Current Events At this rate, Luffy will be the One Piece.

Is Luffy a trash character now?

• Total voters
Okay good for him? I never said Kishimoto didn't create the "prophecy out his ass" now did I? I said, Kishimoto handled the "prophecy" better. You are committing a strawman fallacy, arguing a position that I never claimed.
And I was giving my reason why the prophecy subplot was worse on Naruto side. Because of the loose vision of how Kishi was gonna pan the story out, the inclusion of the chosen one troupe felt redundant as its execution was janky at best and a cop out for Naruto to remain relevant at worst. At least for OP side its related to the grand theme of inherited will and ties to the past arcs far better in retrospect.
Again, yet another strawman fallacy. I never said structure isn't important. I said structure doesn't mean quality. Learn how to read and comprehend dude.
You call it a strawman because you fail to elaborate on your part of what you consider quality storytelling and why PTS arcs are an example of poor writing.
The evidence says otherwise. Posttime skip has a lot more Luffy "shoved down our faces" than pretimeskip.
HOW? I argue its still the same amount as before, just that the straw hat crew gets less than pre TS.
So instead you want the opponent to keep beating luffy many rounds and luffy getting back up where he barely even touched the opponent and still ends up winning? Okay that alternative sounds so much better than the Naruto alternative where it is mostly tactics related.
If you consider this barely touching the opponent
Unless your the type who thinks just because someone gets back up and is able to fight means the attack had little to 0 effect. Yeah Naruto getting bailed out from his nine tails power when its convenient is totally more tactical. At least when Luffy he gets a powerup is done through actual experience.
Dude wtf are you babbling about? It is FACT that the strawhats outside of Luffy haven't been given the same screen time as pretime skip.
Thats literally what I stated in that section as I further elaborated.
I feel as though its not that Luffy is getting more screentime as the strawhats are most of the time getting less
Guess I'm not the only one with the reading comprehension problem.
That isn't debatable at all. Robin has been cast aside. Nami and Usopp are now strictly just gag characters. Franky outside the Senior Pink fight has been given little to no screen time. Chopper has been reduce to a merchandise sells pitch marketing ploy. List goes on and on. This isn't debatable.
Wasn't trying to turn this into a "debate". Just explaining my point of view as to WHY Oda gives the crew members less screen time. They still have their moments but you can DEBATE whether its as impactful as before. Which would explain why he pivots more on the side characters in the modern arcs as they have a far deeper and more emotional connection to the island and events of the arc.