Black Clover - Chapter 280 - Surging Disaster

Rate the chapter!!!

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Damn. This was arguably the best chapter since the Spade Arc began. So many hype developments happening, but most important is that I think Asta is about to defeat the Clover Demon in a similar manner to the way that Lumiere did, paralleling himself with the First Wizard King.

Also, Nacht is putting an enormous amount of faith in Asta. My boi is about to come back into the story swinging lol.

Fantastic chapter.

Gol D. Roger

ศถษฆษ› ึ„ษจส€วŸศถษ› ำ„ษจีผษข
โ€Ž
So...this chapter upset me.

Not because it was bad or anything. It was fantastic actually.

But rather it's that the way the flow of the story is going...it really looks like they're setting up Yami to die.

I pray I'm wrong. Yami is like 90% of the reason I enjoy this manga.

But when I look at everything thats been done so far, having Asta pick up Yami's sword which has symbolic meaning in japan of carrying on the will of someone, having Nacht see Yami in him when he was training, and lastly their tag team fight they had against one of the Dark Triad which when looking back on it can be seen as a final farewell send off for the character.

Then the flow of this fight shifting to the dark route just makes it seem like we're headed for a tragic ending here.

All of this together suggests(at least to me) that they're setting up Asta to step up into Yami's role as the leader of the Black Bulls. Which is why Nocht has also pushed the notion that after this Asta will be the strongest. Asta no longer needs the guidance of his mentor Yami so the author is removing him from his role.
You summed up my thoughts exactly. I have this feeling ever since Asta inherited Yami's sword:josad:

You summed up my thoughts exactly. I have this feeling ever since Asta inherited Yami's sword:josad:

I have feeling that yami will die in end of this arc but we don't want him to die when Charlotte confess her feeling to yami like how she felt about him. I want Charlotte get death thrust by yami with their honeymoon lmfao๐Ÿ˜ญ

:whitepress:I don't think Tabata didn't have to kill him off in this arc because you know sumthing called PLOT ARMOR!

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
but most important is that I think Asta is about to defeat the Clover Demon in a similar manner to the way that Lumiere did, paralleling himself with the First Wizard King.
Do you think it will be as flashy as this one?:

Also, Nacht is putting an enormous amount of faith in Asta. My boi is about to come back into the story swinging lol.
Oh, man. Let's hope Nacht didn't miscalculate on Asta's part as he did with the Qlipoth Devils.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Probably similar lol. Eventually Tabata has to introduce Asta as a Wizard-King-like being within Black Clover, and thereโ€™s never been a better time than now.

Oh, man. Let's hope Nacht didn't miscalculate on Asta's part as he did with the Qlipoth Devils.
I donโ€™t think he did.

As many gripes as I have with Nacht, he isnโ€™t stupid and is very knowledgeable on the Devils and their power levels and such. If Nacht says that the Clover has no hope without Asta, then I believe him lol.

Though of course, Asta showing up wonโ€™t completely turn the tides, we are still in for a monstrous battle either way, especially when Megicula and Lucifero and the others show up.

Oh and btw, Lilith and Naamah ay? Iโ€™m alright with that lol. Was that an Ice attack that Lilith hit Jack with?

Seth

โ€Ž
Oh and btw, Lilith and Naamah ay? Iโ€™m alright with that lol. Was that an Ice attack that Lilith hit Jack with?
Teah, people colorize them and it looks like one hand of Lilith is some Ice related and Naamah Fire related:

Probably similar lol. Eventually Tabata has to introduce Asta as a Wizard-King-like being within Black Clover, and thereโ€™s never been a better time than now.
From what it looks like the next power-up Asta will receive will be some Anti-Magic Armor.

I can already imagine. Like at the beginning of the Lumiere video. The Demon God being will shoot a laser beam at the Clover Capital and Asta will eat it with his Armor:steef:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Teah, people colorize them and it looks like one hand of Lilith is some Ice related and Naamah Fire related:
That coloring is freaking sick. The Black Clover community has badass colorers lol.

The Demon God being will shoot a laser beam at the Clover Capital and Asta will eat it with his Armor
I wonder if itโ€™s a coincidence that Lumiere fought with light swords, and Asta has been slowly increasing his abilities with anti magic swords. Iโ€™m imagining Asta raining down Giant anti magic swords from the sky or some shit lol.

Last edited:

Seth

โ€Ž
That coloring is freaking sick. The Black Clober community has badass colorers lol.
Yeah, fr man. Peep TT whenever some cool ass panels are in the chapter.

Iโ€™m imagining Asta raining down Giant anti magic swords from the sky or some shit lol.
Dunno if he could replicate a giant sword falling from the sky but I have something that you are going for and it happened in the opening 11:

--->1:15:cheers:

Yeah, fr man. Peep TT whenever some cool ass panels are in the chapter.

Dunno if he could replicate a giant sword falling from the sky but I have something that you are going for and it happened in the opening 11:

--->1:15:cheers:

What if asta pull giant black divide and slice down at demons god like Split it half.

:myman:

:whitepress:I don't think asta use 100% devil union yet because He had to do it in spade kingdom after He finish fight demons god at his village hage in clover kingdom.

Seth

โ€Ž
What if asta pull giant black divide and slice down at demons god like Split it half.

:myman:

:whitepress:I don't think asta use 100% devil union yet because He had to do it in spade kingdom after He finish fight demons god at his village hage in clover kingdom.
We will see.

100% union is not a huge deal. The question is for how long can he keep up going 100% with maintaining his form.

Seth

โ€Ž
Great chapter.
Who is this big demon? Wasn't it Licht 500 years ago?
The same one that Mereoleona fights at the moment. There is no way they are close to Demon God Licht.

They might be from some mass production factory created by Triad and Morris.

Seth

โ€Ž

@Admiral Lee Hung
Btw. Do you think Lumiere used Ultimate Light Magic for that final spell that killed off Demong God Licht?

It looks like it. Pages from his Grimoire left the book and went to the sky. ( Maybe it was ever stronger than Ultimate Magic since this type of magic shouldn't require you to sacrifice urself ).