Questions & Mysteries Chimera Ant Arc vs Yorknew City Arc

R1:Which is better?/R2:Which do you like more?/R3:Better antagonists?/R4:Which antags u like more?

• Total voters
Ohhh man, this question is too hard lol.

I love both, but if i had to choose one, it would be......................idgaf, i choose Yorknew City Arc.

-Uvogin vs The Shadows beasts
-Uvogin vs Kurapika
-Chrollo vs Zeno and Silva
-More Kurapika's Development( my fav HxH character)
-The whole arc

Masterpiece arc.

Chimera Arc had an arc worth of episodes as build up, not the best sequence of episodes but it was great nevertheless. There's something about the Chimera ants gaining consciousness to only end up in the same political loophole that humans play, with each trying to claim power on his own. What's insane is how Togashi found the time to write in some legit characterization to each and every ant, making the arc itself seem like an entire story by itself, even throwing in an engima like Gyro.

The Royal palace invasion tho, that's on an entirely different level to anything I've seen in a manga.
Meruem's change of heart was a brilliant ending too

Also, let's not forget the coldest moment in HxH

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
The guard trio... In the end I was sick of them how dragged out it was. Poeuf resorted to internal drama every other second, and Pitou didn't do much apart from serving as Gon hype. I do like Youpi, he had the most interactions and he probably evolved the most in the arc finale along with Boss Ant
I like Youpi the least of the Guards lmao. Pitou>Poeuf>Youpi for me. With Meruem topping them all.

I like all the Spiders bar Franklin and Kortopi.
Hmm, I only really care about the first half of them that I wrote above lol.

It begs the question if that opinion is relevant though, cause if you like the other characters more, it means it was more successful writing. Which is better writing imo :kayneshrug:
I think this is where we disagree. Imo you can like something more without it objectively being better. For instance, giving some extreme examples, you can say you like One Piece better than LotR, but can you say OP is better? For sure no. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for example is a solid movie, and I like it more than let's say The Shawshank Redemption or The Godfather, but I don't think it's the better movie.

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
Not just, I think it's far more interesting and dynamic. The Spiders are great villains with interesting villain interactions unlike the Ants who take a long long long ass time to find their footing in the transition from being animals to having a consciousness. And even when they do figure it out, only a few become somewhat likeable and relatable.

I spent half the arc yawning. Overhyped.
CAA overrated - Mereum is mid. Paristan is more interesting and dangerous as a villain.

Tbh, a lot of characters were more memorable to me in Yorknew arc, but CAA has some truly awesome moments and those are my favorites in the whole series (like adult Gon, best subversion of shounen MC ever).