Chapter Discussion Chapter 261: Inhuman Makyou Shinjuku Showdown, Part 33

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters

This is a whole bucketful of bullshit that pretty much shits on everything set up up to this point with both Gojo and Kenny.
But.
I still find it entertaining enough that it doesn't bother me too much.
Now I just hope it doesn't go further downhill from here. IMO, the merger plotline should've already started by now. Its being dragged out can only burn so much hype before it becomes underwhelming no matter what it turns out to be.

Last edited:
Man, the more insight we get into the month time skip, the worse all of this looks.
Alright, so Gojo always meant to fight Sukuna 1 v 1, no issues there, but why the hell didn't they meet up with the guy and go through some tactics with the strongest guy they have?

It's like they were preparing to fight Hanami and not Sukuna
My headcanon is that Gojo was selfish enough to think he could take Sukuna 1on1 no matter what, and even if he didn't win, he also had enough faith in his pupils to win at the end of the day even without a plan set in stone.
Gojo was a true (red & blue) baller.
Too bad plot wasn't on his side.

My headcanon is that Gojo was selfish enough to think he could take Sukuna 1on1 no matter what, and even if he didn't win, he also had enough faith in his pupils to win at the end of the day even without a plan set in stone.
Gojo was a true (red & blue) baller.
Too bad plot wasn't on his side.
I mean, yeah, that was established already but he still wasn't a complete idiot since he listened to Yuta's plan here (even if dismissing it in the end)

He was clearly available to give pointers, yet all we got was this and the Ino/Nanami discussion.

Waste of 30 days of possible character interactions and flashing out

I mean, yeah, that was established already but he still wasn't a complete idiot since he listened to Yuta's plan here (even if dismissing it in the end)

He was clearly available to give pointers, yet all we got was this and the Ino/Nanami discussion.

Waste of 30 days of possible character interactions and flashing out
It's all plot-driven.
Yes, Gojo knows this. Yes, Gojo could do that. Yes, this other thing could happen.
But this point is where the story needs to converge, so Gojo must be defeated by Sukuna before anything else happens.
It's both convoluted and lazy at the same time.
If Gege had the "good guys" go all out in a team effort, at once forcing Sukuna to output his best equivalent of the Heian era, I'm sure the sotyr would've been both more straight forward and less bogged down by "rinse & repeat" chapters.

Yeah I'm definitely not a fan of this, it really feels like the manga jumped the shark here. Yuta copying Gojo's CT to counter Sukuna would have been fine but this is a bit too much, Gojo's body getting piloted by Yuta is just ridiculous.
The worst part:
It was hammered into us that Yuji was damaging Sukuna.
The dude pierces his heart and in this chapter we see blood emerging even from Sukuna's back, as if Yuji is piercing through him completely.
Sukuna is spitting up blood

And then Yuji gets tossed aside like a used toy
Ridiculous

Man, the more insight we get into the month time skip, the worse all of this looks.
Alright, so Gojo always meant to fight Sukuna 1 v 1, no issues there, but why the hell didn't they meet up with the guy and go through some tactics with the strongest guy they have?

It's like they were preparing to fight Hanami and not Sukuna
Cause Gojo had no doubts he'll win. He didnt think he needs help or Training

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
But i don’t mind Yuta doing it, I liked the fact he had balls this chap

and the result is quite fun

Often we are pissed because characters don’t use their abilities to the best and we all speculated 100 times about Yuta copying Gojo CT etc . And here it was explained why he couldn’t and how he managed to go over it.

‘But the timing is very bad and the fight is very very very long