Chapter 987 is the Kaido Flashback and it's what made The editor cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z
The low IQ part is that the US waited pearl harbor as a pretext to attack them, so they would have eventually done it, but Japan should have waited as long as possible for it to happen, maybe they could have negocied a better post war agreement, where they wouldn't completely become low T men in the 21th century somehow.
i could be wrong, but i thought japan couldnt wait any longer because they were running out of oil and other resources due the US declaring an oil embargo on them? :memehm:

Last edited by a moderator:
i could be wrong, but i thought japan couldnt wait any longer because they were running out of oil and other resources to the US declaring an oil embargo on them? :memehm:
It wasn't enough for them to not be able to "wait more", we were in 1942, they were totally controlling china, and all their allies were having the upper hand in all aspect, especially in this one.
They weren't awakened enough to see that the fact that they were able to do such a thing in a big american base was a "bait" by the USA to an extent in the time, who needed a pretext to give to the opinion to attack them - since if you recall well, it was in the late 30s that were voted most US law related to war, and especially the 60 days law in war, which implied the agreement of the parliament and the american people for going in war.

Z
empire of japan shoulda known what was coming when they attacked pearl harbour

USA USA USA!!!! 🇺🇸 💪💪💪💪💪💪
wow on my phone it shows the us flag emoji but on my laptop it changed the emoji into "us"

why do the muscle emojis show on my laptop but not the US flag?

can anyone else see a US flag on their laptop/desktop? :choppawhat:

M

MD Zolo

why tf would anyone cry after reading 986?
  1. Sunachi: SUrrender your NAme and be as CHild. Basically, the Red Scabbards gave up everything for that one shot at Kaido. And Kaido felt it by remembering Oden. At that moment, the Red Scabbards weren't Red Scabbards anymore, they were spirit of vengeance of Oden.
  2. Momo finally recognized the weight of his name.
Not cry-worthy for us. But for someone like the editor: I think Oda wanted to bring out the tears and him/editor thought this to be a tear-jerking moment. Even if it didn't pan out.

Trust me, dude, you lost every single one of us at “Reddit”...like I need some incel neckbeard in r/MaleFeminists dictating my personal beliefs :seriously:
i know well that reddit is mostly bs, that's why i did an auto criticism at the very beginning of my message to urge you to read the message rather than judging it beforehand. Yes i usually don't like reddit either
Post automatically merged:

Is this editor a soy boy?
hard pill to swallow, is that we read a fantastic manga, made by soyboy sadly. Will keep watching it till the end tho.

Mother Carmel was someone directly linked to Big Mom’s childhood, that’s why it made sense to place her flashback right then.

It’s not the same case with Kaido and Oden and the scabbards. Of course, Oda could always make the connection by showing Kaido’s skin intact next chapter and that somehow makes Kaido remember his past, but I don’t think so. I feel we might have to wait for Kaido’s past until the Rocks flashback, as in a flashback inside a flashback, like Doflamingo and Law.

it really isn't, i suggest you to read more about any biography about Roosevelt, or about the WW2 in detail, but again, history isn't a science, and science itself has major flaws, so we can't never be sure about anything.
This is a One Piece forum my dude, I don’t come here to read dumb off-topic takes...

Now, regarding OP, I think we’ll see Kaido’s flashback soon and I like how you noticed the pattern before BM’s, it could very well be in 987 (I just hope it isn’t too long)

I just realised that this is definitely what happened.

It's so obvious that I'm surprised no one's thought of it.

There's no build up for any epic emotional scene in the current plot so why would the editor cry? Because it's a flashback.
Remember how Oda put 2 chapters of the big mom flashback right when the Luffy alliance plan worked (as in Bege and company destroyed the Caramel photo and the poison rockets were fired). And then we have a panel or so of Big mom remembering her childhood then we transitioned to it next chapter. Well? What's happening now?

The Luffy alliance plan has worked (as in the Scabbards have ambushed Kaido and are Trying to stab him while he proclaims they can't). And then we have a panel of Kaido remembering that Oden managed to cut him. And we are left in suspense about whether the Stabbing/Poison Rockets will work. So what happens next?

We go into Kaido's flashback of course. Hehehe... Kind of like a "I guess you're wondering how I got to this point, it all started when I was 8 years old living on the streets of..." transition.

And of course I was dubious as anyone regarding how it's possible for something emotional to come out of nowhere to make me cry but yup, I fully believe that a villain flashback can do it. Even a short one. Big mom's 2 chapter flashback is the best two chapters of the whole of WCI. Oda can make me at least tear up with just a single chapter when it comes to villain flashbacks.

Edit: I missed that the editor clarified his stance. Well then I guess this is a theory about what chapter 987 is coz everything still points to a repeat of WCI and the start of the villain flashback
I respect you because you are always going out on your shield with this stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.