Manga Discussion Blue Lock

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters
Started catching up with the manga from where the anime left off. Just finished the U-20 vs Blue Lock match

Man this shit is over the top, but there's some peak art

@Sebastian Michaelis I'm caught up, you can put me on the tag list:endthis:

What I like about BL:
- great cast of characters - virtually everyone gives you a reason to root for them
- amazing art - every aspect of it from the paneling, character designs, to the fluidity
- mostly exciting matches and stakes

Dislike:
- the unironic homoeroticism - recently Ness has been the biggest culprit, but usually it's Reo and Nagi. I'm expecting BL's version of Kaneki and Touka's chapter in the near future, but gay.
- repetitive story beats - 1. Isagi is the underdog. 2. His oponent sees something he can't. 3. Isagi's team loses. 4. Puzzle scene. 5. Isagi turns it around and is now on the same level. 6. Next match comes and we are back to square one.
- the nicknames - bruh...does every motherfucker need to come up with some passive agressive/active agressive nickname. "Naked king" this, "princess something" that, "prodigy something" this, ad nauseam.

Overall, the series is enjoyable and has its cons like any other. Though I might wait for some chaoters to accumulate before reading because binging matches is way more fun.

Favorite characters (in order):
- Nagi
- Isagi
- Hiori
- Barou
- Karasu
- Bachira
- Rin

Favorite match is probably still the BL vs U-20s.

Also, Ness is fucking annoying and I hope he gets crippled soon.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Yeah I hope he will score
He has to. Or he's getting laughed at ngl.

an other point : I feel like every time the pro player of the opposite team is taking too much place and us too important in the game if his team.
Noa is much more in the back and it’s good.
Yeah tho tbf we're only seeing them against Bastard. They probably do the same against other teams but since it's Bastard the author has to make them stand out too.