General & Others Balance of Powers of the Marines, Yonko and Shichibukai

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
This thread was long time coming and should have been made months ago. I suck at intros so getting straight to the point....

Let's of course, begin with Garp's statements

Balance of the THREE Powers, consisting of:
-Marines(hundreds of thousands lumped together as one)
-Shichibukai(7 individuals lumped together as one)
-Yonkou(4 captains and their crews lumped together as one)

2 of the world powers are allied together to counter balance the remaining world power, which are the yonko. It's pretty much basic grammar.

Common arguments against this notion:
-The yonko are disunited
-If the marines are that powerful, how come the yonko still exists?(will get to later)
--If the marines are that powerful, how come thry freak out when 2 emperors ally? (Will get to later)

The Yonko aren't united
-This is irrelevant. The Balance of Powers is something created, maintained and cared for by the Marines and WG. Garp's statements directly says that the 4 Emperors are together as a world power, and they are trying to counter balance said power.

The combined strength and influence of the 4 Emperors must be matched....influence being the main reason the Emperors have so much sway. Rob Lucci for example was the STRONGEST of CP9 but Spandam was the most POWERFUL. No matter how strong Mihawk is compared to an Emperor, he's nowhere near as powerful. The Kanji refers to the Yonko as the Great Politicians(credits to Den_Den_Mushi for the translation), bringing emphasis to their poltiical power or in other words....

INFLUENCE

Influence is an aspect of world building that gets overlooked. The Paramount War showed us this first hand the power of influence.

Sengoku was absolutely furious at WB for saying that by why? The Marines won.....they killed off the most famous pirate alive....defeated the crew of the strongest man....cause the spoils of that victory was tainted by WB's last words.
The victory of the Marines caused this:

And WB's speech caused this:

The Marines winning the war should have substancially increased their influence, demoralizing anyone from committing crimes but the influence of WB only convinced some people to become outlaws....it influenced pirates to pillage harder than before.

This isnt the first time something like this happened

The influence of the Pirate King was so great that it sparked an entirely new age of piracy. The Yonko influences events on a constant basis but on a lesser scale than Roger. As long as the yonko exists, people will believe that they can become successful outlaws.

The Shichibukai are no different.

Created to be weapons against the Emperors, what has to be their most defining trait?

The ones with the most influence.

Influence is also the main reason the WG is so reliant on cover ups
Failures can cripple the Marines' influence over the people.

They covered up the Rocks, making Garp the Hero of the Marines.

And Garp's influence over the marines was great enough to protect him from the Celestial Dragons.

Hell... Monkey D. Luffy himself showed us time and time again how powerful influence can be....from having Marines assist him to people becoming outlaws to become his crewmembers or grand fleet.

With influence out of the way, we can move on the final section about strength when it comes to the BoP.

"If the Marines are that powerful, how come they had such a hard time against the WBP? How come the Yonko still exists? Why do the Marines freak out about 2 Emperors allying?"

The answer to all these questions is simple: resources.

What is constantly overlooked is the fact that the Marines are the most vulnerable world power. Not only do they have to monitor the Shichbukai and the Yonkou, they have thousands upon thousands of other outlaws they have to deal with(just look at how much trouble the SHs and the Supernovas caused), they also have to deal with these guys

The Marines are grossly underpowered when it comes to total number of criminals in the world. They cant afford to waste any of their precious resources unless they have to. Even if they take out an Emperor, it would cause a power vacuum that the Marines cant control.

The only reason the Marines declared war on WB was because of Ace was the son of the Pirate King.

And what happened during this time? Kaido and Shanks, 2 Emperors, got involved

ID got raided and the escapees entered the war

These escapees weren't no joke either, as even WB didn't want them as enemies

3 of the shibukai fought against them(Jinbe, Hancock and BB)

A Supernova got involved

BB stole WB's powers(no image required)

All of these factors outside of the Marines' control, and they still achieved a one sided victory(only John Giant and Lonz were beaten). This alone shows just how powerful the Marines are and how much things can go wrong for them hence, the extreme caution and over-preperation. Intel is invaluable to them.

