Anime Discussion Code Geass thread

Who is your favourite character?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I am not very far in, j just started this anime, but this shit is straight up fire
:steef::steef::steef::steef:

The characters are heavily original and amazingly complex actually. They are all phenomenally well written and extremely interesting.

The mind games/political action is on par with Kingdom and Death Note, which is the highest praise I can give for mind games in anime/manga.

Moreso than any other series I’ve ever seen, this series gives off hardcore “human” vibes..it feels like I’m actually watching a historical account even though everything is obvious fiction, and that is extremely hard to pull off.

I may give more thoughts later on, but so far Code Geass

Last edited:
I am not very far in, j just started this anime, but this shit is straight up fire
:steef::steef::steef::steef:

The characters are heavily original and amazingly complex actually. They are all phenomenally well written and extremely interesting.

The mind games/political action is on par with Kingdom and Death Note, which is the highest praise I can give for mind games in anime/manga.

Moreso than any other series I’ve ever seen, this series gives off hardcore “human” vibes..it feels like I’m actually watching a historical account even though everything is obvious fiction, and that is extremely hard to pull off.

I may give more thoughts later on, but so far Cide Geass
One of the rare anime that doesn't have a disappointing ending too :shocking:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Bruh. Suzaku is legit one of my favorite characters. I just finished episode 16, and damn...he’s so hopeless lmfao. I can’t help but admire his hopeless optimism, killing his own father thinking that this would save Japan from Brittania.

He’s so deluded but he’s got such a good heart.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Alright @Uriel @RayanOO @Natalija and whoever else may care, I just finished Code Geass, and my final verdict is that this show is an under appreciated masterpiece, and is Japanese storytelling perfected

Here are my full thoughts:

So this show only has 1 real flaw imo, and it’s that the pacing is way too fast. I lost count of the amount of times that I had to rewind scenes because information was being bombarded at me at light speed lol. Major lines of dialogue were dropped, and before I could really process the weight behind what is being said, 3 more lines of dialogue are blasted at me and I had to pause the show, rewind, turn it off completely to do something else so I could ponder the meaning, etc..for example, the reveal that Marianne the Flash’s consciousness was inside of Anya, happened so quickly that the scene had completely ended before I was like “....wait what’s happening??!” And then I had to rewind and watch the scene again because things were just happening that quickly.

It really made me want to read the manga where the pacing is largely up to me when I’m reading, because the pacing in this show is just rapid fire.

But yeah other than that, flawless show lol. Peak anime. Like I said above, this was the only series I’ve ever watched that actually made me feel like I was watching real life politics and war, that is how hard this show nails nationality, war, political ideals, etc...whoever wrote the original manga deserves hardcore props for taking hardcore ideologies like these from the real world and simplifying them for a story like this, while not losing out on the emotional weight behind those ideals.

The mind-games and mecha-action in this anime were equally entertaining, but I have to retract what I said about the show being as entertaining as Kingdom in terms of mind games. I think it falls short for me in that department but I still give it high praise.

So now I’ll just talk about some characters and what I think about them:

Lelouch and Suzaku
Lelouch may be, overall, the most well written protagonist I’ve ever seen outside of Guts. I don’t have much else to say about him for now, he was a protagonist who I was always routing for no matter what happened, and someone who’s ideology seemed kinda fucked up but was actually the most moral in the series at the same time. So. Yeah. That’s really all I’ve got for him, he was just great lol.

Suzaku, oh you poor deluded fool lol. I love characters like Suzaku, he just wants the best outcome for everyone but honestly has no idea how to get there. I enjoyed watching his rise through the Brittanian ranks more than I enjoyed watching Zero build the Black Knights, and honestly I question which of these two was actually right in their methods in the end. I don’t think I would’ve ever done what Suzaku did in his shoes, I don’t think I would’ve supported my conquerors in that matter, but honestly had Lelouch not did all the shit he did with Euphy, Suzaku may have actually achieved equality for the Elevens which was his goal, even if that meant allowing Brittania to essentially rape the rest of the world....

So yeah, I just loved watching Suzaku in his good hearted delusion lol, although I must say I was let down when he punked Bismarck. I was hoping that guy would’ve put up a better fight, though he did overwhelm Li Xingke so it’s fine I guess haha.

