her big moment with him, but that doesn't mean it has to be her main fight.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Doesn't this scene prove she doesn't have internal destruction haki, and in turn not being able to apply CoC to attacks though?
Zoro doesn't have internal destruction haki and yet he dealt the most damage to Kaido in a single attack.

There's no indication that Kaido has internal destruction haki either. His clubs always make contact apart from when Luffy clashed with him.

So no, that scene does not prove anything.

She had no idea what Luffy was doing to the cuffs, and clearly they aren't Kairoseki because he can touch them.

This spells out to me that she won't do much more to Kaido than than Killer, Kid or Law did
Zoro had no idea what Luffy was doing with Red Roc either. And even then, Red Roc only gave Kaido superficial damage.

The point is that she will have her big moment with him, but that doesn't mean it has to be her main fight.
I honestly think it's stupid to expect a matchup devoid of narrative to take precedence over a matchup the narrative demands.

There's not a single thing in the manga that supports Yamato vs Jack. It can happen, but it's not what the manga is showing currently.

I think they will have a father and daughter talk at first and then Yamato will clashed with Kaido to buy time for Luffy to recover. Maybe she can push Kaido to mid diff at best?

Definitely gonna need some tissues though.:josad:
Not with that fan art again
:josad:

no one:

Kaido after beating her up:
cries in salmon
Post automatically merged:

Zoro doesn't have internal destruction haki and yet he dealt the most damage to Kaido in a single attack.
so you don't believe zoro cuts Mr 1 with Acoc?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
so you don't believe zoro cuts Mr 1 with Acoc?
He used armament haki to cut Daz Bones, but it wasn't the penetration version.

Probably dodged a bullet. It's safe to say Kaido would stomp a mudhole
Kaido is not stomping Yamato. If he was, Oda would have revealed her DF by now and would let her have full fights other significant characters.

I'm more excited for the possibilty of more backstory for the both of them (and the other beast pirates) that the fight could give us.

The idea of a kanabo duel is pretty exciting but i don't think the fight will last for too long as a 1v1.