So obviously, just going after one Emperor requires lots of preparation and anything can go wrong. The Marines are always going to gun for overkill as to not lose resources, but that means leaving other countries and their HQ low on manpower, which they cant afford.

Even the Yonko have to deal with it.

Kaido, despite having the much stronger force, was freaking out about BM getting to Wano cause it could start a war(aka a loss of resources)

And a lone King almost caused the death of Emperor Big Mom; a prime example of how anything can go wrong.

WB had an ability that can easily sink islands. As such,

It's no wonder that they fear an Emperor allaince.

The Allaince between Emperors means that their influence and their ability to destory and absorb other crews would be insane. The Marines would have to expend a LOT of resources to surpress them and as it was stated before, leaves themselves wide open to ambushes.

This is why the Marines want the Emperors to remain at a deadlock while they, the Marines, increase their resources and influence.

However, the Marines never said that they CANT handle them.

The problem was the timing

Timing was a factor shown to us earlier

Once again, it was resource management hindering the Marines. Heck, the only reason BM and Kaido made contact at that time was because they knew the Marines had their hands full with the Reverie

But wait! One last thing...a popular one at that.

Orochi said the entire World Government cannot beat Wano solely because of Kaido....so without Kaido the WG wins? But Kaido was freaking about BM coming to Wano....what about the Marines statements on their ability to handle a Yonko Allaince? What about Oden almost beating Kaido and his crew? Orochi's statement is the only one that creates an inconsistency when taken at face value. Orochi was obviously being true to his character by thinking Kaido is invincible and cant be beaten. Its literally bo different from the hype the BMP gave Katakuri and the seats about Mingo.....

And we're finished....TL;DR, Marines+Shichibukai~Emperors combined. Postskip Marines alone~Emperors combined. It's not always about Yonko-Admiral power levels.....

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Good breakdown. You basically laid out what I've thought. Problem with a large swath of the fandom is they are too invested in the strength measuring contest between these super powers to consider the intricate circumstances that go into taking any action. There needs to be a reason for say the Marines/WG to wage war on each emperor.

Plus it only makes sense to fortify their strength in the case of a nightmare scenario where the emperors decided to work together. While also having some spare forces across the seas to keep regular pirates at bay.

Resource management and influence are key factors to consider not just for the WG, but the Yonko as well.

I have lost any interest in vs section, seeing how certain fans with selective bias would ignore even these high quality threads to push their own dishonest logic became stressful, and it's the main reason why i suggest you should just stop wasting effort. However i got tagged in this great thread just before that, incredible effort. Good breakdown showing how reading the actual story is more important than sidelining top tiers from each side seeing who wins. Resources and story matters more.

@Shiroyru do you have anything to mention about the points listed in the OP? despite this thread summarizing everything we need to know, i'm eager to hear both sides since you said Yonko disunited is a factor. Although i know what your answer would be already.

Great topic showcasing the balance of powers! I agree it is a very tough balancing act that the MarineHQ and WG tries to maintain. That's why they are desperate to stop anyone from uncovering the void history or finding One Piece. It not about power levels, it's about losing trust and support from the global populace which in turn, would eventually destroy the WG's influence on the world.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Before this topic will unavoidably turn into a shitfeast I’ll tell you good job and very good article.
Many people miss that the balance of power is something much more delicate than character/group A being stronger than character/group B.
Why you jinx it? But yeah that's what annoys me most. When goodnworld building and politics is constantly twisted for the power levels.

Good breakdown. You basically laid out what I've thought. Problem with a large swath of the fandom is they are too invested in the strength measuring contest between these super powers to consider the intricate circumstances that go into taking any action. There needs to be a reason for say the Marines/WG to wage war on each emperor.

