Chapter Discussion Bonney is about to find out about "Nothing Happened" in Trillerbark

Bro, read the page i just posted lmao.

Yes, he did think so. Physical pain hes endured (think about how much shit Kuma has been through) would absolutely kill her.

The point is, those memories are exactly what hes trying to keep her from finding out. They wont kill her lmao, she literally says it on the page....
You need to look at the build up of the scene has a whole. It's running in conjunction with what is currently happening to Kuma. Right now Kuma is suffering while desperately trying to climb the Redline, while at the same exact time, the scene is playing out where Bonney is about to touch his memories. Just look at the close up panel of Kuma's face, as Bonney is about to touch the bubble.

Remember, Kuma initially flat out told Vegapunk that he wouldn't give him his memories, because it was too personal. That means something must have happened to Kuma that changed his mind, and made him want to give up his memories. Vegapunk has even been going as far as telling Bonney that he swore to Kuma he'd never tell her the reason he gave up his memories. Kuma didn't do this for the sake of science. Memories hold the pain of emotional trauma. A very reasonable explanation as to why Kuma would give up his memories, when at first he was against it.

You need to look at the build up of the scene has a whole. It's running in conjunction with what is currently happening to Kuma. Right now Kuma is suffering while desperately trying to climb the Redline, while at the same exact time, the scene is playing out where Bonney is about to touch his memories. Just look at the close up panel of Kuma's face, as Bonney is about to touch the bubble.

Remember, Kuma initially flat out told Vegapunk that he wouldn't give him his memories, because it was too personal. That means something must have happened to Kuma that changed his mind, and made him want to give up his memories. Vegapunk has even been going as far as telling Bonney that he swore to Kuma he'd never tell her the reason he gave up his memories. Kuma didn't do this for the sake of science. Memories hold the pain of emotional trauma. A very reasonable explanation as to why Kuma would give up his memories, when at first he was against it.
Im not sure what any of this has to do with what i just said lol.

The difference between physical pain and memories is highlighted in the chapter

So why shouldnt I, the reader, assume Vegapunk wasnt trying to lie to Bonney and protect her from touching it with respect to physical pain? Its clearly the case since she says its not pain on the following page.

Anyway, semantics. I know what you are trying to say about emotional pain and trauma, and memories have those, but the chapter really doesnt mention this outside of shielding Bonney from the truth about his memories.

Regardless, next chapter definitely is something Oda has wanted to for a long time, explain Kuma's motivations.

Im not sure what any of this has to do with what i just said lol.

The difference between physical pain and memories is highlighted in the chapter

So why shouldnt I, the reader, assume Vegapunk wasnt trying to lie to Bonney and protect her from touching it with respect to physical pain? Its clearly the case since she says its not pain on the following page.

Anyway, semantics. I know what you are trying to say about emotional pain and trauma, and memories have those, but the chapter really doesnt mention this outside of shielding Bonney from the truth about his memories.

Regardless, next chapter definitely is something Oda has wanted to for a long time, explain Kuma's motivations.
Vegapunk tells Bonney that he can't divulge the information as to why Kuma gave up his memories, because it would only serve to "hurt her". He even goes as far as to say that the whole thing was hard on him, and even he wishes he could forget the entire thing.

So we should infer, that he's not lying when he tells her that the bubble is filled with pain. It's just not the type of pain, we the readers witnessed first hand back during Thriller Bark. If the truth would only hurt Bonney, and even Vegapunk wishes to forget it, then we should assume, that linked to that bubble of memories, is a very traumatic event that took place. A different type of pain, but a pain none the less.

Vegapunk tells Bonney that he can't divulge the information as to why Kuma gave up his memories, because it would only serve to "hurt her". He even goes as far as to say that the whole thing was hard on him, and even he wishes he could forget the entire thing.

So we should infer, that he's not lying when he tells her that the bubble is filled with pain. It's just not the type of pain, we the readers witnessed first hand back during Thriller Bark. If the truth would only hurt Bonney, and even Vegapunk wishes to forget it, then we should assume, that linked to that bubble of memories, is a very traumatic event that took place. A different type of pain, but a pain none the less.
it was a metaphor as well because its going to be all really painful memories i think
She literally disagrees with him lol

Maybe

Bonney’s set up to find out something that is extremely personal to her and Kuma. That’s the main issue. How does Zoro fit into that?

The only reason I can think would be as something to push her towards Luffy i.e. she sees all of Kuma’s memories, sees Kuma really respects the Strawhats and Zoro’s a major factor in that.

But ultimately the main thing she’s going to see is about her and her dad. Will she even see every aspect of Kuma’s life, or just one incident that shows why he made the decision to help Vegapunk? Can’t say for certain

good for you
Post automatically merged:

It won’t be brought up because it’s not a moment meant to be discussed after it happened.

Most likely yea i agree would be cool tho seeing a interaction between Bonney and Zoro about that Scene privately. Maybe she might runt at him for making Kuma bleed with shi shi son son
:zosleepy:

At some point Oda should show them again and also Yosaku and Johnny
I think the endgame will have Imu trying to destroy the world, and people all over the world fighting against him, so, at the least, I think we'll see Yosaku and Johnny defending Cocoyasi from invaders.

"Great cleansing" implies the whole world will be in danger.