• Poor

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Marley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
I caught up with latest chapter by binge reading entire series up to now..... Fuck, can't imagine how hard it must have been for you guys to read it, it's a monthly release?? And next is in October...?! Oh boy
Wow ..... you already finished the whole manga haha

Fastest guy ever because those chapters are quite heavy (40/50 pages each). Good job haha.

So now I have 1000 of questions lol : what is your fav character ? The best one ? The worst character ? Your best moment ? Your best arc ? What do you think about the basement reveal ? What do you think about Eren ? What do you think will happen ? (I will calm myself and stop it there lol)

djiayebee

β˜† π•Šπ•¦π•¦π•¦π•¦π•¦π•¦π•‘π•–π•£ 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕π•ͺ β˜†
β€Ž
Wow ..... you already finished the whole manga haha

Fastest guy ever because those chapters are quite heavy (40/50 pages each). Good job haha.

So now I have 1000 of questions lol : what is your fav character ? The best one ? The worst character ? Your best moment ? Your best arc ? What do you think about the basement reveal ? What do you think about Eren ? What do you think will happen ? (I will calm myself and stop it there lol)
Lol yea it took less time than I thought it would... ^^ Well,
- Fav character : Levi or Mikasa (#team Ackerman!)

- Worst character : The one i hate most is an easy one : Floch, what an annoying mofo......... Was SO glad we didnt see him for too long!

- Best arc : Not sure what is the general consensus to separate AoT into arcs, like each timeskip or? But I'd say I generally also enjoyed more the first half of the series, before they went outside of the walls (as I've read other people commenting on some of the older threads)

- Best moment : Hmmm hard question coz there was quite few! Maybe the one when Eren killed Tybur during his speech in Marley? that was epic as fuck, a brilliant chap #100

- My view on Eren : A schizophrenic manipulative psychopath tormented as hell... the whole thing about seeing the past and future memories is confusing, and i wonder if he is still sane? Even tho he's the MC, i have kind of neutral feeling towards him... for now! Waiting to see what comes next, but him just destroying the whole world is too extreme imo

- The basement reveal : I kinda expected there would be more advanced civilization outside of the walls, but didn't expect it to be revealed by that photograph and to hear Zeke was Eren's bro... I dig his badass appearance but imo he looks more like a grandpa and older than how the dad looked like, so it was a bit hard for me to accept that truth?

- What I think will happen next : First, I hope to get some answers about wtf is going on with young Eren on top of the clouds? Then, I wonder what's happening with all those focus on the birds?? About Historia's baby, I am guessing Eren banged her... and eventually he will tell both Armin and Mikasa when they jump from the plane to try to talk to him to stop. Realizing they can't change his mind, Armin will transform to try to kill him as the last solution, and Mikasa, questioning her existence hearing he got someone else pregnant, might nonetheless sacrifice herself to protect Eren out of love/sadness/giving up on life/her mission as an Ackerman... which might cause Eren to snap when he sees she dies since that's opposite of what he intended? Then no clue what happens next πŸ˜† lmao nah I dunno but I wouldn't be surprised if there is no happy ending?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
- Fav character : Levi or Mikasa (#team Ackerman!)
My fav are Jean and Eren. (like Erwin too)

Jean is the most "human" guy on the show.

Mikasa is a bit too much focused on Eren for me sometimes it is annoying. But she is not bad.

And Levi is cool.

- Worst character : The one i hate most is an easy one : Floch, what an annoying mofo......... Was SO glad we didnt see him for too long!
Haha I think everyone hate Floch.

- Best arc : Not sure what is the general consensus to separate AoT into arcs, like each timeskip or? But I'd say I generally also enjoyed more the first half of the series, before they went outside of the walls (as I've read other people commenting on some of the older threads)
For me arcs go like that : from the begining to the Trost fights and Eren putting the boulder.

Then the female titan arc : the trial then Eren joining the Survey corps, and it ends with Annie capture.

Then the part with Utgard castle when we saw the beast titan for the first time and against Reiner and Berthold, Eren rescue etc.

Then the arc against the fake king and Rod Reiss and Kenny Ackerman.

Then the arc against the warriors : Zeke and co at Shiganshina

Then Marley arc.

And now final war.

- Best moment : Hmmm hard question coz there was quite few! Maybe the one when Eren killed Tybur during his speech in Marley? that was epic as fuck, a brilliant chap #100
yeah I admit this is too hard of a choice. There are so many awesome moments.

But yeah Eren wreaking havoc in Marley was good.

- My view on Eren : A schizophrenic manipulative psychopath tormented as hell... the whole thing about seeing the past and future memories is confusing, and i wonder if he is still sane? Even tho he's the MC, i have kind of neutral feeling towards him... for now! Waiting to see what comes next, but him just destroying the whole world is too extreme imo
I like this MC a lot. Compared to other MC like Naruto or Goku or Deku etc Eren story is a lot more mature. But on an other hand the manga is a more mature than a classic shonen so it is a bit unfair to compare them.
And I love angry Eren, the guy is a total psycho but he had one hell of a childhood. But the end of the story will be important for his character too.