Plus it only makes sense to fortify their strength in the case of a nightmare scenario where the emperors decided to work together. While also having some spare forces across the seas to keep regular pirates at bay.

Resource management and influence are key factors to consider not just for the WG, but the Yonko as well.
Glad you liked it. Its practically impossible to make the BoP about power levels without stumbling upon a mountain of contradictions.

I have lost any interest in vs section, seeing how certain fans with selective bias would ignore even these high quality threads to push their own dishonest logic became stressful, and it's the main reason why i suggest you should just stop wasting effort. However i got tagged in this great thread just before that, incredible effort. Good breakdown showing how reading the actual story is more important than sidelining top tiers from each side seeing who wins. Resources and story matters more.

@Shiroyru do you have anything to mention about the points listed in the OP? despite this thread summarizing everything we need to know, i'm eager to hear both sides since you said Yonko disunited is a factor. Although i know what your answer would be already.
This is made for you honestly lol. That last post of you saying that its stressful. I got annoyed as well and thought it was time a thread that some of us can always fallback on.

As I said above, it's impossible to make the BoP about power levels without contradictions. That's why I complied them all with the Orochi bit at the very end

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
A fantastic thread. The only thing I'll add before this thread inevitably turns into a shitfest,

The Marines objectively did not have that hard of a time against Whitebeard.

If we were to go back and analyze the war, we would discover that the only reason the Whitebeard Pirates even made it into the plaza at all was because of the assistance of Luffy and his faction, which included:

Luffy (defeated 2 Warlords)
Jinbe (ex Warlord)
Ivankov (head of the entire Grand Line operation for the Revolutionaries)
Hancock (basically lol) (Warlord)
Crocodile (Warlord)
Buggy (Pirate King)
and several others from Impel down.

Without the assistance of Luffy and his faction, the Whitebeard Pirates would've never made it past this:

Even Whitebeard himself was utterly powerless against this tactic:

The only reason that the Whitebeard Pirates were spared from death at all here (for whatever reason) was due to the interference of Jinbe and Luffy:

In which PIS is triggered and Akainu stops destroying their entire crew, for whatever reason lmfao.

You also must take into account that 5/7 Warlords present at Marineford, either actively did nothing to help the Marines against Whitebeard, or were actively sabotaging them.

You had Hancock attacking Smoker who almost instantly captured Luffy, destroying Pacifista, and otherwise hindering the Marines from capturing Luffy and his allies.

You had Mihawk, who pretty much gave up on every single opportunity that was presented to him.

You had Kuma, who triple teamed Oars and then seemingly was defeated.

You had Moriah, who triple teamed Oars and then seemingly was defeated.

You had Doflamingo, who triple teamed Oars, played around with Atomos, and otherwise spent the entire war just trolling.

These Pirates objectively contributed almost nothing to the overall goal of winning the war.

On top of that, were it not for Luffy and Mister 3, how the hell would the Whitebeard Pirates have saved Ace? The only one of them who got even close was Marco who got swatted away by Garp, who pretty much no one on the Pirates team aside from Luffy himself was getting passed, I can guarantee you that. Then if by some miracle, you had a Whitebeard Pirate make it past Garp, you had Sengoku waiting up top as the final defense with no way to actually rescue Ace without someone like Mr. 3.

So yeah, that's all I'll add. Great OP. The Marines were utterly bodying the Whitebeard Pirates. An entirely separate Yonko crew would've been needed to have a legitimate shot at saving Ace from the Marines by themselves, no Warlords needed.

Last edited:

Nothing about Garp saying “The Marines and Warlords counteract the Yonko” makes it impossible for the disunity of the Yonko to be a factor. It’s just one interpretation. You could interpret it as the power, teamwork, and organization of the Marines and Warlords balances out with the power, teamwork, and organization of the Yonko, with the Marines and Warlords compensating for their lack of sheer power compared to the Yonko with their much better organization and teamwork (which is nonexistent for the Yonko). You could interpret it as just the sheer power of the Marines and Warlords is equals to the sheer power of the Yonko, as in if you added up the doriki of all the Marines and Warlords, it would be equal to the sum of the doriki of every Yonko crew member.

