Character Discussion Calling Yamato a she

I think this would be a more interesting thing to discuss:

Why does Kaido call her a he? Does he do it because he respects her wish to be Oden/a man? Or does he do it because he always wanted a son?

@Jew D. Boy
Maybe to prevent his thirst for his daughter’s sideboobs, he decided to act like she’s a male to psychologically prevent his thirst for his daughter Lol
Though he’s a pirate, he has a code about Taboo stuff Lol

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
She, because Yamato’s arbitrarily picking her identity off a specific individual instead of how she genuinely feels about her body. Compared to O’Kiku who has always felt like a woman and we’ve seen her embrace being a woman whole heartedly.

Of course this can change depending on Luffy’s pronouns by the end of the arc, but it’s pretty obvious to me that Yamato is going to throw away this Oden cosplay.

For Kiku absolutely not so much for Yamato, i don't think you can be inspired to what gender you identify as
She is just an extreme Oden fanboy
I personally use “she” because before the whole Oden immitation thingy... when Ace met her... she called herself “Kaido’s daughter” so she instinctively indentified as a female right there

So out of the Oden character, she acts as a female... and what’s most likely to happen in future is for Yamato to be her own character and stop the whole “I am Oden” and almost every fan wants Yamato to be her own character... so when that happens.., I expect her to act as a female again

but anyways, I don’t mind changing pronouns if proven wrong

I think this would be a more interesting thing to discuss:

Why does Kaido call her a he? Does he do it because he respects her wish to be Oden/a man? Or does he do it because he always wanted a son?

@Jew D. Boy
Imo it's because he wants a son and heir. He has a weakness with Momonosuke because part of him sees Momo as the son he never had. Momo is brave, stands up for his family, respects his name etc. Kaido has a daughter who thinks she's actually Oden the guy Kaido hated and was jealous of more than anyone else. I think all of kaido going easy on Momo and letting him live comes out of this and when kaido sees him in little dragon form he's going to have a mental breakdown.

Like when they announced new onigashima project kaido was black out drunk talking about Yamato being the new Shogun. That wasn't him talking about his real daughter/son Yamato that was him talking about his imaginary son he wishes he had instead

Yooo , the use of different pronouns will get more chaotic, please no Lol
RIP English grammar hhhh
I'm oriented to refer to Yamato as they, that looks legit. But technically, either he or she look fine. They consider themselves both depending on the specific situation. Either inspiring themselves to Oden, or not. So it would also depend on context. :cheers:

Imo it's because he wants a son and heir. He has a weakness with Momonosuke because part of him sees Momo as the son he never had. Momo is brave, stands up for his family, respects his name etc. Kaido has a daughter who thinks she's actually Oden the guy Kaido hated and was jealous of more than anyone else. I think all of kaido going easy on Momo and letting him live comes out of this and when kaido sees him in little dragon form he's going to have a mental breakdown.

Like when they announced new onigashima project kaido was black out drunk talking about Yamato being the new Shogun. That wasn't him talking about his real daughter/son Yamato that was him talking about his imaginary son he wishes he had instead
Hmmm. I think he does have a random liking for Momo.

But still it's somehow difficult to believe that a pirate has only one child out of nowhere, and couldn't have made more children if he was unhappy with Yamato being a girl.

I'd like to imagine he does it out of respect towards her. But we'll have to see her backstory first, maybe she's not even biologically his, who knows.