Realizing they can't change his mind, Armin will transform to try to kill him as the last solution
I don't think they can kill Eren with Titans powers. For me now with the founder Ttan power Eren can control the other titan and even the shifters. He managed to remove Annie crystal I don't know why he couldn't just deactivate other shifter powers.

But yeah I don't think there will be a true happy ending. But I don't think Eren will destroy the world too. SO they will find a way to kill/stop him.

Do you watch the anime too ? the anime is really well done.

But welcome to share our suffering and wait one month between chapters

djiayebee

β˜† π•Šπ•¦π•¦π•¦π•¦π•¦π•¦π•‘π•–π•£ 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕π•ͺ β˜†
β€Ž
For me arcs go like that : from the begining to the Trost fights and Eren putting the boulder.

Then the female titan arc : the trial then Eren joining the Survey corps, and it ends with Annie capture.

Then the part with Utgard castle when we saw the beast titan for the first time and against Reiner and Berthold, Eren rescue etc.

Then the arc against the fake king and Rod Reiss and Kenny Ackerman.

Then the arc against the warriors : Zeke and co at Shiganshina

Then Marley arc.

And now final war.
Yea it makes sense, thanks for that. Then what will be your favorite arc? and favorite moment?

I don't think they can kill Eren with Titans powers. For me now with the founder Ttan power Eren can control the other titan and even the shifters. He managed to remove Annie crystal I don't know why he couldn't just deactivate other shifter powers.

But yeah I don't think there will be a true happy ending. But I don't think Eren will destroy the world too. SO they will find a way to kill/stop him.

Do you watch the anime too ? the anime is really well done.

But welcome to share our suffering and wait one month between chapters
I think IF someone can kill Eren with titans power it will be Armin... not only size wise he's the only one who wouldnt look too ridiculously small next to current Eren, but also its titan power is just too OP + Armin's brain is on a different level...
And about Annie's crystal that was just hardening which disappeared at the same time as the walls crumbled, I dont think Eren can just deactivate other kind of titans powers?

And anime no I didnt watch. I know it's up to season 3 and the next one will start soon, but where in the story are they atm?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
Yea it makes sense, thanks for that. Then what will be your favorite arc? and favorite moment?

I think IF someone can kill Eren with titans power it will be Armin... not only size wise he's the only one who wouldnt look too ridiculously small next to current Eren, but also its titan power is just too OP + Armin's brain is on a different level...
And about Annie's crystal that was just hardening which disappeared at the same time as the walls crumbled, I dont think Eren can just deactivate other kind of titans powers?

And anime no I didnt watch. I know it's up to season 3 and the next one will start soon, but where in the story are they atm?
The season 3 finished at the end of the shiganshina arc where Zeke and co fight.

But the anime is really good (you have the 2 first seasons on Netflix).

The first arc is amazing Eren being killed and coming back as a Titan and the boulders etc.
The Titan danger is really high there.

I think it is still my favorite. But to be fair I like the whole story.

Marley arc is really cool too. Same for Shiganshina or Annie arc.

Berthold and Reiner reveal was so WTF haha. Half funny half crazy.

Erwin and co scrificing themselves was great too.

Annie killing Levi squad....

There are so many crazy moments

I pray to whatever god is out there.....

that is for eren to win.
Holy shit, rip those kids. This is amazing, if the ending is good this is probably the birth of a new masterpiece. Far beyond the current stuff we're reading, yes even one piece. :doffycry:
I have to agree, this thing is 1 inch away from masterpiece status, that is for this to ends in a non-bullshit kinda way

Yea this proves he is on his free will.

Either you die a hero or long yourself to become a villain.

Eren is pretty much like harvey dent in many ways . He was white knight or crusader but when things got ugly he realised society as whole was ugly and he think its his job to make it better.
i dont think so, for me i think eren know that their shitty world,history, legacy, etc left eren with "this is either them or us" situation.
he know he is wrong but he also know that he needs to do this and take the blame all to himself

What i get from these latest chapters, is a big lesson for Eichiro Oda. That a hype, must be fulfilled by a pay-off. Attack on Titan create a hype, and follow it with such satisfactory display of power and emotion as a pay-off. The hype only happens every once in a while, but the author always makes sure that he pays each one with fair and actual plot point, or plot twist, or emotional or power portrayal or feat. This is a sign of a brave author not wanting to please everybody but instead sticking to his own path.
what do you mean? one piece is up there in term of fulfilling hype and leaving next to 0 plot hole.

I agree with you about Oda's specialty being adventures and world building, its just that Oda hypes powerlevels yoo often without proper execution. I hope oda reduce that desire to hype everyone. Just hype the most worthy so that he can pay it like Eren flexing his powers makes the whole world living in fear. That kind of payment.
i should have figure this is about power level lol. I wont debate this here
Post automatically merged:

I repost my message from NF.