I’m going with the latter interpretation because when you look at the math, Marines + Warlords = 4 united Yonko just doesn’t add up. Let’s assume that Admirals and Yonko are equal even tho I think that Yonko high diff Admirals, let’s use the Pre-TS Marines, Yonko, and Warlords since that’s when Garp said this, and let’s assume that Doffy and Jinbe help the Marines even though they would clearly side with Kaido and WB:

Whitebeard, Kaido, Big Mom, and Shanks = Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji, and Mihawk

Let’s be extremely nice to the Marines and say that it takes the entire Red Hair Pirates and the entire WB Pirates to take out Old Garp and Old Sengoku. This is complete nonsense since WB’s and Shanks’ top 3 should be more than enough, but let’s go with it.

Let’s say Doffy = King even though nothing puts him on YC1 level

Let’s say Kuma = Katakuri even though nothing puts him on YC1 level

Let’s say Hancock = Queen. Her being YC2 level is more believable than Doffy/Kuma being YC1 level, but it’s still, as of now, being generous to her.

Let’s say Crocodile = Smoothie. EXTREMELY generous for Crocodile.

Let’s say Jinbe = Jack. This actually could be possible depending on how Wano plays out, but this is pre-TS Jinbe and for now Jack looks superior.

This leaves Moriah, VAs and Doffy’s crew (other Warlord crews are garbage and not worthy of being mentioned amongst mid tiers) vs Cracker, Snack, BM’s Vets, Streusen, Flying 5, Kaido Jr, and Numbers. Let.’s say that these forces balance out even though I would say the Yonko side definitely wins.

Lastly we have the Marine fodders (RAs and below) and fodder Warlord crews vs BM’s 77 other children, Tamago, Pekoms, BM’s other non-children heavy hitters, Kaido’s headliners, Kaido’s 500 Gifters, Orochi, Oniwabanshu, Mimawarigumi, Orochi’s 10k men, Kaido’s 20k men, and Big Mom’s really large crew (probably around 100k, with the chess soldiers even being stated to be stronger than normal fodders). There’s no way that the Marines can cancel out this force. Rear Admirals are the strongest Marines here, and they’re even weaker than Maynard, who got low diffed by Barto.

Even with me being extremely generous by placing Warlords equal to people they’re clearly weaker than and even just completely discarding Shanks and WB’s crew (I doubt that even Old Garp and Sengoku together could take out 1 Yonko crew, so I basically just removed 1-1.5 Yonko crews), I still had to give the Yonko the edge. Marco + Jozu + Vista = Sengoku and Beckman + Roo + Yasopp = Garp would have been much more realistic, but even this is generous to the old duo. Let the rest of the WBP and RHP aid the BP and BMP and it’s clearly a stomp.

The split of interpretations for Garp's statement mostly were between these 2 :

1. "Marine HQ + 7 Warlords and crews ~ 4 Emperor crews combined/united ( this is the one i follow )

2. "Marine HQ + 7 Warlords and crews ~ Emperor crew ~ Emperor crew ~ Emperor crew ~ Emperor crew"

this came from the fact that the Emperor crews were disunited ( but still , as you mentioned it's only WG and Marines who made and care for balance , and the fact that they thought of only 3 powers existing instead of 6 disproved the 2nd interpretation

if Marines and WG thought of 4 Emperor crews as separate powers in balance , then there would have been 6 powers instead of 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------

And from Quantity perspective , it's hard for me to accept the interpretation that Marine HQ + 7 Warlords and crews were supposed to only balance out each Emperor crew/1 Emperor crew

