Character Discussion Better portrayal: Marco vs Katakuri

Who?

• Total voters

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Katakuri was never matched Boundman in power, he countered boundman with FS.....stop with plot armor argument...that is get away line for someone who doesn't have any arguments....
Katakuri showed attacks that had same destructive power as Boundman if not more ( Zangiri mochi )
And yea, plot armor is real. Katakuri had so many chances to kill Luffy but hurr durr me noble and honorable

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Katakuri showed attacks that had same destructive power as Boundman if not more ( Zangiri mochi )
And yea, plot armor is real. Katakuri had so many chances to kill Luffy but hurr durr me noble and honorable
Is that the one that made a tiny crater that luffy got out of ? Yeah no nowhere near kkg.

And didnt kata even say luffy was seeing the same future as him

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
You realise this applies to every single opponent Luffy fought?

I guess Luffy was Weaker than Lucci in Thriller Bark
He was weaker lol
It is his tenacity that won not overall power. Lucci clearly had upper hand there
Post automatically merged:

Is that the one that made a tiny crater that luffy got out of ? Yeah no nowhere near kkg.

And didnt kata even say luffy was seeing the same future as him
Yea lets compare KKG a move that utterly destroys Luffy's body to an attack Katakuri can spam freely

And if Luffy was future just as good as Katakuri that fight would be way different. Luffy can only do that when absolutely focused. Meanwhile Katakuri was doing it while under barrage of Snakeman and countering it

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
He was weaker lol
It is his tenacity that won not overall power. Lucci clearly had upper hand there
I don’t know why people in this fandom equate “winning a fight” with “being stronger than an opponent” lol. Katakuri didn’t get truly serious against Luffy until the Snake Man fight, and even there Katakuri had the upper hand against Snake Man + FS lol.

The entirety of Luffy vs Katakuri pre-Snake Man, was Katakuri pretty much just flexing on Luffy lol. And that includes when Katakuri utterly mangled Bound Man, unlike Kaido who got completely trashed and then took himself a cheap shot lol. Katakuri is a far more skilled fighter than Slowdo of the Hundred Hostages.

HA001

Yes it is. It clearly is
And if you will say Luffy got out from it , i will also say that Katakuri got out of Snakeman's ultimate move and chose to fall down instead of killing luffy
Boundman power >>>>> snakeman

Macro fought everyone except Luffy the main character so that is not relevant

Macro himself would have also lost to the plot protected MC
People marco got put up against

Kizaru
Kuzan
Akainu
2 fruit blackbeard
Big mom

Person who kata got put up against
Wci luffy

Not even comparable.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I don’t know why people in this fandom equate “winning a fight” with “being stronger than an opponent” lol. Katakuri didn’t get truly serious against Luffy until the Snake Man fight, and even there Katakuri had the upper hand against Snake Man + FS lol.

The entirety of Luffy vs Katakuri pre-Snake Man, was Katakuri pretty much just flexing on Luffy lol. And that includes when Katakuri utterly mangled Bound Man, unlike Kaido who got completely trashed and then took himself a cheap shot lol. Katakuri is a far more skilled fighter than Slowdo of the Hundred Hostages.
I don't know why people find it hard to swallow that Katakuri is clearly better than Luffy and Luffy won with some insane plot armor and luck.

Katakuri for "Honour" even tho he a pirate chose to fucking stab himself and he still rekt Luffy

Boundman power >>>>> snakeman
Great, Katakuri stood up from Boundman attacks too. So whats your point?

HA001

I don't know why people find it hard to swallow that Katakuri is clearly better than Luffy and Luffy won with some insane plot armor and luck.

Katakuri for "Honour" even tho he a pirate chose to fucking stab himself and he still rekt Luffy

Great, Katakuri stood up from Boundman attacks too. So whats your point?
He took like 13 hits the whole fight. 1 kkg hed be dead

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
What ? Pre Udon Luffy isn't stronger than Kata.
Yes, He is

All we know is that all of WCI said that Katakuri losing to someone who defeated both Doflamingo and Cracker was impossible. Katakuri is far above the high tiers.
Does that prove not even those superior to Luffy can hit Katakuri?

Katakuri had to throw his first fight for Luffy to escape within an inch of his life lol. Chopper had to give Luffy emergency surgery, and Luffy had to rest for a week after fighting Katakuri.

Kaido himself only knocked Luffy out for roughly the same amount of time that Katakuri’s fake Gear 3 did lol. Luffy got up 20 minutes later and was soloing everybody with sea stone cuffs on after he faced Kaido lol.

Kuri would turn Luffy into a bloody stump on the dirt, then he would beat the fuck out of Kaido and use Kaido’s mangled corpse to mop up Luffy’s remains.
The only reason Kuri even dominated Luffy is because Luffy is severely lacking in COO which improved drastically by the time Luffy entered Wano. Luffy with proper control over FS would murder would've murdered Kuri even back at WCI.

I don't know why people find it hard to swallow that Katakuri lost the fight and then come up with "plot armor" or any other bullshit excuses just because it is hard to swallow pill for Katakuri fans....that fight was meant for Luffy "surpassing" Katakuri and it doesn't matter whether Oda conveyed properly or not, ultimately winning that fight means surpassing Katakuri...just because it is hard for them to face reality, they will warp the reality to their convenience that is not written in One piece just to pacify their salty mind....:suresure:....anyways, whatever helps them sleep peacefully at night....:goyea: