Character Discussion Be Honest Do you like Luffys Character more Pre Or Post?

Do you like him more Pre or Post?

• Total voters
Luffys personality was only good up until alabasta. From mocktown to enis Lobby his personality fell and after enis Lobby luffy was a literal child. I never forget over a decade ago seeing luffy and chopper play on the sonny's swing and thinking omg. Luffy isn't the street tuff that we started the series with. His ears are no longer on his neck and he wasn't even an adult human anymore. He was like a girl in a mans body. It was sad but like 6 years later it was really bad when in dressrosa he said he didn't want to be a great man refused the alliance cup and informed the fans that he didn't like liquor. Now as bad as a pirate not liking liquor is I'm like "excuse me". You don't want to be great?

Is that why the series is mostly you sailing to an island and running around for 2 and a half years not doing anything piratey.

God Ward

Back When They Called Us Devils
I feel like he had a better head on his shoulder preTS - that conversation with Vivi in Arabasta comes to mind. PostTS, he doesn't have many displays of maturity and he's become more of a caricature of what someone would think Luffy is. However, I really liked the way he was made to handle Pedro's death. Him being the mature one in that situation was a breath of fresh air, and I wish there was more of that in Wano rather than just repeating the same phrases and stuff like "I have infinite chances".

I don't usually agree with pre vs post stuff, for me that's not a cutoff.

However, Luffy's pretty much never the most interesting character any more. He has some moments but the experience so largely depends on a shaky plot.