Yes i think Warlords crews are actually included , because when you combine them , they are really big and look like 2 current Emperor crews ( Beasts Pirates and Big Mom Pirates ) , so i think this isn't a coincidence and 7 Warlords and crews were mean to counterbalance 1 Emperor crew

i already made the matchups between Marines vs Red Hair Pirates-Beasts Pirates-Blackbeard Pirates , and prime 7 Warlords and crews vs pre TS Big Mom Pirates

and when i finished and look at all of this below , it's really hard to even think the 2nd interpretation as something that's possibly true
Fujitora - Shanks
Chaton - Beckmann
John Giant - Lucky Roo
Tsuru - Yasopp
Doberman Onigumo Momonga Yamakaji Strawberry - 6 other Red Haired Pirates members
5 Marine Battleships and 5000 Soldiers vs Red Force and Soldiers

Ryokugyu - Teach
Sengoku - Shiryu Burgess Vasco
Momousagi - Avalo Pizarro Laffitte
Kizaru - the rest except San Juan
4 Marine Giants - San Juan Wolf
15 Battleships and 15.000 Soldiers vs 11 Blackbeard ships

Akainu - Kaido
Garp vs King Queen Jack
Smoker - 1 Flying 5 member
Dalmatian - 1 Flying 5
Stainless - 1 Flying 5 member
Bastille - 1 Flying 5 member
5 Marine Giants - 5 Numbers

Drake , Sentomaru , Bogard , 20 Pacifistas , Cancer , Mozambia , Comil , Maynard , Draw , Nazu Ketagari , Sicily , Akehende , Catacombo , Hina , Kadar , Kibin , Brannew , Daigin , Yarisugi , T Bone , Very Good , Shu , Sharinguru , Gorilla , Nezumi , Tashigi , Ripper , Glove , Helmeppo , Candre , 30.000 Marine Soldiers and 30 Battleships

- Mimawarigumi , Orochi Oniwabanshu ( 11 members ) Orochi , 2 other Orochi main men , regular Headliners ( Sheepshead , Ginrummy , Daifugo , Dobon , Solitaire , Babanuki , Holdem , Speed ) , 30.000 Soldiers ( Gifters Sarahebi Madilloman Alpacaman Mouseman Snakeman Rabbitman Gazelleman Batman etc. ) , Apoo , Scotch
Beasts Pirates Ships
Pre TS Prime 7 Warlords and crews vs pre TS Big Mom Pirates
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/og-warlords-and-crews-vs-big-mom-pirates.1836/
------------------------------------------------------------------

look at the quantity which Marine HQ and 7 Warlords and crews have ..... they do really have the quantity to match the quantity of 4 Emperor crews combined

just 1 Emperor crew is totally incapable of matching them in quantity

But how Whitebeard was sick , Jozu and Marco were distracted , and they were at turf disadvantage because they were at Marines home etc. were still being brought up , to dispute Marine HQ + 7 Warlords and crews ~ 4 Emperor crews combined/united

but if we look at the other side , Marine HQ and 5 Warlords also had disadvantages . like their plan of 7 Warlords seriously fighting WBP not working ( only 5 were present , and even then the 5 weren't doing much )

also the other 2 Warlords ( Jinbe and Teach ) ended up letting go of Warlords title and attacked Marines instead
( in Teach's case he was attacking WBP too though )

also WBP had unexpected allies from Impel Down .

the place of war being Marines' home also was Oda's way of nerfing the Admirals imo , as they actually have restrain themselves to not destroy parts of "Symbol of Justice" , because their most powerful attacks are destructive and huge

Aokiji and Kizaru only used Ice Age and big scale Yasakani No Magatama when they aimed on Law's submarine inside sea , on the Marineford plaza they never used them on Marco and Jozu

Aokiji vs Jozu on the plaza was really short though , it lasted like 1 chapter ( middle of 567 to middle of 568 ) . Marco and Kizaru on the plaza was even shorter , as at the end of 567 it hadn't yet started yet , and at the middle of 568 it was shown to be over

so this might've contributed too , to Aokiji and Kizaru not using their most powerful attacks on them

