General & Others Chainsawman : General Discussion thread

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters
Anyone who read part 1 as it came out feels like part 2 is a an incredible let down.

Seems like it's typical for these loser manga authors to think they're intellectuals and start trying to get deep.

Anyone who read part 1 as it came out feels like part 2 is a an incredible let down.

Seems like it's typical for these loser manga authors to think they're intellectuals and start trying to get deep.
Clearly haven't read other Fujimoto's work.

If he had went hell wild bonkers
as the first part the story would've become stale and formulaic quick. Stale is the least thing Fujimoto.

Given the main critism of previous part was how we had barely time to spend with some characters it was ideal on slowly building momentum with emphasis on letting Characters breath on the potential of going ape shit in the ladder.

Last edited:
I was planning to read part 2 later. It is that bad?
In my opinion it's incredibly boring.

Part 1 is not deep, intellectual or anything like that. It's just fun. Part 2 seems to be the typical manga author starts pushing the 'deep, intellectual' crap which kills everything. Had a nice start but has just been a drag.

I'm not really one to continue reading things that I dislike so I am dropping it
Post automatically merged:

Clearly haven't read other Fujimoto's work.

If he had went hell wild bonkers
as the first part the story would've become stale and formulaic quick. Stale is the least thing Fujimoto.

Given the main critism of previous part was how we had barely time to spend with some characters it was ideal on slowly building momentum with emphasis on letting Characters breath on the potential of going ape shit in the ladder.
His other work is fire punch which was absolutely atrocious and falls into the same 'im an intellectual manga author' boat. Nobody would even give it a glance if Chainsawman were not incredibly entertaining.

In my opinion it's incredibly boring.

Part 1 is not deep, intellectual or anything like that. It's just fun. Part 2 seems to be the typical manga author starts pushing the 'deep, intellectual' crap which kills everything. Had a nice start but has just been a drag.

I'm not really one to continue reading things that I dislike so I am dropping it
Post automatically merged:

His other work is fire punch which was absolutely atrocious and falls into the same 'im an intellectual manga author' boat. Nobody would even give it a glance if Chainsawman were not incredibly entertaining.
So what will you gain from everything being the exact replica like part 1 again?

Fire Punch was his grand Manga debut so yeh ofcource it would have had many flaws but it's nowhere as pretentious "Typical intellectual" that you desperately trying to bring up. First of it had crazy unique chaotic style unlike any other Mangas at the time, introduced to his dynamic way of paneling that was breath fresh air for manga, had a groundbreaking visual storytelling that took the Manga sphere by storm.

Your point????
This is beyond a "your typical intellectual" could acheive.

So what will you gain from everything being the exact replica like part 1 again?

Fire Punch was his grand Manga debut so yeh ofcource it would have had many flaws but it's nowhere as pretentious "Typical intellectual" that you desperately trying to bring up. First of it had crazy unique chaotic style unlike any other Mangas at the time, introduced to his dynamic way of paneling that was breath fresh air for manga, had a groundbreaking visual storytelling that took the Manga sphere by storm.

Your point????
This is beyond a "your typical intellectual" could acheive.
I'm not asking for a replica in terms of plot, i'm just saying to stick with what made chainsaw man good i.e. its a fun series.

I don't agree with you about Firepunch sorry. There were many elements of the author's weird degeneracy seeping in being masked behind the 'this is deep' facade. Manga author 101.