Eren Yeager is the undisputed greatest protagonist of all time

That chapter was a masterpiece, super dark.

The death of children is very poignant. It is an incredible violence: Eren who saves him anyway and collapses in tears because despite everything he has to do what he has to do but clearly that it breaks him from the inside. Eren is a very human character that you can relate to.

He knows that the difference in the number of inhabitants between paradise and the rest of the world is enormous and that if the eldians would disappear, there would be no more worries (compared to the titans) but still doesn't want to be exterminated. And this is understandable. The fact that it stops when he sees a couple with a pregnant woman... He thinks of Carla but we can imagine that it also reminds us of Historia (who is pregnant) and the page where we see eren free child and then in the meantime the civilians who are being massacred... It's beautiful and horrible... The discussion between Annie and Armin is cool (Isayama tease us with ships) and it's nice to see Armin admit that he's a traitor.

About the scenery scene:

Rumbling is the hell Eren was talking about to Falco, now we just need to see what lays beyond it. Also rip the idea of Eren pulling a lelouche and not killing any citizens

Edit:

Theory about the ending who is currently popular on the internet.

This is the official video for Akatsuki no Requiem from Linked Horizon (ED4).

Now look at it this way. The creature with feathers is young Eren, up to chapter 90. The bird in the cloak and near the graves is old Eren. The whole video is about how young Eren sees the memories of old Eren. Accordingly, we see rumbling, life after rumbling (wife and child) and Eren who apparently cries over the grave of his friends and... By the composition you can see that young Eren wants to kill/stop old Eren, but decides to throw away his weapon - an arrow, since sees "that scenery". A tree and a meadow full of flowers.

Kinoyama, Shingeki no Kino. I kneel

Edit 2:
:suresure::suresure::suresure:

this is what i mean, if this happen aot will be the greatest manga ever written.

those who think this equalize to being ok with genocide is clearly dumb and have a comperhension problem

Last edited:
I pray to whatever god is out there.....

that is for eren to win.

i dont think so, for me i think eren know that their shitty world,history, legacy, etc left eren with "this is either them or us" situation.
he know he is wrong but he also know that he needs to do this and take the blame all to himself

what do you mean? one piece is up there in term of fulfilling hype and leaving next to 0 plot hole.

i should have figure this is about power level lol. I wont debate this here
I disagree about OP fulfills the hypes, but i may discuss more of this in separate thread.

I dont mean it about powerlevel primarily, the story and character payoff in OP is closely related to powerups imo, thats why i also want powerlevel payoff alongside character payoff in OP. In AoT, this is far more complex with motivation and emotional dilemmas involved so there's even more payoff in the story turning points such as this. I hope Eren wins decisively as well btw.

I disagree about OP fulfills the hypes, but i may discuss more of this in separate thread.

I dont mean it about powerlevel primarily, the story and character payoff in OP is closely related to powerups imo, thats why i also want powerlevel payoff alongside character payoff in OP. In AoT, this is far more complex with motivation and emotional dilemmas involved so there's even more payoff in the story turning points such as this. I hope Eren wins decisively as well btw.
important distinction is one piece is a world driven story (like tower of god and hxh) and aot is a character driven story (like naruto and berserk ), the latter would be easier to provide complex character and equally complex characterization without it being too overly convoluted. While the world building in the world driven one is just on a different scale

Isayama at it again with the outstanding writing as always:crazwhat:My boy Eren in this chapter got the status of the second best protagonist of all time (the first place is Guts from Berserk):datas:Lolda need to get some tips from Isayama lmao:denzimote:Anyway, the death of the children is just... :jay-he:And Eren keep getting developed throughout the story even when he's on a rampage right now:eeke:And Annie and Armin:steef::sweat::sweat:My ships is sailing even more now:perocry:And the scene between adult Eren and kid Eren is very interesting to see, especially the comparison of the sky and hell. I like that:zehaha:Probably one of the best chapter so far especially with the hype and the power and emotion to pay-off:finally:

What i get from these latest chapters, is a big lesson for Eichiro Oda. That a hype, must be fulfilled by a pay-off. Attack on Titan create a hype, and follow it with such satisfactory display of power and emotion as a pay-off. The hype only happens every once in a while, but the author always makes sure that he pays each one with fair and actual plot point, or plot twist, or emotional or power portrayal or feat. This is a sign of a brave author not wanting to please everybody but instead sticking to his own path.
Still we have Ymir flashback that ruined almost whole concept in this manga...

N

NeutralWatcher

Since there's no spoiler thread for this I post it here.

From mangahelpers

Hange dies in this chapter. She sees the 104th corp in mid-death vision (I guess) who mourn her

Hange was burned to death. In a similar way as Armin. We see the 104th mourn her death. Onyankopon cries too. Levi says β€œLater, Hange.” They were on the plane and it succeeded to fly just in time thanks to Hange

Reddit link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/imb3nn