Manga Discussion Blue Lock

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
I really like the concept of this manga and it's executed very well. Although I still stand by "Vision" being too big of a hack in the show. It bypasses the laws of logic too hard, Isagi is not a speedster and doesn't have a very convincing build so the author uses "Vision" as a hack for him to be able to keep up but by the end of catching up with the NEL arc I noticed that even Isagi starts saying that he needs a better body and more stamina to use his abilities so I hope he goes thru that kind of development.

Isagi also needs a breakout moment I think, this might be surprising since technically he had a lot of those or we can call them "level ups" but he still assists too much. I know that a few times he was simply interrupted or stopped in his tracks which led to assists but I think he needs a breakout moment. I hope the Ubers game will be for that, him showcasing his Ultimate Ego on Barou's eyes might be glorious.

I also like one thing, it is not as obvious as people may think but Ego is actually a caring guy, he couldn't do that before because he needed to remove the lacking pieces. He suggested a role swap to Gagamaru and I think a lot of guys will simply swap their roles and go along with them instead of dropping out of the project.

Bachira and Chigiri are 120% on their route to be Wingers. Or Chigiri Winger and Bachira Midfielder.

This is why Isagi needs a breakout moment, even tho he scores, he is totally Midfielder material.

Ego being Noa's rival was surprising but I was hoping something like this would occur, at first I thought he would be just a failed Japanese star or something like that, we need a little flashback on it.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
I really like the concept of this manga and it's executed very well. Although I still stand by "Vision" being too big of a hack in the show. It bypasses the laws of logic too hard, Isagi is not a speedster and doesn't have a very convincing build so the author uses "Vision" as a hack for him to be able to keep up but by the end of catching up with the NEL arc I noticed that even Isagi starts saying that he needs a better body and more stamina to use his abilities so I hope he goes thru that kind of development.

Isagi also needs a breakout moment I think, this might be surprising since technically he had a lot of those or we can call them "level ups" but he still assists too much. I know that a few times he was simply interrupted or stopped in his tracks which led to assists but I think he needs a breakout moment. I hope the Ubers game will be for that, him showcasing his Ultimate Ego on Barou's eyes might be glorious.

I also like one thing, it is not as obvious as people may think but Ego is actually a caring guy, he couldn't do that before because he needed to remove the lacking pieces. He suggested a role swap to Gagamaru and I think a lot of guys will simply swap their roles and go along with them instead of dropping out of the project.

Bachira and Chigiri are 120% on their route to be Wingers. Or Chigiri Winger and Bachira Midfielder.

This is why Isagi needs a breakout moment, even tho he scores, he is totally Midfielder material.

Ego being Noa's rival was surprising but I was hoping something like this would occur, at first I thought he would be just a failed Japanese star or something like that, we need a little flashback on it.
Chigiri is a winger now tbf. And he's Deffo gonna roll there ngl. Same for Bachira. Everyone went where they needed to improve the most. Chigiri was a beast in the game.

Yeah we prolly will get a flashback on that sometime soonish.

Seth

โ€Ž
Chigiri is a winger now tbf. And he's Deffo gonna roll there ngl. Same for Bachira. Everyone went where they needed to improve the most. Chigiri was a beast in the game.

Yeah we prolly will get a flashback on that sometime soonish.
Prince being there is probably a God's gift to Chigiri. He noticed that Chigiri's leg got stronger so it might be that his leg healed and is stronger than it was before. + His whole training regime maximizes the use of your body while keeping it safe. Fucking amazing.

What are your thoughts about what I said regarding Isagi and vision?

As things stand right now I can't see Isagi becoming the #1 Striker.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Prince being there is probably a God's gift to Chigiri. He noticed that Chigiri's leg got stronger so it might be that his leg healed and is stronger than it was before. + His whole training regime maximizes the use of your body while keeping it safe. Fucking amazing.

What are your thoughts about what I said regarding Isagi and vision?

As things stand right now I can't see Isagi becoming the #1 Striker.
As long as he can level up physically I think it's achievable. He'll prolly get some other boosts as well tho.

Seth

โ€Ž
As long as he can level up physically I think it's achievable. He'll prolly get some other boosts as well tho.
Isagi went thru a lot of level-ups recently and surpassed people left and right. I think some Ego testing moment coming soon.

I can see something crushing Isagi for a moment to make him develop. There is a possibility he won't be a starter for the U20 World Cup arc but still make the team as a sub.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Isagi went thru a lot of level-ups recently and surpassed people left and right. I think some Ego testing moment coming soon.

