Chapter Discussion Chapter 261: Inhuman Makyou Shinjuku Showdown, Part 33

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
Hopefully Yuta can still do target selection inside unlimited void like his own domain and Yuji and/or Todo can fight in it.
but if yuta chooses to non-target yuji and todo, it means that they will be targeted by sukuna's must-hit, nay?
Post automatically merged:

The Todo stuff is ass, but that one binding vow hardly compares to the dozens Sukuna did that weren't even explained (we hardly know about the trade off of most of his BVs)
is it though? the only one not explained sukuna's vow was the one with his domain's regained output. it literally says that he used "impromptu binding vows". that was ass.
but what BV todo used to change his CT activation? it's not even mentioned. he just did it an his CT became even stronger. wtf. what was the trade-off? he shouldn't reactivate his CT at first place, he sacrificed his arms and CT to beat mahito and did it without a second of hesitation. that was peak for todo character. but now gege says "nah it's okay, he became even stronger". that's 5x ass than sukuna's domain regained output.

Last edited:
well if yuuta effectiveness is the same as Gojo. the sure hits should cancel each other out. which would mean no one getting unlimited void or slashed. Just amped up Sukana and yuta due to being in their domains.

For example, the readers who have read other shonens, they expect MC to shine, they expect main cast to do better. But this is not the case for JJK.
it means that people just like generic stories. that's actually sad. MC's that outshines all character and gets power up after power up and becomes strongest in the verse just because is generic shounen shit.
yuji shines as character, not as another power house chosen one, readers just don't get it, cause they can't perceive character if he doesn't beat the shit out of the villains.

there's not a problem with gege's MC showing, the problem with the chosen one route lovers, that's all

it means that people just like generic stories. that's actually sad. MC's that outshines all character and gets power up after power up and becomes strongest in the verse just because is generic shounen shit.
yuji shines as character, not as another power house chosen one, readers just don't get it, cause they can't perceive character if he doesn't beat the shit out of the villains.

there's not a problem with gege's MC showing, the problem with the chosen one route lovers, that's all
I like Yuji but feel he hasn’t been given enough attention, and only recently in a span of 1-2 chapters he was given the growth we would’ve liked to have seen him have over the course of multiple chapters maybe an entire arc. Gege focuses on a lot of characters which isn’t bad but the MC suffered and maybe he should’ve picked his MC if he wants to end the story sooner then later.

In what manga with a great MC have you seen a great portion of the fan base want other characters to fight the endgame villain instead and win?

Yuji is the biggest afterthought an MC has been in the history of manga

well if yuuta effectiveness is the same as Gojo. the sure hits should cancel each other out. which would mean no one getting unlimited void or slashed. Just amped up Sukana and yuta due to being in their domains.
No
It will only cancel out for gojo and sukuna
Even if yuta makes it so they dont get hit by void
Sukuna s domain targets everything inside
Unlimited void still hit megumi

that's what i'm talking about. for you "to shine" means "to beat shit out of sukuna and become the strongest".
did you read fullmetal alchemist? if you did, than you know, that edward doesn's soloe'd main antagonist and doesn't become the strongest.
and edward is one the best MS'c in the history of manga

I loved the chapter, we have real development for the character of Yuta who is ready to “sacrifice” his humanity to defeat Sukuna. Bringing Gojo back in this state is really daring on Gege's part but personally I love the idea, on the one hand it shows us how unfair the world of Jujutsu Kaisen is and on the other it shows us that Gojo has always been perceived as a weapon because he was considered "the strongest" now we have to see how Gege manages all this, will Todo and Yuji fight alongside Yuta? will the 1vs1 between Sukuna and Yuta be done only in the territory with a defeat for Yuta + a final nerf for Sukuna before his defeat against Yujin?

In any case Yuta easily enters my top 3 after this chapter n

I loved the chapter, we have real development for the character of Yuta who is ready to “sacrifice” his humanity to defeat Sukuna. Bringing Gojo back in this state is really daring on Gege's part but personally I love the idea, on the one hand it shows us how unfair the world of Jujutsu Kaisen is and on the other it shows us that Gojo has always been perceived as a weapon because he was considered "the strongest" now we have to see how Gege manages all this, will Todo and Yuji fight alongside Yuta? will the 1vs1 between Sukuna and Yuta be done only in the territory with a defeat for Yuta + a final nerf for Sukuna before his defeat against Yujin?

