Attack on Titan - Chapter 138 : A Long Dream

ok so i had a little bit of time (sleeping) to decide on how i really feel about this
in my opinion this is not the worst chapter that couldve followed the complete garbage of 137, but its still not very good.
there are MANY problems with this, including:
1) how mikasa knew eren was in the mouth of his titan
2) why mikasa would even want to kill eren in the first place
3) if eren turned into a colossus titan, couldnt he technically turn back into his giant titan in a few seconds?
4) where did they get the thunder spears
5) why did mikasa kiss his severed head
6) why was it just erens head in the mouth of his titan? when eren transformed into the attack titan at the start of the manga it repaired his missing limbs, going by that logic turning into titan would regenerate all of his missing body parts instantly, right?

this isnt really a problem but its more of a prediction: to me it looked like ymir was going to approach mikasa/eren. my guess is that in the final chapter shes going to intervene and make them both survive or something. not really sure what itll mean for the rumbling but that is definitely a chance. i still stand by my prediction that the person in the leaked "final panel" is eren

this chapter kinda sucks, but it sucks less than the last chapter which is an improvement i guess. my disappointment iwth it is that its kind of short, and doesnt really convey very much. as such, its hard for me to really make an opinion on it at the moment, and i think i need the next chapter to really judge the events properly.

basically, need the next chapter to actually evaluate this

after thinking a little, i think the chapter might be shorter because yams needed a bit more time to make the final chapter. i expect the last chapter to be long i guess
Yeah, the last chapter will be a wrap up to everything that hasn't cover so far like Historia's baby for example. The chapter looks fine but I will just wait for now.

alright, so i read through the chapter again and there are a few more problems
1) since fucking when does falco have the power of scream?? it seems like falco has every ability possible now; he can scream people into titans, bite noobs and fly (hes much more unique than the other guy)
2) EVERYONE became titan??? i didnt even notice t hat the first time i read it but what the FUCK? everyone is fucking dead
2a) since everyone became titeni eren has literally ZERO reason for losing now. i could understand the thought process if everyone was still alive but now theyre effectively dead and titeni
3) the vision mikasa had motivates her to kill eren?? it makes no sense
3b) it also makes even less sense that eren is in the titan's mouth because LITERALLY every other titan (minus warhammer i guess) has been in the nape of its neck so wtf

Last edited:
Be honest I want to the see last chapter the way how Naruto becoming a hokage with putting his own though about all what happen, what all he do to became a hokage and what a most, what is mean for him to beeing a hokage. Would love to see a allround put up work to finish everything with Naruto own though.
yes, i agree with you again. I think that can improve the ending.

Anyway, i kinda like the alternate (what if) vision that mikasa has in this chapter, finished with her saying the dialogue that recalls back to first chapter

Fuck you Isayama fucking cunt

These bitch ass ungrateful traitors won? I didn't follow this series for 8 years for this shit ending. Shit i'm really upset rn

Eren winning and destroying the world would have been the best ending period.
Post automatically merged:

The worst part is that Gabitch didn't even get the most horrible way to die

Last edited:
Fuck you Isayama fucking cunt

These bitch ass ungrateful traitors won? I didn't follow this series for 8 years for this shit ending. Shit i'm really upset rn

Eren winning and destroying the world would have been the best ending period.

The worst part is that Gabitch didn't even get the most horrible way to die
the final panel with woman behind mikass might entail something else though, we can only hope woman intervenes

Mikasa is a necrophile, confirmed :whitepress:

Also I'm not convinced by Eren's plan of wiping out humanity... to achieve peace.
I mean, if anything it's a vindictive act to what happen to him, his mother and people.
I'm not sure how you go from there to thinking i'm going to achieve peace to my people by wiping every human being, even those thounds of miles away with no direct contact with Paradise or Marley.

Last edited:
more than 10 years later, my top manga ending is still pluto, but its really not at the scale of where AOT or OP was.
still salty.

Yeah it ended way better than naruto I guess..
but be honest, remember the feeling you get at chapter 121? its not here atm, ofc I am hoping 139 can turn this around.

Last edited:
For me it's Demon Slayer. Perfect throughout, and the ending was an emotional, and thrilling roller-coaster. Not the very last chapter though, it was just a pointless " characters if they were in the modern universe drivel", totally skippable. I'm still going to wait until AoT's final chapter to make a complete judgement call.