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Nothing about Garp saying “The Marines and Warlords counteract the Yonko” makes it impossible for the disunity of the Yonko to be a factor. It’s just one interpretation. You could interpret it as the power, teamwork, and organization of the Marines and Warlords balances out with the power, teamwork, and organization of the Yonko, with the Marines and Warlords compensating for their lack of sheer power compared to the Yonko with their much better organization and teamwork (which is nonexistent for the Yonko). You could interpret it as just the sheer power of the Marines and Warlords is equals to the sheer power of the Yonko, as in if you added up the doriki of all the Marines and Warlords, it would be equal to the sum of the doriki of every Yonko crew member.

I’m going with the latter interpretation because when you look at the math, Marines + Warlords = 4 united Yonko just doesn’t add up. Let’s assume that Admirals and Yonko are equal even tho I think that Yonko high diff Admirals, let’s use the Pre-TS Marines, Yonko, and Warlords since that’s when Garp said this, and let’s assume that Doffy and Jinbe help the Marines even though they would clearly side with Kaido and WB:

Whitebeard, Kaido, Big Mom, and Shanks = Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji, and Mihawk

Let’s be extremely nice to the Marines and say that it takes the entire Red Hair Pirates and the entire WB Pirates to take out Old Garp and Old Sengoku. This is complete nonsense since WB’s and Shanks’ top 3 should be more than enough, but let’s go with it.

Let’s say Doffy = King even though nothing puts him on YC1 level

Let’s say Kuma = Katakuri even though nothing puts him on YC1 level

Let’s say Hancock = Queen. Her being YC2 level is more believable than Doffy/Kuma being YC1 level, but it’s still, as of now, being generous to her.

Let’s say Crocodile = Smoothie. EXTREMELY generous for Crocodile.

Let’s say Jinbe = Jack. This actually could be possible depending on how Wano plays out, but this is pre-TS Jinbe and for now Jack looks superior.

This leaves Moriah, VAs and Doffy’s crew (other Warlord crews are garbage and not worthy of being mentioned amongst mid tiers) vs Cracker, Snack, BM’s Vets, Streusen, Flying 5, Kaido Jr, and Numbers. Let.’s say that these forces balance out even though I would say the Yonko side definitely wins.

Lastly we have the Marine fodders (RAs and below) and fodder Warlord crews vs BM’s 77 other children, Tamago, Pekoms, BM’s other non-children heavy hitters, Kaido’s headliners, Kaido’s 500 Gifters, Orochi, Oniwabanshu, Mimawarigumi, Orochi’s 10k men, Kaido’s 20k men, and Big Mom’s really large crew (probably around 100k, with the chess soldiers even being stated to be stronger than normal fodders). There’s no way that the Marines can cancel out this force. Rear Admirals are the strongest Marines here, and they’re even weaker than Maynard, who got low diffed by Barto.

Even with me being extremely generous by placing Warlords equal to people they’re clearly weaker than and even just completely discarding Shanks and WB’s crew (I doubt that even Old Garp and Sengoku together could take out 1 Yonko crew, so I basically just removed 1-1.5 Yonko crews), I still had to give the Yonko the edge. Marco + Jozu + Vista = Sengoku and Beckman + Roo + Yasopp = Garp would have been much more realistic, but even this is generous to the old duo. Let the rest of the WBP and RHP aid the BP and BMP and it’s clearly a stomp.
This is an example of people destroying world building for the sake of their power levels. This was said to you many times but you ignoring the balance of powers is based on your own personal power levels. You make up specific 1v1 scenarios, assume BM has 100k fighters like the Marines during the WBP war, and also give random numbers to the other Emperors. There is so much we dont know but you assume in the yonko's favor.