In any case Yuta easily enters my top 3 after this chapter n
Aint nobody reads all that

that's what i'm talking about. for you "to shine" means "to beat shit out of sukuna and become the strongest".
did you read fullmetal alchemist? if you did, than you know, that edward doesn's soloe'd main antagonist and doesn't become the strongest.
and edward is one the best MS'c in the history of manga
Edward Elric never once felt like an afterthought. He was established as a prodigy because his skill level within the alchemy system was on par with state alchemist at the ripe age of 12? His growth was more as a character with a story most consider to be an example of peak Manga.
The relationships with the characters and the moral choices he’s making throughout, its story driven. Yuji doesn’t have that same vibe and JJK isn’t that type of story. He went from physically strong with powerful punches and the occasional black flashes for 98% of the series to getting RCT, simple domain, and blood manipulation off screen and then awakening his own variant of shrine. He’s also the byproduct of Sukunas reincarnated twin kenjacku love child so he has that shonen powerful lineage thing going on. It doesn’t matter if it’s a team effort to take down the king of curses, I would’ve just liked more Yuji growth in both narrative and skill as a sorcerer instead of cramming it in at end.

I dont know man. You are ignoring a lot of stuff.
I rewatched FMA B recently. Edward didnt solo the villain.
But Selim or other villains also didnt kill his brother, Winry, Roy Mustang, or any other important secondary characters.
At the end, Ed also saved his brother by sacrificing his door.
There were satisfactory pay offs in every arc. Like killing envy, lust, sloth, etc.
There was only one death of Hughes which was used as tragedy for the main cast. What else? Nothing.

In case of HxH, the power up of Gon also made sense and was satisfying to watch.
But as a reader, I dont see anything going on for Yuji as of now.
Here is a list of characters who specifically helped Yuji and asked him to carry on:
Nanami
Nobara
Higuruma
Choso
More or less, I will include Junpei here too.

Now compare death of Hughes (secondary character) from FMA to deaths of above listed characters in JJK.
The death of Envy and Sloth was satisfying to watch, but what about the pay offs in JJK?

I am not even hating villains in JJK.

You need to acknowledge that, either:

1) There are no satisfactory pay offs for the deaths of characters in JJK, or
2) Gege didnt create enough secondary villains/minions so that good guys could fight against them and show their skills or gradually level up to face Sukuna in final arc.

The gauntlet is impressive, but at this point Sukuna (an olympic gold medal winner) is flexing against elementary kids.

Gojo - Only one who could give tough time to Sukuna

Kashimo - One trick pony (Sukuna hates such sorcerers as he said the same to Yorozu)

Higuruma - Talented, but still a newbie, few days/weeks?

Yuji - A newbie who just learned basic CE control from Gojo's training, he is special but still the point is he dont know how to utilize his abilities

Yuta - Second strongest after Gojo, you could see him sweating during Gojo vs Sukuna fight

Maki - May have died in DE, but saved by Todo

Kusakabe - No CT, just a simple domain

Todo - A support

Miguel - Black rope merchant.

Larue - Tertiary support character

It is not Sukuna's fault that these sorcerers are weak. He killed Ryu who gave hard time to Yuta.
He also killed Jogo. Sukuna has proved himself as strongest severals time now.

Possible solution would have been:

Kenjaku should have created more curses or had more in store similar to Jogo/Hanami/Mahito. So that they could fight against main cast in culling games.

The heian era sorcerers that Yuji faced (Higuruma) didnt push Yuji to power up or improve his fighting skills.

If Higuruma was to be a friend, he may have fought against Kenjaku/Sukuna's minions, someone like Uraume.

This is it. It would have solved most of the problems.

But you dont even acknowledge these problems, so even if I write another essay you will be back to "oh you hate JJK because Sukuna is winning", lol, NO!

Does anyone else think that we're about to see first ever clash between Two open barrier domains?

It would be just redundant for GeGe to introduce the basketball domain again that gojo already used.

There's no reason for it to be a narrator exposition. Since we already know that basketball domain is effective-ish against Sukuna's barrier less domain.

I think it's gonna be something else.

A possible Barrier less Unlimited Void.

Remember, Gojo could see techniques and understand them instantly with 6E.

It's likely that he at least partially understood Barrier less domain technique too. But probably deemed it ineffective/risky or whatever.

But, Yuta is already gambling with his life now. So he has the incentive to use whatever he has. He should know whatever Gojo knew too.

Also, remember that Yuta absorbed Kenny to get his CT. Kenny was the only other person besides Sukuna to have an Open domain.

So who's to say that Rika also didn't absorb the secret to Open domain along with Kenny's CT?

And look at this panel

YutaJo isn't really making a basketball domain here imo.

He's clashing with Shrine at same size. Unlimited void is expanding into the air.

