Attack on Titan - Chapter 138 : A Long Dream

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Mikasa and Armin fucking traitors masochists working together with the enemy. They need to die a painful death. Here I thought of Eren as one of the best-written characters and Isayama pulls fucking Fairy Tail ending. Fuck this manga if it ends like this. Armin and Mikasa don't deserve to live for what they did.

I know a lot of people on this forum are upset and are not going to agree with me on this one but I am going to share anyway. Armin and Mikasa did not become traitors or the enemy, it was Eren who became THE enemy. He turned the hate of the world to himself. One of his main goals was to save Armin and Mikasa, and to become free. He was so obsessed with being free that he became a slave to freedom. I suspect, that his actions were aimed at saving his friends and freeing Ymir (we still have one chapter left and hopefully it will be a good one). Eren's Ragnarok was never going to succeed anyway. It was pretty clear that he was going to be stopped.
It made perfect sense for Mikasa to kill Eren. She went against her own being, she was the only one that loved Eren so much. One of the main themes of this manga was people making decisions against their own desires and dreams for the sake of others. For example, Erwin never got to see the basement but sacrificed himself for the sake of future, Armin initially sacrificed his life (almost) against Colossal Titan even though his dream was to travel the world with Eren, etc.

Bottom line is for the most part themes in this manga are consistent and this outcome was predicted by many people. We still have 1 chapter left and it better be packed with information lol. Also, Isayama might purposely confuse his fans and make the chapter something that no one ever expected. He is the author after all and he can do whatever the heck he wants with his own work, and he does. Respect to him for that!

N

Noctis

Eren did such a poor job at ensuring his friends "live long happy lives"...but Eren was never strong at strategy lol

I am really sad for Jean. He was one of my favourite characters.
Connie and Jean accepted their fate so calmly....:catcry:
Well, what can you say, his so-called friends forced his hands... Like he wants them to live but if they are throwing their own lives protecting the people who were trying to kill them.

Eren made it very clear he won't steal his friend's freedom to do anything and their freedom was trying to save the world. It's on them.

Well, what can you say, his so-called friends forced his hands... Like he wants them to live but if they are throwing their own lives protecting the people who were trying to kill them.

Eren made it very clear he won't steal his friend's freedom to do anything and their freedom was trying to save the world. It's on them.
i dont really buy that he wouldnt do that though, he already beat the fuck out of armin earlier, i doubt he wouldnt try to stop them from fighting him and stuff. it seems like a contrivance that he wouldnt do anything to interfere with their freedoms, when he was dealing with other people who were trying to steal his freedom in such a violent and destructive manner

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Levi giving the order to abandon everyone, stayed true to his character to the end. Goated.

It's crazy to me that Falco was forced to abandon Gabi like that. Knowing full well he could have fit Gabi on his back, the same girl he was willing to die for. Purely an objective decision, no favourites were played here.

Mikasa and Armin fucking traitors masochists working together with the enemy. They need to die a painful death. Here I thought of Eren as one of the best-written characters and Isayama pulls fucking Fairy Tail ending. Fuck this manga if it ends like this. Armin and Mikasa don't deserve to live for what they did.
Stop crying lmao. This was always going to end a tragedy. That much was clear for years now.

Stop crying lmao. This was always going to end a tragedy. That much was clear for years now.
eren winning would also be considered tragic, but i think itd work a lot better with the overall theme of the story rather than an avengers style "good guys win bad guys lose" thing
Post automatically merged:

oh yeah i forgot to mention in the above replies: WTF HAPPEN TO GAS??
i mean after that huge fight with all of the titans up on the founder, everyone has to have like little to no gas left, right?
but no, levi and mikasa are just zipping around like theres nothing to be worried about
like COME ON DUDE

Alright guys, i found a Theory in Arabic & i'm gonna Translate it for you regarding Next Chapter (You can create a new Thread for it if you want, Tag me if you do so)

"We know that the Body of Eren got Separated from his Head after Gabi shot him but Adult Eren didn't appear in Paths Dimension since Chapter 122 till now! And in rest of Chapters, only Kid Eren appeared! So what does this mean?!

In fact, Adult Eren at beginning of Rumbling in Chapter 123, his Consciousness was inside the Head of the Founding Titan & he used it to Talk with Subjects of Ymir & explained what he is going to do & then he sent his Consciousness to his Body laying on Paradis Island, that's the reason why in Chapter 131, we saw Kid Eren in Paths Dimension while Original Head of Eren inside Founding Titan was Eyes Shut!
So basically Eren put Consciousness of Kid Eren in Paths Dimension while he returned to his Body in Paradis

This is why when Mikasa was attacking Eren's Head in Chapter 138, we saw that he Opened his Eyes only few moments ago cuz that was the Consciousness of Kid Eren who was Asleep under the Tree in First Chapter! So when Mikasa beheaded Eren in Last Chapter, that was when Kid Eren woke up scared in Chapter 1 & he said "I thought i saw a Long Dream"! which is same Title of Chapter 138

And to continue hinting, Kid Eren questioned why is Mikasa's Hair very Long?! Because he was dreaming about Adult Mikasa with Short Hair beheading him moments before he woke up. This all means that Adult Eren is still Alive & in Paradis & in Next Chapter, he will transfer his Consciousness back to the Paths Dimension so Ymir can Re-Create his Head, just like she did with Zeke before when he almost died against Levi.

