Character Discussion Character discussion: Bartholomew Kuma

Let's talk about the one who's perhaps the most mysterious of all the Warlords, the one responsible for the seperation of the Straw Hat Pirates and who seems to have played a crucial role in Dragon's war against the World Government, the one with the formidable power of the Nikyu Nikyu no mi that he has mastered beyond imagination and who's called "the Tyrant" Bartholomew Kuma.

What do you think of Kuma as a character and of his role in the story ? What do you think about his personality and powers ? What game has he been really playing ever since joining the Warlords ? Will he ever recover his memory and mind ? What role will he have in the future ?

Arguably the best design in the whole One Piece.

Arguably the smartest fruit concept and usage in this manga.

Arguably one of the most impactful "antagonists" in the series.

Arguably one of the most intriguing characters, at least in terms of background and potential (pirate, revolutionary, royal... all in one).

Arguably the funniest technique name for a Japanese speaker ("Urususu shocku").

Kuma is awesome, what can I say.

He is one of my favourite characters. the mysterious aspects of his character aside, his ability is just plain cool and he played such a pivotal role in the development of the Strawhats. I certainly do hope that he his restored from his "death."