Best Deuteragonist Tournament Finals

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
I don't know how to explain it well but I was personally far more invested with Light than I was with L and that investment kinda dictates how I feel about both characters.
I understand what you mean, don't worry.

I understand that part 2 of Death Note sucked but I don't think you need an L level antagonist to make the story good. We could see how prior to getting into the thick of things with L, the show was still great with Raye Penber and his wife with the way Light took them out.
I wouldn't necessarily agree with this though. While the early parts were interesting, they were good for that stage of the story. As the scale of the story becomes bigger, and Kira's influence spreads, with the formation of Kira cults and supporters, and Kira being world-renowned, small fry doesn't cut it anymore. You need an equally or almost equally great force to oppose him in order for the story to be even more interesting, and L was that. That's why many dislike part 2 of Death Note. While it is undoubtedly still much better than most other manga out there, it isn't up to par with the peaks of Death Note that lasted as long as L was alive. Whilst Mello was interesting, he and Near, even together couldn't cut it.

The inclusion of an 'antagonist' such as L is what makes an already interesting story even more interesting and great. For me, Death Note is unmatched and will almost certainly never be toppled. The closest that came to it, again for me, was Naoki Urasawa's Monster, and next up would be Code Geass.

D

Dragomir

I understand what you mean, don't worry.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this though. While the early parts were interesting, they were good for that stage of the story. As the scale of the story becomes bigger, and Kira's influence spreads, with the formation of Kira cults and supporters, and Kira being world-renowned, small fry doesn't cut it anymore. You need an equally or almost equally great force to oppose him in order for the story to be even more interesting, and L was that. That's why many dislike part 2 of Death Note. While it is undoubtedly still much better than most other manga out there, it isn't up to par with the peaks of Death Note that lasted as long as L was alive. Whilst Mello was interesting, he and Near, even together couldn't cut it.

The inclusion of an 'antagonist' such as L is what makes an already interesting story even more interesting and great. For me, Death Note is unmatched and will almost certainly never be toppled. The closest that came to it, again for me, was Naoki Urasawa's Monster, and next up would be Code Geass.
You make a very good point about the show needing an antagonist that could match Light bar for bar to elevate the show to become great. I do gotta admit when I saw that Lind L. Taylor thing L pulled, my interest in Light vs L definitely grew. If you don't mind me asking, how can Death Note be unmatched and unbeatable for you if the second half of it was not up to par with the first half? Do you think in its entirety, it's still better than all mangas out there?

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
If you don't mind me asking, how can Death Note be unmatched and unbeatable for you if the second half of it was not up to par with the first half? Do you think in its entirety, it's still better than all mangas out there?
Certainly. Yeah I am not a big detractor of part 2. What I am trying to say is that part 2 of Death Note couldn't match part 1. Not that part 2 is bad, which it is not, just that it's not as good as part 1. However, even that part 2 is still, for me, better than most other manga out there. And when factoring in the entirety of Death Note, again for me, it cannot be matched. To put it into simple words, part 1 is perfect/amazing/etc, part 2 is good. But Death Note as a whole is amazing. The lower points, such as part 2, don't lower its overall standing, or at least not significantly.

Gol D. Roger

ศถษฆษ› ึ„ษจส€วŸศถษ› ำ„ษจีผษข
โ€Ž
Zoroโ€™s actually beating Griffith?
People don't always like complex stuff you see.
Post automatically merged:

L was good, Light was a GOAT
L is better IMO, but you can make an argument for Light as well. I don't really feel like shitting on Light to make L look better as I like them both, so let's just say they're both GOATS.

Kagu Nyan

โœจโœจโœจHibernation mode on ๐ŸŽต โœจโœจโœจ
โ€Ž
Dunno about Griffith and donโ€™t wanna vote for Zoro. Itโ€™s L for me.

I thought my character will go a long way but he had a bad luck. Oh well ;-;

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Next tourney is bet mentor :myman:
A mentor tournament sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind hosting that. And most shows, be it anime, series, etc, usually have more than one mentor figure so there's a wide variety of options.

Would you, who already participated in other tournaments be down for it?

Worst

Custom title
โ€Ž
Why not!

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
โ€Žโ€Ž
Yes!

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
โ€Ž
Let's go:shocking:

Iโ€™d be down

Iconic duos or Protagonist & Deuteragonist:
Sasuke and Naruto
Vegeta and Goku
Gon and Killua
Guts and Berserk

There's literally less Luffy and Zoro iconic moments or feats in the manga

Freaking Law has been more iconic with luffy since NW started than zoro

I'm at conviction arc in Berserk so don't really know much about Griffith and I do hate him for now. Giving it to Zoro :pepecorn:
Post automatically merged:

Yeah

SmokedOut

Life Is Good โœŒ๏ธ
โ€Ž
In

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
B

Ballel

Yes.
I already got one on my mind, sign me up!