After that, when Eren is fully back, he will go see Historia & touches her Child who have both Royal Blood & Inherited Beast Titan so that the Rumbling continues & then he breaks the Curse & wipe Memory of his People & holds Child of Historia that Ymir now possess & says "You're now Free" meaning Ymir is finally Free after being Prisoner in Paths Dimension for 2000 Years, which is what he promised her when they first met alongside Zeke"

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
eren winning would also be considered tragic
Hence "it was always going to end in a tragedy" , Eren and the rest of the shifters never had any future, Mikasa was never going to get a happy ending the moment we found that out.

but i think itd work a lot better with the overall theme of the story rather than an avengers style "good guys win bad guys lose" thing
Yea I mean if winning comes at the cost of literally everyone but the shifters' lives (who have limited time left anyway), pretty sure the theme of the story didn't go anywhere.

Still think this is not the "true" ending but we'll see.

Levi giving the order to abandon everyone, stayed true to his character to the end. Goated.

It's crazy to me that Falco was forced to abandon Gabi like that. Knowing full well he could have fit Gabi on his back, the same girl he was willing to die for. Purely an objective decision, no favourites were played here.

Gabi inhaled the smoke. I think it was too late for her. She would have transformed into a mindless titan on Falco.
Post automatically merged:

Hence "it was always going to end in a tragedy" , Eren and the rest of the shifters never had any future, Mikasa was never going to get a happy ending the moment we found that out.

Yea I mean if winning comes at the cost of literally everyone but the shifters' lives (who have limited time left anyway), pretty sure the theme of the story didn't go anywhere.

Still think this is not the "true" ending but we'll see.
Isayama did say once that he wanted to end AoT just like the movie Mist did. I had to google the end of the movie lol. It's pretty tragic if that's what he is going to do.

But I do have a feeling it will end on somewhat a positive note. I believe Ymir will play a role in that. The only person I always expected to survive is Levi. He is such a tragic character and he would be the only one from the 'old guard' to live...lonely, thinking about his old comrades.

Last edited:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Alright guys, i found a Theory in Arabic & i'm gonna Translate it for you regarding Next Chapter (You can create a new Thread for it if you want, Tag me if you do so)

"We know that the Body of Eren got Separated from his Head after Gabi shot him but Adult Eren didn't appear in Paths Dimension since Chapter 122 till now! And in rest of Chapters, only Kid Eren appeared! So what does this mean?!

In fact, Adult Eren at beginning of Rumbling in Chapter 123, his Consciousness was inside the Head of the Founding Titan & he used it to Talk with Subjects of Ymir & explained what he is going to do & then he sent his Consciousness to his Body laying on Paradis Island, that's the reason why in Chapter 131, we saw Kid Eren in Paths Dimension while Original Head of Eren inside Founding Titan was Eyes Shut!
So basically Eren put Consciousness of Kid Eren in Paths Dimension while he returned to his Body in Paradis

This is why when Mikasa was attacking Eren's Head in Chapter 138, we saw that he Opened his Eyes only few moments ago cuz that was the Consciousness of Kid Eren who was Asleep under the Tree in First Chapter! So when Mikasa beheaded Eren in Last Chapter, that was when Kid Eren woke up scared in Chapter 1 & he said "I thought i saw a Long Dream"! which is same Title of Chapter 138

And to continue hinting, Kid Eren questioned why is Mikasa's Hair very Long?! Because he was dreaming about Adult Mikasa with Short Hair beheading him moments before he woke up. This all means that Adult Eren is still Alive & in Paradis & in Next Chapter, he will transfer his Consciousness back to the Paths Dimension so Ymir can Re-Create his Head, just like she did with Zeke before when he almost died against Levi.

After that, when Eren is fully back, he will go see Historia & touches her Child who have both Royal Blood & Inherited Beast Titan so that the Rumbling continues & then he breaks the Curse & wipe Memory of his People & holds Child of Historia that Ymir now possess & says "You're now Free" meaning Ymir is finally Free after being Prisoner in Paths Dimension for 2000 Years, which is what he promised her when they first met alongside Zeke"
This is very plausible. Thanks for the translation. Someone should create a thread about this (Looking at you @RayanOO 👀)

I'm such a casual AOT fan I had to google "You're free now". First I heard of the final panel leak lol

How exactly Armin is a traitor? Who made Eren as leader of Eldia? Eren was Armin's friend or brother nothing less, nothing more.
Both Armin and Eren served to Eldia, so who give to Eren right to decide what is right and what is wrong?! Stop being hypocrates.