Character Discussion Calling Yamato a she

Tbh I avoid pronouns with Yamato because it's not all that clear.

When it comes to gender politics there are things I agree with or disagree with in any argument, but I at least respect the individual. Obviously we are talking about a fictional character, but I don't think it's about the subject more than projection of decency. Like don't say weird shit about Tama because it's a child character, right?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I think this would be a more interesting thing to discuss:

Why does Kaido call her a he? Does he do it because he respects her wish to be Oden/a man? Or does he do it because he always wanted a son?

@Jew D. Boy
Gotta be the latter; when she was introduced, it kinda felt like it could go either way, but even considering how much he clearly respects his fallen rival, he’s also systematically destroyed everything about the guy’s legacy. Doesn’t feel like he does it out of respect for Yamato so much as disappointment that she isn’t an actual man.

Gotta be the latter; when she was introduced, it kinda felt like it could go either way, but even considering how much he clearly respects his fallen rival, he’s also systematically destroyed everything about the guy’s legacy. Doesn’t feel like he does it out of respect for Yamato so much as disappointment that she isn’t an actual man.
I'm not entirely sure about this. Yamato clearly defies him at every corner, yet he still speaks of her in high regard (asks about her presence etc.).

If he didn't care, he wouldn't want to keep Yamato on the island either, not in a non-imprisoned manner anyways.

I am tinfoiling that Kaido likes her stubborn nature to do what she wants.

The weird irony is that Yamato probably doesn’t care if you’re calling her with her or calling him with him!

what’s more funny is that people are sooooo sensetive about Yamato pronouns although it’s very controversial how she/he feels inside yet they are sooooo insensetive about Kiku’s pronouns although she admitted that she feels like a woman in her heart.. yet people are so insensetive towards her saying “he” always in a very sarcastic way

Hmmm... I wonder why that is!?
:kriwhat:

Is it because Yamato is born biologically as a woman that every single one has to act like a shining armor knight around for the thirst!?
Or is it for a different reason!?