Discussion Power Can anyone in the manga beat Lucius?

Can anyone in the manga beat Lucius?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Hard to say. Lucifero has definitely been portrayed as the strongest demon, yet we've also been told multiple times that the Underworld has three Rulers. Based on this, Lucifero should be above them, but not by an overwhelming amount. The other two should be capable of somewhat competing with him and threaten him, otherwise there'd only be one Ruler the way I see it.
Yeah I agree. Lucifero should be above them but by a small margin imo.

B. He might have been capable of defeating him, but he wasn't sure at all of suceeding. AKA, they were on very similar levels beforehand and couldn't afford to take any major risk for his plan.
I'd go with this tbh. He would blow his cover and engage in a battle in which he would take damage as well which would inhibit his plan by quite a lot. He played it extremely smart imo.

I think best case scenario for Lucius, they were on similar levels before these events, but him being beneath Full Power Lucifero is also very possible.
I think that's fair. I personally have him a tiny bit above. And now above by quite a degree.

We kinda don't know how strong Lucius could've been on his own prior to having any devil power, but it's very likely he was insignificant to any of the Three Rulers of the Underworld. That is, his own strength added to Astaroth's wouldn't have made much of a difference compared to the strength Astaroth had on his own (assuming Lucius has Astaroth's full power), most likely.
He probably was very strong, though most likely yes nothing too threatening to the rulers.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
So what are our thoughts now?

Do you guys believe it's possible Lucius has two innate magic abilities, since he and Julius share the same body?
One that belongs to him and one that belongs to Julius. And he has now absorbed it all. Like he absorbed Lucifero.

Plus we got a confirmation he absorbed Lucifero and increased the size and most likely the strength of his spells.

Damn, this is too broken. This mans just flexing out here.

Plus Julius is still portrayed as immensely strong
Lucius picks out Julius to let Asta know how strong he is by saying he's stronger than even Julius. Crazy.

@Seth @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Gol D. Roger @Shadowlord123 thoughts?

Awful take.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
So what are our thoughts now?

Do you guys believe it's possible Lucius has two innate magic abilities, since he and Julius share the same body?
One that belongs to him and one that belongs to Julius. And he has now absorbed it all. Like he absorbed Lucifero.

Plus we got a confirmation he absorbed Lucifero and increased the size and most likely the strength of his spells.

Damn, this is too broken. This mans just flexing out here.

Lucius picks out Julius to let Asta know how strong he is by saying he's stronger than even Julius. Crazy.

@Seth @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Gol D. Roger @Shadowlord123 thoughts?

Awful take.
Iโ€™m actually questioning whether heโ€™s stronger than full power Lucifero after this chapter.

When he said โ€œIโ€™m stronger than Juliusโ€โ€ฆlike, no shit right? If heโ€™s stronger than Lucifero he should be stronger than Julius right? Why would he choose to hype himself via Julius rather than Lucifero if he was stronger than Lucifero? I get that this set up Astaโ€™s line of โ€œthen Iโ€™ll surpass the Wizard King!โ€ But still..lol

Thatโ€™d be like, if the next arc villain in One Piece chose to hype himself as โ€œstronger than Katakuriโ€โ€ฆlike Luffy just beat Kaido lol.

So yeah, did eating Luciferoโ€™s heart really make Lucius stronger than Lucifero? Or did it just amp Luciusโ€™ own power while still making him weaker than Lucifero?

Mashiro Blue

๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ป โœฐ
โ€Ž
A being born with two souls.

Lucius innate magic might indeed be Soul Magic and Julius is a byproduct of that magic. He exists but is a soul ineherently made from Lucius' Soul Magic.

Julius is the submissive soul while Lucius is the dominant soul.

Or it's something completely unrelated lol

Very different from Patri and William.

I'm very curious to see how would the Complete Union Mode Asta that crushed 50% Lucifero in 5 seconds fare against the Current Lucius. Even prior to eating his other heart, Lucius was powerful enough to easily crush the other 50% of Lucifero. Now he should be even stronger after eating his other heart.

Even though Asta winning here is basically impossible plot-wise (best case scenario the battle is inconclusive for a variety of reasons), I'm still very excited about the prospect of seeing Lucius showing us how broken time can be when used in some seriousness. If he has acquired the gravity powers of Lucifero as well, then off... Asta already commented his magic was on a much higher scale than Julius, so yikes. His raw magical power at least should be far higher than Julius now, for logical reasons.

Very possible. It could be very interesting. Both have time magic due to Astaroth, but since they're different people and the nature of their soul is different, it's a good possibility they could have different magics. Following the theme of the Zogratis Family, one could have Brain Magic, while the other has Soul Magic, completing all the body theme. Lucius might have Soul Magic, which is why his soul seems to be the dominant one of the two. That could be very cool.