Garp directly said it's the 3 powers, not the 6 powers.

This is an example of people destroying world building for the sake of their power levels. This was said to you many times but you ignoring the balance of powers is based on your own personal power levels. You make up specific 1v1 scenarios, assume BM has 100k fighters like the Marines during the WBP war, and also give random numbers to the other Emperors. There is so much we dont know but you assume in the yonko's favor.

Garp directly said it's the 3 powers, not the 6 powers.
Why am I not allowed to make “specific” 1v1 scenarios to prove my point? Are you trying to say that the Marines teamwork and organization would make up for their lack of sheer power if they were to fight the Yonko? Also, it doesn’t get more fair than letting the 4 Yonko and 4 Admirals cancel each other out. The scenario I gave was HEAVILY in favor of the Marines since I let Old Garp and Sengoku cancel out 2 Yonko crews and I buffed up the Shichibukai, but the Yonko forces still look superior, so accusing me of manipulating the matchups in favor of the Yonko is absolutely ridiculous. The numbers for Kaido’s crew aren’t made up, it’s a manga fact. Same goes for BM’s children too. Considering that a fodder like Nussorte had command over 10k soldiers, I don’t think that it’s ridiculous to assume that the BMP have 100k soldiers. Heck, we’ve even seen that the SCs, Vets, and many other children have their own fleets

Imagine if someone said that the U.S. and Italy are equal in terms of power and influence while the U.S. was in the middle of a civil war. Obviously if both sides of the country united, the U.S. would be much more powerful than Italy

Whitbeard was insanely nerfed, his body couldn't properly function whiteout live sporting equipment with entire team of doctors taking care of him.

Marians straggling against an enemy who is almost dead, outnumbered by 90 to 1, extremely outgunned and has a disadvantage due to Marians using Ace as a way to not let Whitbeard go all out and destroy the entire island.
Whitbeared doesn't have his three strongest members of his crew:
1. Touch is dead
2. Blackbeard betrayed him
3. Ace has been captured and used in a way to restrain Whitbeard.
Even fack"ng Kaido attacked him before the war.
Marines used derty tricks to defeat Whitbeard and somehow Marians+Shichibukai=4 yonko combined?
There's a big theme in one piece of good guys being stronger than the bad guys, but bad guys win because they use derty tricks, examples are Kaido vs Oden, Whitbread vs Marians, WG vs ancient kingdom.

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Why am I not allowed to make “specific” 1v1 scenarios to prove my point? Are you trying to say that the Marines teamwork and organization would make up for their lack of sheer power if they were to fight the Yonko? Also, it doesn’t get more fair than letting the 4 Yonko and 4 Admirals cancel each other out. The scenario I gave was HEAVILY in favor of the Marines since I let Old Garp and Sengoku cancel out 2 Yonko crews and I buffed up the Shichibukai, but the Yonko forces still look superior, so accusing me of manipulating the matchups in favor of the Yonko is absolutely ridiculous. The numbers for Kaido’s crew aren’t made up, it’s a manga fact. Same goes for BM’s children too. Considering that a fodder like Nussorte had command over 10k soldiers, I don’t think that it’s ridiculous to assume that the BMP have 100k soldiers. Heck, we’ve even seen that the SCs, Vets, and many other children have their own fleets
Irrelevant. It was directly said that the 4 Emperors are together as one power. Our personal power level preferences doesnt change that. There were still marines scattered throughout the world so their full their numbers and weaponry is unknown. Making up numbers and creating 1v1 scenarios in favor of one side doesnt work.

Oda is not crossing every t and dotting every i. People should accept that. There is no magical equation, where X + Y = Z. Can we say it's largely the case where the Yonko and their armies and allies can fight Marine HQ + Shichibukai? Yes. But again, it's not gonna be 100% equal. He replaces Admirals and Shichibukai and Yonko all the time, with people not necessarily as strong/weak.