I can see something crushing Isagi for a moment to make him develop. There is a possibility he won't be a starter for the U20 World Cup arc but still make the team as a sub.
Idk. The author is clearly wanking him lmao. He might catch up to Kaiser in scoring fr.

Seth

โ€Ž
Idk. The author is clearly wanking him lmao. He might catch up to Kaiser in scoring fr.
Too early. I can see some of the BL lads reaching the New Gen XI area of levels during the U20 World Cup.

The author must keep some consistency, even tho he picked up the best among the best he can't raise their level so rapidly. They can't surpass the amount of work and talent the New Gen XI put in over the years so quickly and easily.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Too early. I can see some of the BL lads reaching the New Gen XI area of levels during the U20 World Cup.

The author must keep some consistency, even tho he picked up the best among the best he can raise their level so rapidly. They can't surpass the amount of work and talent the New Gen XI put in over the years.
It'll be interesting to see who else is part of it. So far if I am not mistaken only 3 people are revealed. Sae, Kaiser and Don.

Seth

โ€Ž
It'll be interesting to see who else is part of it. So far if I am not mistaken only 3 people are revealed. Sae, Kaiser and Don.
Loki is a wild card, I've seen people online argue that he is on the Main Team level so he is above them but I think it's about the age and talent. He is younger than Isagi. I don't see why he wouldn't be a part of the New Gen XI tbh.

We didn't get anything such as hierarchy for them so they are pretty much the same level but excel in different aspects of the game like Goalkeeper, Defenders, Midfielders, and Forwards.

Although something tells me that New Gen XI might have their "Ace" and it won't be Kaiser. It will be the guy who made Sae change his mind.

Btw. What do you think about Sae? Do you think his Ego was crushed? I think that's not the case, admitting someone is more spectacular than you don't seem to be a problem to him ( Sae x Rin flashback ) he maybe saw a guy who has bigger potential than him ( it will be an Ace Striker from Real Madrid ) and maybe gradually Sae found more pleasure in playmaking. He still scores goals in Real tho.

If he got his dream crushed and is still part of the New Gen XI then Sae is the most busted mfker in Blue Lock ever.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Loki is a wild card, I've seen people online argue that he is on the Main Team level so he is above them but I think it's about the age and talent. He is younger than Isagi. I don't see why he wouldn't be a part of the New Gen XI tbh.

We didn't get anything such as hierarchy for them so they are pretty much the same level but excel in different aspects of the game like Goalkeeper, Defenders, Midfielders, and Forwards.

Although something tells me that New Gen XI might have their "Ace" and it won't be Kaiser. It will be the guy who made Sae change his mind.

Btw. What do you think about Sae? Do you think his Ego was crushed? I think that's not the case, admitting someone is more spectacular than you don't seem to be a problem to him ( Sae x Rin flashback ) he maybe saw a guy who has bigger potential than him ( it will be an Ace Striker from Real Madrid ) and maybe gradually Sae found more pleasure in playmaking. He still scores goals in Real tho.

If he got his dream crushed and is still part of the New Gen XI then Sae is the most busted mfker in Blue Lock ever.
Yeah I am surprised Loki wasn't revealed as a member yet.

Imo the guy who 'crushed' Sae was Luna who seems like the Ace of RM and Spain
You see above how he belittles the Blue Lock members. He might have done the same to Sae and shown him the difference between the two which caused Sae to switch to MF.

Yeah Sae is busted lol.

Last edited:

Seth

โ€Ž
Yeah I am surprised Loki wasn't revealed as a member yet.

Imo the guy who 'crushed' Sae was Luna who seems like the Ace of RM and Spain
You see above how he belittles the Blue Lock members. He might have done the same to Sae and shown him the difference between the two which caused Sae to switch to MF.

Yeah Sae is busted lol.
My only problem with Luna being the catalyst for Sae's switch-up is the fact that his lad is 28 years old. He also specifically mentions that Sae made a name for himself in the Real's second team. It logically makes no sense for Luna to be the one to "crush" Sae's dream.

I will still bet on the Ace of New Gen XI to be that guy. Maybe Luna has a brother just like Sae and he is Sae's age and in the 2nd team too?

The author doesn't shy away from sibling rivalries/siblings playing the same game.

ps. To add up on Luna, it makes no sense for him to be a crusher. Let's say Sae will peak at 24 years old or something like that. Let's assume that. Luna will be 34 years old and he won't get any better.

