General & Others Can all weapons turn black? How?

You know Greenbull isn't fighting top tiers with a stick.

And yes, it's so impressive that not even Shanks, Rayleigh or Roger ever achieved it, and that's precisely why you want to turn it into a casual feat for Aramaki, so it's not that impressive any more. You're transparent.
He’s a big tree so yes he basically is lol. And if his weapon happens to be a wooden sword then yeah. You don’t top graded weapons to fight top tiers

Roger not achieving it already tells us it’s not strictly strength related

I mean, any weapon that have the same materials as sword should technically be able to be blacked.

If only swords can, then it means this skill is swordsmanship related and not Haki related.

Just like the title asks can all weapons be blacked? Or at least things other than swords?

Mihawk did say all weapons can turn into a black blade but obviously not all weapons are blades. Any weapon that you can harden should be able to turn black anyway. Like the whole reason to harden a weapon is to protect it

If ryokugyu’s weapon isn’t a normal sword but a wooden one that on top of that’s been blackened that’d be even more dope that it hasn’t broke

As for the how my current guess is it correlates to how much you’re hardening your weapon. Ryokugyu like fujitora with observation haki might constantly using armament haki on his sword to make it that way basically staining the weapon black.
Weapons turn black by being painted. :myman:

Potentially, yes

Even a fork

But i think that we will see only black swords. Why? Because only swordsmen have God tier CoA

The key to black weapon

I think Oda kinda fucked up the mihawk scene as it's confusing regular CoA hardening with creating a Black Blade. It'd be really disappointing if Black Blades would just be in hardened mode all the time. Also every object used for battle would turn black at some point if this way were the key.

Zoro for instance couldn't really use whatever feat the Blackness gave shuusui. It was just some heavy and robust sword. I suppose only the creator, ryuuma, would have access as he was the one who put a shit ton of his haki (and whatever else there is) into it.

Since WB, roger, shanks have no Black Blade it also can't be CoC you need. Let's drink tea and wait for Master Swordsman Mihawk flex his shit

It's more than likely related to busoshoku mastery plus fully connecting with your sword (animism, this will be the difference between something like a bamboo stick and a blade) and giving your life to battling (the main trait shared by the three black blade users —Ryuma, Mihawk and in the future Zoro— that sets them apart from others is that they want to battle every swordsman to reach the top, which actually is a trope to be found in other Japanese media; I don't think any other top tier swordsman cared this much about fighting).

Just like the title asks can all weapons be blacked? Or at least things other than swords?

Mihawk did say all weapons can turn into a black blade but obviously not all weapons are blades. Any weapon that you can harden should be able to turn black anyway. Like the whole reason to harden a weapon is to protect it

If ryokugyu’s weapon isn’t a normal sword but a wooden one that on top of that’s been blackened that’d be even more dope that it hasn’t broke

As for the how my current guess is it correlates to how much you’re hardening your weapon. Ryokugyu like fujitora with observation haki might constantly using armament haki on his sword to make it that way basically staining the weapon black.
Proves how there s no way of the sword bullshit in turning them
100% haki
When conq is included to make them its over for you

I 100 percent believe pretty much anything inanimate can be blackened.

I made a theory awhile ago that, that's how the Poneglyphs were made. They were regular stone that the Kozuki Clan carved, and then blackened afterwards to become indestructible. It makes the most sense.

Especially if you take into consideration that Oden, who knew the secrets of the language and the Poneglyphs, wasn't able to carve anything into the Poneglyphs on Skypiea. Instead, they carved a message into the gold next to the Poneglyphs, using the Ancient language. If it's possible to carve out the Poneglyphs in their current state, then Oden would have done it, but he didn't, and there is only one explanation as to how this stone could become indestructible, and that's blackening it.

I 100 percent believe pretty much anything inanimate can be blackened.

I made a theory awhile ago that, that's how the Poneglyphs were made. They were regular stone that the Kozuki Clan carved, and then blackened afterwards to become indestructible. It makes the most sense.

Especially if you take into consideration that Oden, who knew the secrets of the language and the Poneglyphs, wasn't able to carve anything into the Poneglyphs on Skypiea. Instead, they carved a message into the gold next to the Poneglyphs, using the Ancient language. If it's possible to carve out the Poneglyphs in their current state, then Oden would have done it, but he didn't.
Very good point

Maybe it's easier to turn a non famed Blade into a permanent Black Blade..

Could be that Sandai Kitetsu the first to be turned into a Black Blade..

Any weapon should be able to become black. It's likely swords are just the most popular weapons so powerful characters are more likely to be swordsmen are more likely to blacken that weapon than say a spear or something. Even someone as strong as Roger couldn't blacken a blade just by strength so it's probably a secret technique only a few know and of those it's even more unlikely they'd be a weapon user and have a weapon other than a sword. It's not just a 1 in a million thing but probably 1 in a billion that someone blackens a weapon other than a sword not because it's impossible just because it's unlikely.