His Majesty, Charles Zi Brittania
Holy shit, this was a 10/10 villain through and through and I absolutely love him. To be clear, I love Charles in the same way that I love Akainu-I wouldn’t want to work for either of them, I don’t agree with their ideologies, but dammit if they aren’t the most effective villains in their series. I shall now detail why Charles is ridiculously awesome:

1. He rose to power when Brittania was in shambles, and personally oversaw a large part of her expansion, showing his extreme intelligence and resourcefulness
2. He birthed a large number of talented children who basically ran his empire for him, and he did this by openly promoting ideologies of humans being unequal which resulted in the upper echelons of Brittanian society being composed (mostly) of people with extreme talent (though there was definitely nepotism and such that still existed
3. He himself was not just a Geass user, but he killed his brother V.V to attain immortality
4. He actually had a very admirable ideology, he essentially only wanted to destroy people’s abilities to lie to each other, which explains his actions throughout the entire show, but also serves as his downfall because at the end of the day, he and Marianne lied to Lelouch and Nunnally
5. He was remorselessly evil and charismatic, when he discovered that Euphy was trying to commit Japanese genocide, he just starts erupting into laughter and praising Euphy for her strength
6. He literally did not give a single fuck about mundane affairs like war and politics, and was solely focused on his incredibly lofty ambition of destroying human consciousness. It was as if being the Emperor of Brittania, the most powerful man in the world, was just a hobby for him lol.
7. He was a humongous, muscular, beast of a man with a ludicrous wig

When I first heard his speech about how only the strongest can survive and how their is no place for the weak, given in front of the whole world, I was like “damn, how do they follow this guy?” But then I watched the rest of the show, and I was like “okay, I get it” lol. His charisma was legendary, his ideals were lofty, his frame was beefy, and overall I just thoroughly loved him as a villain lol. Even if Schneizel made a better series villain in the end. Speaking of,

Schneizel
He really did make the best villain for Lelouch in the end. He was a perfect embodiment of everything Lelouch was fighting against, and made for the express purpose of pushing Lelouch harder than the others who pushed him to the limits of his ability (Cornelia, Xingke). I love that Schneizel was Charles’ second son and not his first born, Odysseus was just a bumbling fool who in the end got Geass’d into a foot soldier lmfao, but Schneizel was the culmination of Charles’ actions as Emperor and ideals. A great ultimate villain in the end.

Cornelia
Just briefly, she was one of the best female characters I’ve ever seen. She had it all, she could beat Lelouch in a mind game, and could hop into a mech and take down the best knightmare pilots that other countries had in their ranks. I enjoyed her as a Season 1 Villain and wish she was around more in Season 2.

Overall this show does a great job about writing characters around ideologies and lines of thought relating to its main theme of equality, and does a great job in the way it presents all of its unique and memorable characters.

Genuinely a strong 9/10 anime, almost flawless for me. I can give more thoughts in the future but I’ll drop this post for now lol.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Alright @Uriel @RayanOO @Natalija and whoever else may care, I just finished Code Geass, and my final verdict is that this show is an under appreciated masterpiece, and is Japanese storytelling perfected

So this show only has 1 real flaw imo, and it’s that the pacing is way too fast. I lost count of the amount of times that I had to rewind scenes because information was being bombarded at me at light speed lol. Major lines of dialogue were dropped, and before I could really process the weight behind what is being said, 3 more lines of dialogue are blasted at me and I had to pause the show, rewind, turn it off completely to do something else so I could ponder the meaning, etc..for example, the reveal that Marianne the Flash’s consciousness was inside of Anya, happened so quickly that the scene had completely ended before I was like “....wait what’s happening??!” And then I had to rewind and watch the scene again because things were just happening that quickly.

It really made me want to read the manga where the pacing is largely up to me when I’m reading, because the pacing in this show is just rapid fire.

But yeah other than that, flawless show lol. Peak anime. Like I said above, this was the only series I’ve ever watched that actually made me feel like I was watching real life politics and war, that is how hard this show nails nationality, war, political ideals, etc...whoever wrote the original manga deserves hardcore props for taking hardcore ideologies like these from the real world and simplifying them for a story like this, while not losing out on the emotional weight behind those ideals.

The mind-games and mecha-action in this anime were equally entertaining, but I have to retract what I said about the show being as entertaining as Kingdom in terms of mind games. I think it falls short for me in that department but I still give it high praise.