This is how Gojo activated his domain every time. It was formed instantaneously. Not like what Yuta is doing at all.

I think we're gonna get a two way open domain clash next chapter.

Does anyone else think that we're about to see first ever clash between Two open barrier domains?

It would be just redundant for GeGe to introduce the basketball domain again that gojo already used.

There's no reason for it to be a narrator exposition. Since we already know that basketball domain is effective-ish against Sukuna's barrier less domain.

It's likely that he at least partially understood Barrier less domain technique too. But probably deemed it ineffective/risky or whatever.

But, Yuta is already gambling with his life now. So he has the incentive to use whatever he has. He should know whatever Gojo knew too.

Also, remember that Yuta absorbed Kenny to get his CT. Kenny was the only other person besides Sukuna to have an Open domain.

So who's to say that Rika also didn't absorb the secret to Open domain along with Kenny's CT?

And look at this panel

He's clashing with Shrine at same size. Unlimited void is expanding into the air.

This is how Gojo activated his domain every time. It was formed instantaneously. Not like what Yuta is doing at all.

Since he’s mostly likely on life support for 5 mins he probably going to make some crazy binding vows, so him creating an open domain should be possible

Then someone else has to take the center stage.

In HxH, it was Netero.
In FMA-B it was Hohenheim.
In MHA it was Endeavour and All Might.
Netero did not take center stage, apart from his fight against Meruem we almost never see him. When Yuji is not at the center of the scene other people take over (Gojo, Yuta, Hakari, Megumi) it's the same pattern as with Hunter x Hunter

For Fullmetal it's the same thing, even during the final fight we see him very rarely. Hohenheim is a very discreet character throughout the story

And look at this panel

I thought the Gojo vs Sukuna Domain spam would end with Gojo figuring out Open Domains
I probably even spammed that as a prediction during those fated days

Imo Yujo/Gota won't do it. If anyone from the current cast does it against Sukuna it will be Yuji's clash to lose

I dont know man. You are ignoring a lot of stuff.
I rewatched FMA B recently. Edward didnt solo the villain.
But Selim or other villains also didnt kill his brother, Winry, Roy Mustang, or any other important secondary characters.
At the end, Ed also saved his brother by sacrificing his door.
There were satisfactory pay offs in every arc. Like killing envy, lust, sloth, etc.
There was only one death of Hughes which was used as tragedy for the main cast. What else? Nothing.

In case of HxH, the power up of Gon also made sense and was satisfying to watch.
But as a reader, I dont see anything going on for Yuji as of now.
Here is a list of characters who specifically helped Yuji and asked him to carry on:
Nanami
Nobara
Higuruma
Choso
More or less, I will include Junpei here too.

Now compare death of Hughes (secondary character) from FMA to deaths of above listed characters in JJK.
The death of Envy and Sloth was satisfying to watch, but what about the pay offs in JJK?

I am not even hating villains in JJK.

You need to acknowledge that, either:

1) There are no satisfactory pay offs for the deaths of characters in JJK, or
2) Gege didnt create enough secondary villains/minions so that good guys could fight against them and show their skills or gradually level up to face Sukuna in final arc.

The gauntlet is impressive, but at this point Sukuna (an olympic gold medal winner) is flexing against elementary kids.

Gojo - Only one who could give tough time to Sukuna

Kashimo - One trick pony (Sukuna hates such sorcerers as he said the same to Yorozu)

Higuruma - Talented, but still a newbie, few days/weeks?

Yuji - A newbie who just learned basic CE control from Gojo's training, he is special but still the point is he dont know how to utilize his abilities

Yuta - Second strongest after Gojo, you could see him sweating during Gojo vs Sukuna fight

Maki - May have died in DE, but saved by Todo

Kusakabe - No CT, just a simple domain

Todo - A support

Miguel - Black rope merchant.

Larue - Tertiary support character

It is not Sukuna's fault that these sorcerers are weak. He killed Ryu who gave hard time to Yuta.
He also killed Jogo. Sukuna has proved himself as strongest severals time now.

Possible solution would have been:

Kenjaku should have created more curses or had more in store similar to Jogo/Hanami/Mahito. So that they could fight against main cast in culling games.

The heian era sorcerers that Yuji faced (Higuruma) didnt push Yuji to power up or improve his fighting skills.

If Higuruma was to be a friend, he may have fought against Kenjaku/Sukuna's minions, someone like Uraume.

This is it. It would have solved most of the problems.

But you dont even acknowledge these problems, so even if I write another essay you will be back to "oh you hate JJK because Sukuna is winning", lol, NO!
Its clearly talking about the small domain
Thats just art choice,