Also to support this even more, Luna wasn't invited to the NEL. I assume Ravinho must be number one in Spain which is why Barca was invited not Real.

Also, Loki was in the World's Five too and we know who is above him.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
My only problem with Luna being the catalyst for Sae's switch-up is the fact that his lad is 28 years old. He also specifically mentions that Sae made a name for himself in the Real's second team. It logically makes no sense for Luna to be the one to "crush" Sae's dream.

I will still bet on the Ace of New Gen XI to be that guy. Maybe Luna has a brother just like Sae and he is Sae's age and in the 2nd team too?

The author doesn't shy away from sibling rivalries/siblings playing the same game.

ps. To add up on Luna, it makes no sense for him to be a crusher. Let's say Sae will peak at 24 years old or something like that. Let's assume that. Luna will be 34 years old and he won't get any better.

Also to support this even more, Luna wasn't invited to the NEL. I assume Ravinho must be number one in Spain which is why Barca was invited not Real.

Also, Loki was in the World's Five too and we know who is above him.
Yeah his age and the fact that he's wearing number 2 might point in that direction. A striker should be wearing number 9 imo. It's likely that he might have a brother or something like that. Or they might not be connected at all bar playing together in RM.

I forgot Luna is 27 lmao. So yeah. Ravinho seems to be the Ace in Spain.

So yeah another player from RM is probably gonna be the ace of New Gen XI and the ace of RM.

Hype
:steef:

Who is above Loki?

Seth

โ€Ž

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
The Number One. Noel Noa.

I thought you meant someone in PXG lol.

Uber hype.

Do you think Lorenzo or maybe even Aiku ( assuming the author wants to develop him, he seems to be a fan favorite ) will stop the Kaiser Impact?
Lorenzo for sure. He already kinda did it in the first appearance and Kaiser's reaction seemed to have hinted that Lorenzo stopped him before and successfully

Seth

โ€Ž
I thought you meant someone in PXG lol.

Lorenzo for sure. He already kinda did it in the first appearance and Kaiser's reaction seemed to have hinted that Lorenzo stopped him before and successfully
Kaiser telling someone that his behavior about treating people as money has to be the funniest shit this mfker said LMAO.

Lorenzo's posture is crazy, I think the author went off the rails a bit with it, he should have a bit more muscle mass.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Kaiser telling someone that his behavior about treating people as money has to be the funniest shit this mfker said LMAO.

Lorenzo's posture is crazy, I think the author went off the rails a bit with it, he should have a bit more muscle mass.
LMAO. Lorenzo has been a fun edition.

Well his whole schtick is being a zombie so this works. He is goofy tho but cool too.

Seth

โ€Ž
LMAO. Lorenzo has been a fun edition.

Well his whole schtick is being a zombie so this works. He is goofy tho but cool too.
Yeah, he's fun. Kaiser finally looks annoyed not counting Noa belittling him like a puppy:milaugh:

What's the deal with the chapter releases? When do Spoilers and Chapters arrive for BL?

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Yeah, he's fun. Kaiser finally looks annoyed not counting Noa belittling him like a puppy:milaugh:

What's the deal with the chapter releases? When do Spoilers and Chapters arrive for BL?
It doesn't really have a consistent date. One chapter comes out today, the next one in 5 days but then the next one in like 9 days lmao. Depends on the scanlation team. I'll be here to tag people with the new chapter tho.

I think we got a nice group now

@Light D Lamperouge @Seth @djiayebee @Peroroncino @Tobra @Cream filled donut7 @Seven7 @Arondight @zenox @Yelan

Let me know if you don't wanna be on the tag list or are not caught up.

Spoilers usually on like Friday/Saturday I think.

Last edited:

spoilers are friday/Saturday, scans depend
It doesn't really have a consistent date. One chapter comes out today, the next one in 5 days but then the next one in like 9 days lmao. Depends on the scanlation team. I'll be here to tag people with the new chapter tho.

I think we got a nice group now

@Light D Lamperouge @Seth @djiayebee @Peroroncino @Tobra @Cream filled donut7 @Seven7 @SmokedOut @Rurushu @Arondight @soheilhazrat @Wulsam @Hereforthesalt @zenox

Let me know if you don't wanna be on the tag list or are not caught up.

Spoilers usually on like Friday/Saturday I think.
yeah this thread kinda dead so it needs some activity

blue lock might need a campaign like sakamoto days