The Shichibukai aren't there to just fight the Yonko, but also "squash" new pirates. And the Yonko aren't largely "bad" for the WG, because they do the same thing, and keep a new PK from arising.

Irrelevant. It was directly said that the 4 Emperors are together as one power. Our personal power level preferences doesnt change that. There were still marines scattered throughout the world so their full their numbers and weaponry is unknown. Making up numbers and creating 1v1 scenarios in favor of one side doesnt work.
there one category but how are the dynamics of this category its the distrust amongst them and there rivalry so there are not one power

the WG at there full strength is higher
CP-0 shield to CD and even referred by mother caramel as one of the strongest powers wg has

4 admirals + Kong + Garp+ Senghok they 7 Admirals
as you pointed out they far outnumber the Yonkos
had the 7 Shichubukai now SSG

despite outnumbered the all 4 yonkos equal the WG might

That means one admiral=Yonko cant be true otherwise it wouldnt be any sense for them to relying on SSG
they 7 admirals plus the yonkos arent really allies but are at each enemies so crushing one yonko should be easy for them
but in Marineford we saw that the WG mobilized not only there 5 admiral warriors but also the Shichibukai plus planned an assassination against Whitebeard

this shows that the emperors gained many powerful warriors who are no fodders but are more than a match for any top class warrior the WG has

So two of the three powers belongs to the WG while other one power is divided and are in fact enemies even the marines hoped Kaido and BM would neutralize each other

In fact we have 5 fractions
one really big and 4 who are in a deadlock

Sakazuki didnt change the location of MF in the NW for nothing

What does it matter that the Emperors are considered '1 Power' when we know that the '3 Great Powers' are not even close to equal?
I also think so its prob the categorization in fact the yonko arent allied but stay neutral yet are each others enemy

Oda is not crossing every t and dotting every i. People should accept that. There is no magical equation, where X + Y = Z. Can we say it's largely the case where the Yonko and their armies and allies can fight Marine HQ + Shichibukai? Yes. But again, it's not gonna be 100% equal. He replaces Admirals and Shichibukai and Yonko all the time, with people not necessarily as strong/weak.

The Shichibukai aren't there to just fight the Yonko, but also "squash" new pirates. And the Yonko aren't largely "bad" for the WG, because they do the same thing, and keep a new PK from arising.
And Kaido in fact is the partner of the WG he sells them weapons

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
there one category but how are the dynamics of this category its the distrust amongst them and there rivalry so there are not one power

the WG at there full strength is higher
CP-0 shield to CD and even referred by mother caramel as one of the strongest powers wg has

4 admirals + Kong + Garp+ Senghok they 7 Admirals
as you pointed out they far outnumber the Yonkos
had the 7 Shichubukai now SSG

despite outnumbered the all 4 yonkos equal the WG might

That means one admiral=Yonko cant be true otherwise it wouldnt be any sense for them to relying on SSG
they 7 admirals plus the yonkos arent really allies but are at each enemies so crushing one yonko should be easy for them
but in Marineford we saw that the WG mobilized not only there 5 admiral warriors but also the Shichibukai plus planned an assassination against Whitebeard

this shows that the emperors gained many powerful warriors who are no fodders but are more than a match for any top class warrior the WG has

So two of the three powers belongs to the WG while other one power is divided and are in fact enemies even the marines hoped Kaido and BM would neutralize each other

In fact we have 5 fractions
one really big and 4 who are in a deadlock

Sakazuki didnt change the location of MF in the NW for nothing
The WG arent a factor. The THREE world powers are the marines, shichibukai and yonko. Garp said 2 of the world powers are allied against the remaining one.

The yonko being disunited of course plays a factor, as it keeps the yonko in a deadlock but the WG still needs the marines+shichibukia and rival their strength and influence combined as it convinces people to become an outlaw or not.

If the Marines+Shichibukai are only as strong a single yonko crew, how come they are still around when they are scattered across 170 countries?