Yeah. His feats against Patri looked pretty underwhelming for the current powerscale, but it was already made clear that he was basically holding back to not turn Vangeance's body to dust, so we've never seen the Julius persona go all-out. For all we know, he could be as strong as Lucius prior to him eating Lucifero's hearts (and the reason Current Lucius states he's stronger than him is just because of that). If those two indeed hold Astaroth's full power (which is yet to be seen), then it would be clear Julius stood at pretty much the top of the verse all the time.

I guess time, and only time will tell us more :myman:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Iโ€™m actually questioning whether heโ€™s stronger than full power Lucifero after this chapter.

When he said โ€œIโ€™m stronger than Juliusโ€โ€ฆlike, no shit right? If heโ€™s stronger than Lucifero he should be stronger than Julius right? Why would he choose to hype himself via Julius rather than Lucifero if he was stronger than Lucifero? I get that this set up Astaโ€™s line of โ€œthen Iโ€™ll surpass the Wizard King!โ€ But still..lol

Thatโ€™d be like, if the next arc villain in One Piece chose to hype himself as โ€œstronger than Katakuriโ€โ€ฆlike Luffy just beat Kaido lol.

So yeah, did eating Luciferoโ€™s heart really make Lucius stronger than Lucifero? Or did it just amp Luciusโ€™ own power while still making him weaker than Lucifero?
I am pretty sure he is stronger than Lucifero. The Julius bit came up imo cuz he was the topic of the conversation and brought up by Asta constantly, as well as so Asta can utter his last line. Another argument that comes to mind is that Julius is simply that strong. Asta who dismantled 50 % Luci believes himself inferior to the WK, aka Julius. I don't see Lucius being weaker than Lucifero, Lucius is the final villain, Lucius dismantled 50% Lucifero pretty easily and absorbed him. I don't see the reason for making him weaker.

I'm very curious to see how would the Complete Union Mode Asta that crushed 50% Lucifero in 5 seconds fare against the Current Lucius. Even prior to eating his other heart, Lucius was powerful enough to easily crush the other 50% of Lucifero. Now he should be even stronger after eating his other heart.
Yeah Asta's gonna need a lot of powerups to even stand a chance lel.

Very possible. It could be very interesting. Both have time magic due to Astaroth, but since they're different people and the nature of their soul is different, it's a good possibility they could have different magics. Following the theme of the Zogratis Family, one could have Brain Magic, while the other has Soul Magic, completing all the body theme. Lucius might have Soul Magic, which is why his soul seems to be the dominant one of the two. That could be very cool.
Lucius could have the soul magic, like you said. Julius brain. This might come into play and make Julius use his magic on Lucius altering his brain or something and allowing Julius to take over as the only persona and thus stopping himself lmao. Could be a good way to have Julius stay and dedicate himself to fulfilling his dream properly this time and undoing what Lucius had done.

For all we know, he could be as strong as Lucius prior to him eating Lucifero's hearts (and the reason Current Lucius states he's stronger than him is just because of that). If those two indeed hold Astaroth's full power (which is yet to be seen), then it would be clear Julius stood at pretty much the top of the verse all the time.

I guess time, and only time will tell us more :myman:
:kata:

You must have seen some wrong spoilers if what you saw made you think anyone can beat him lol.
You mistook why I came here then. Came back because some folks speculated about his power and they were damn right making him even stronger. I'm actually worried on how they will defeat him. Some BS/PIS would ruin everything a lot.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Inb4 Asta resurrects with new magic out of nowhere that's someway somehow more broken than everything Lucius has put together and solos him.
:josad:

Lucius goes back in time and undoes it though. No beating the GOAT.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Purely in 1 vs 1 no one. I don't think even full-release Anti-Magic Asta will do.

People need to remember that Asta is not untouchable, your magic must be fast/lethal enough to attack his body, he can't cover his entire body with Anti-Magic.
The GOAT is unbeatable for sure.

He can, but only for 5 minutes.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
You just attack his neck then. Also, lol. Have you forgotten that Asta lost many times and they succeed only because Lucius was rewinding the time?

Yes, Devil Union Asta was losing to Lucifero who was not at the peak of his game either.

But my favorite to this day is the way Dante handled Asta. He proved that enough magic density can overwhelm even the Anti Magic.
You mean the face? No lol. But at the last part Asta beat the brakes off of Lucifero.

Yeah and Lucius slaughtered the same Lucifero lmao.

Post panels or gtfo.