Lelouch and Suzaku
Lelouch may be, overall, the most well written protagonist I’ve ever seen outside of Guts. I don’t have much else to say about him for now, he was a protagonist who I was always routing for no matter what happened, and someone who’s ideology seemed kinda fucked up but was actually the most moral in the series at the same time. So. Yeah. That’s really all I’ve got for him, he was just great lol.

Suzaku, oh you poor deluded fool lol. I love characters like Suzaku, he just wants the best outcome for everyone but honestly has no idea how to get there. I enjoyed watching his rise through the Brittanian ranks more than I enjoyed watching Zero build the Black Knights, and honestly I question which of these two was actually right in their methods in the end. I don’t think I would’ve ever done what Suzaku did in his shoes, I don’t think I would’ve supported my conquerors in that matter, but honestly had Lelouch not did all the shit he did with Euphy, Suzaku may have actually achieved equality for the Elevens which was his goal, even if that meant allowing Brittania to essentially rape the rest of the world....

So yeah, I just loved watching Suzaku in his good hearted delusion lol, although I must say I was let down when he punked Bismarck. I was hoping that guy would’ve put up a better fight, though he did overwhelm Li Xingke so it’s fine I guess haha.

Holy shit, this was a 10/10 villain through and through and I absolutely love him. To be clear, I love Charles in the same way that I love Akainu-I wouldn’t want to work for either of them, I don’t agree with their ideologies, but dammit if they aren’t the most effective villains in their series. I shall now detail why Charles is ridiculously awesome:

1. He rose to power when Brittania was in shambles, and personally oversaw a large part of her expansion, showing his extreme intelligence and resourcefulness
2. He birthed a large number of talented children who basically ran his empire for him, and he did this by openly promoting ideologies of humans being unequal which resulted in the upper echelons of Brittanian society being composed (mostly) of people with extreme talent (though there was definitely nepotism and such that still existed
3. He himself was not just a Geass user, but he killed his brother V.V to attain immortality
4. He actually had a very admirable ideology, he essentially only wanted to destroy people’s abilities to lie to each other, which explains his actions throughout the entire show, but also serves as his downfall because at the end of the day, he and Marianne lied to Lelouch and Nunnally
5. He was remorselessly evil and charismatic, when he discovered that Euphy was trying to commit Japanese genocide, he just starts erupting into laughter and praising Euphy for her strength
6. He literally did not give a single fuck about mundane affairs like war and politics, and was solely focused on his incredibly lofty ambition of destroying human consciousness. It was as if being the Emperor of Brittania, the most powerful man in the world, was just a hobby for him lol.

When I first heard his speech about how only the strongest can survive and how their is no place for the weak, given in front of the whole world, I was like “damn, how do they follow this guy?” But then I watched the rest of the show, and I was like “okay, I get it” lol. His charisma was legendary, his ideals were lofty, his frame was beefy, and overall I just thoroughly loved him as a villain lol. Even if Schneizel made a better series villain in the end. Speaking of,

Schneizel
He really did make the best villain for Lelouch in the end. He was a perfect embodiment of everything Lelouch was fighting against, and made for the express purpose of pushing Lelouch harder than the others who pushed him to the limits of his ability (Cornelia, Xingke). I love that Schneizel was Charles’ second son and not his first born, Odysseus was just a bumbling fool who in the end got Geass’d into a foot soldier lmfao, but Schneizel was the culmination of Charles’ actions as Emperor and ideals. A great ultimate villain in the end.

Cornelia
Just briefly, she was one of the best female characters I’ve ever seen. She had it all, she could beat Lelouch in a mind game, and could hop into a mech and take down the best knightmare pilots that other countries had in their ranks. I enjoyed her as a Season 1 Villain and wish she was around more in Season 2.

Overall this show does a great job about writing characters around ideologies and lines of thought relating to its main theme of equality, and does a great job in the way it presents all of its unique and memorable characters.

Genuinely a strong 9/10 anime, almost flawless for me. I can give more thoughts in the future but I’ll drop this post for now lol.
How do you like the ending?

Lelouch and Suzaku

Schneizel

Cornelia

Did you watch the new Movie?
I WATCHED it and it was kinda weird...
Cool tho

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Lelouch is hands down the best character
But nobody talking about nina, I hate that bitch so much LMAO.
First time I watched CG I was absolutely fuming and my mouth was foaming, that's how mad I got at Nina LMAO