Break Week Are you satisfied with Odas Bounty System in One Piece ?

Is Oda handling the Bounties good in OP

• Yes hes doing it good

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • No its way to weird

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Its a 50/50 thing. I understand both sides

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
-We all know already that Bounties represent way more Aspects of a Charachter than just strength.

-Strength plays a tiny Role in Bounties ofcourse but its as we all know not the main role since we have several examples of Charachters Strength not fitting their Bounties such as:

-Perosperos 700B vs Sabos 602B
-Queens 1.3B vs Zoros 1.1B
-Ussops 500B etc.

•Do you find it okay if Oda keeps going with the way he has handled Bounties so far in the Story or do you think hes not doing it good/his System doesent make sense?
https://flic.kr/p/2o8bsCB

-We all know already that Bounties represent way more Aspects of a Charachter than just strength.

-Strength plays a tiny Role in Bounties ofcourse but its as we all know not the main role since we have several examples of Charachters Strength not fitting their Bounties such as:

-Perosperos 700B vs Sabos 602B
-Queens 1.3B vs Zoros 1.1B
-Ussops 500B etc.

•Do you find it okay if Oda keeps going with the way he has handled Bounties so far in the Story or do you think hes not doing it good/his System doesent make sense?
https://flic.kr/p/2o8bsCB
I don't think there is a problem on those specific cases you brought up except for Usopp.

Pero has been a pirate for 30+ years and actually had the strenght to back his 700mi Berries. Sabo on the other hand although he was already Revo's number 2 didn't actually made a move all those years...
The same goes for Queen and Zoro, not only the former is a strong pirate number 3 on a Yonkou crew he is also a top scientist who once worked with vegapunk while also being a pirate for at least 20 more years than Zoro was as well.

Zoro's bounty is definetly going up after Egghead.

The bounty system is pretty shit for the most part.

During EL, Robin only got 1 mil boost from 79 mil to 80 mil. While Robin is supposed to be the main target for the WG. She should have get over 100 mil or even higher bounty than Zoro's after EL incident. But whatever.

Wano, Sanji should have get a higher bounty than Jinbei for defeating a stronger opponent. I know Warlords clout is a thing but still.

Luffy should have get higher than 3 bil after Wano. Etc.

The bounty system is fine for long time pirates and minor villains to judge their power. The problem comes from people comparing pirates who are still growing in strength and infamy (straw hats and Blackbeard pirates) with those who have long time been established (Beast and Big Mom Pirates)

So for these minor characters bounties a good way of comparing their strengths

The bounty system is fine for long time pirates and minor villains to judge their power. The problem comes from people comparing pirates who are still growing in strength and infamy (straw hats and Blackbeard pirates) with those who have long time been established (Beast and Big Mom Pirates)

So for these minor characters bounties a good way of comparing their strengths

Good explanation it is kinda a complex Topic
Post automatically merged:

The bounty system is pretty shit for the most part.

During EL, Robin only got 1 mil boost from 79 mil to 80 mil. While Robin is supposed to be the main target for the WG. She should have get over 100 mil or even higher bounty than Zoro's after EL incident. But whatever.

Wano, Sanji should have get a higher bounty than Jinbei for defeating a stronger opponent. I know Warlords clout is a thing but still.

Luffy should have get higher than 3 bil after Wano. Etc.

Yea the 1Mil increase to Robin was so weird lol

Nah, I am fine, all bounties make sense, after all they given due rumours, feats, etc.

Bounty shows your overalll threat, and it ks a good measurement for your power.

For example Buggy, even though he is weak... his real threat comes from the pirates willing tk give their lifes for him. He has a greay military power, has money for the marines hunting, etc. And he is also said so have power that could rival emperors, which hasnt been tested.

Perospero has 700 million for all his life as pirate, and for being a Veteran pirate, his bounty wont go much higher as he mostly has peaked.

Sabo is barely known as Dragon is barely known, most feats has been undercover and they dont represent a threat to the people, just to the system of the goverment

Problem with inflation is that it made warlords pre-abolition bounties a total joke. Like how the goverment invited crocodile and boa when they only had 80m each. Thats a plot hole basically.
It isnt since the golden pirate era started after Roger's death....

Before Roger, there were few pirates. Each era had pirates, but not as much right now since Roger's death was the catalyst to rise of piracy golden era, it was mentioned even by Big Mom when she was falling... they had to deal with many rookies.

So Goverment selected the pirates with more potential when all the caos started and kept getting more walords just as more Emperors arise.

Heck, even walord system proves this as it was created after Roger's death, before there was no need to ask for help to pirates.

Ace novel also says that during Roger's era, they were not known as Emperors, which might also suggest that they didnt rule over many islands as current Emperors.

Trust me Croco was simply beeing totally nerfed due to pre ts. He definetly had both Types of Haki also pre ts Oda himself said i regret having shown "2 Charachters" too early Crocodile and Shiki the Golden Lion
I don't think haki was a thing back then. So croc was definitely retconned into being more powerful. And still 2B bounty is literally half of shanks bounty who is a yonko with his OP crew and islands and what not.