General & Others Chainsawman : General Discussion thread

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Do you guys think we'll see the 4th Horseman in part 2 as well or will Death be saved for part 3? Or will it be the primordial devils?

Where's the part two building towards? Like, what is the goal?

In part 1, we had Gun devil as the main goal at first. Then stuff happened.

But i haven't seen one in Part 2 so far. Is it just Yoru finding/fighting Chainsaw man? Maybe something to do with the 4 horsemen?
My thoughts on this:

That was my main issue with part 2 as well.
There are some future plot threads hinted at, like the Horsemen or fake Chainsaw, and now obviously Asa-Denji-drama. But nothing explicitly told to the reader, hence it feels kinda lacking a red thread.

But thinking about it, part I wasn't really like that, either. It was always a story about Denji and his relationships, especially with Makima. Side threads like Katana, Gun or the Assasination arcs were all pretty self-contained. The main plot thread connecting them was always Denji's characterization. Even the "main plot" of the Gun devil only ended up being a tool to develop Denji and his relationship to Makima, and when Gun was actually revealed, the whole plot was dealt with pretty quickly and self-contained.

So I'm guessing part II might be heading a similar direction, various smaller plots, which serve the main "plot" of exploring a funky character, this time Asa. The biggest difference for me is that part I had more interesting characters than just the protagonist, which part II is lacking so far. Because to me, another red thread of part I that kept me interested throughout, was Makima, and her obviously hinted-at secrets. Asa doesn't have this mysterious counterpart. But w/e, I trust in Fujimoto.

---

On the chap: I think this was my fav so far from part II. Now I'm feeling actual excitement about what happens next, and those Asa-Denji-scenes were peak cuteness. Also simp-Denji finally making a return... loved it. :finally:

My thoughts on this:

That was my main issue with part 2 as well.
There are some future plot threads hinted at, like the Horsemen or fake Chainsaw, and now obviously Asa-Denji-drama. But nothing explicitly told to the reader, hence it feels kinda lacking a red thread.

But thinking about it, part I wasn't really like that, either. It was always a story about Denji and his relationships, especially with Makima. Side threads like Katana, Gun or the Assasination arcs were all pretty self-contained. The main plot thread connecting them was always Denji's characterization. Even the "main plot" of the Gun devil only ended up being a tool to develop Denji and his relationship to Makima, and when Gun was actually revealed, the whole plot was dealt with pretty quickly and self-contained.

So I'm guessing part II might be heading a similar direction, various smaller plots, which serve the main "plot" of exploring a funky character, this time Asa. The biggest difference for me is that part I had more interesting characters than just the protagonist, which part II is lacking so far. Because to me, another red thread of part I that kept me interested throughout, was Makima, and her obviously hinted-at secrets. Asa doesn't have this mysterious counterpart. But w/e, I trust in Fujimoto.

---

On the chap: I think this was my fav so far from part II. Now I'm feeling actual excitement about what happens next, and those Asa-Denji-scenes were peak cuteness. Also simp-Denji finally making a return... loved it. :finally:
I guess. But there needs to be SOMETHING. A goal of some kind. I don't think it's gonna be Denji and Asa happily ever after. We still have the Chainsaw devil mystery, the horsemen, the primordial devils etc. How do they fit in all this? The story needs to have an ending. And for that, we need some goal. Maybe the extermination of the devils. Anyway, i doubt the story will be just character driven for long. I'm guessing we're due for some plot points soon.

I maybe wrong, but i remember Fujimoto saying there would be more parts. So maybe it will be a slow burn. With all parts culminating in a great finale that ties up all the loose ends.

I guess. But there needs to be SOMETHING. A goal of some kind. I don't think it's gonna be Denji and Asa happily ever after. We still have the Chainsaw devil mystery, the horsemen, the primordial devils etc. How do they fit in all this? The story needs to have an ending. And for that, we need some goal. Maybe the extermination of the devils. Anyway, i doubt the story will be just character driven for long. I'm guessing we're due for some plot points soon.

I maybe wrong, but i remember Fujimoto saying there would be more parts. So maybe it will be a slow burn. With all parts culminating in a great finale that ties up all the loose ends.
I've heard fuji wants to make a justice league or so type of team.
So I doubt Denji x Asa. I don't want it either.

Red Night

Chise and Joseph

The only person alive at the End will be the Death Devil.
Post automatically merged:

Let's have a discussion thread for every chapter.
@Vanitas Zogratis do you think it's possible?

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Let's have a discussion thread for every chapter.
@Vanitas Zogratis do you think it's possible?
I've asked about a section and even though we had 32 people saying yes the admins said no.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/a-chainsaw-man-section.28852/

I think CSM deserves its own section. We produce enough content imo. And there would be more areas to explore in a section with dedicated threads.

I am not for making a chapter thread in the general series section because it will just suffocate the entire section though. But if CSM gets its own section, yes of course.

spoilers for chapter 118

-Turning Denji into a sword doesn't work
-Keeps trying, Denji touch her back and says Asa spiral sword
-Asa thinks it didn't work because Denji still hasn't fell in love with her
-Denji at school invites Asa for a late night movie date
-Asa refuses, says video rental is cheaper.
-Denji then ask if her house has VCR, she doesn't have it but Denji house has it
-"Then it's decided, we're going to your house"
-Denji is shocked, but tells Asa she has to follow the house rules
-If the rule is broken, it's death.
-Haruka overhear their conversation